Can I please get some information?

First of all, I’d like to thank Waypoint for keeping the Halo Wars stat tracking and leaderboards. I know there were plans to remove both features but you must of seen the light. For that, the Halo Wars community is greatful.

However, we were also promised that with the leaderboard reset, players who boost would be removed from the leaderboard altogether.

The previous halowars.com moderator, Cocopjojo removed both DC Sparta XC and SCUF PRINCE from the 1v1 leaderboard and told us that it only takes a second to do, so time and effort is obviously not a factor.

Please do not tell me to just sent messages to the mods of this website, we have been doing that for months and nothing has been done. I know for a fact that Crusader King 1 has been asking bs angel constantly for help but to no avail.

If a list of boosters with proof is required, I can easily provide that, but we need Waypoint to help us out too.

I am not being ungrateful, you have indeed helped to keep this game alive, but keeping your promise is not much to ask for.

Cheers!

> First of all, I’d like to thank Waypoint for keeping the Halo Wars stat tracking and leaderboards. I know there were plans to remove both features but you must of seen the light. For that, the Halo Wars community is greatful.
>
> However, we were also promised that with the leaderboard reset, players who boost would be removed from the leaderboard altogether.
>
> The previous halowars.com moderator, Cocopjojo removed both DC Sparta XC and SCUF PRINCE from the 1v1 leaderboard and told us that it only takes a second to do, so time and effort is obviously not a factor.
>
> Please do not tell me to just sent messages to the mods of this website, we have been doing that for months and nothing has been done. I know for a fact that Crusader King 1 has been asking bs angel constantly for help but to no avail.
>
> If a list of boosters with proof is required, I can easily provide that, but we need Waypoint to help us out too.
>
> I am not being ungrateful, you have indeed helped to keep this game alive, but keeping your promise is not much to ask for.
>
> Cheers!

Im sorry but I wouldn’t thank Waypoint for anything at this point. Keeping the leaderboards and stat tracking is not something you should have to ask for in a game. The fact that this was debated by Waypoint is insulting to every person who spent money on this game (I have spent 100 total, Limited Edition + 2 DLC). This game is the best selling RTS on console; With that kind of support from consumers, the amount were getting back is a slap in the face.

Every relevant question asked about this game’s future has been met with ambiguity, which only makes me think that they really have no plans for this game. So many times we have been told that pacthes/fixes are “just around the corner”. Well, Id say weve already gone around enough corners, and enough is enough.

Admins, give us an answer (an unambiguous one for a change). Please dont insult us anymore.

> > First of all, I’d like to thank Waypoint for keeping the Halo Wars stat tracking and leaderboards. I know there were plans to remove both features but you must of seen the light. For that, the Halo Wars community is greatful.
> >
> > However, we were also promised that with the leaderboard reset, players who boost would be removed from the leaderboard altogether.
> >
> > The previous halowars.com moderator, Cocopjojo removed both DC Sparta XC and SCUF PRINCE from the 1v1 leaderboard and told us that it only takes a second to do, so time and effort is obviously not a factor.
> >
> > Please do not tell me to just sent messages to the mods of this website, we have been doing that for months and nothing has been done. I know for a fact that Crusader King 1 has been asking bs angel constantly for help but to no avail.
> >
> > If a list of boosters with proof is required, I can easily provide that, but we need Waypoint to help us out too.
> >
> > I am not being ungrateful, you have indeed helped to keep this game alive, but keeping your promise is not much to ask for.
> >
> > Cheers!
>
> Im sorry but I wouldn’t thank Waypoint for anything at this point. Keeping the leaderboards and stat tracking is not something you should have to ask for in a game. The fact that this was debated by Waypoint is insulting to every person who spent money on this game (I have spent 100 total, Limited Edition + 2 DLC). This game is the best selling RTS on console; With that kind of support from consumers, the amount were getting back is a slap in the face.
>
> Every relevant question asked about this game’s future has been met with ambiguity, which only makes me think that they really have no plans for this game. So many times we have been told that pacthes/fixes are “just around the corner”. Well, Id say weve already gone around enough corners, and enough is enough.
>
> Admins, give us an answer (an unambiguous one for a change). Please dont insult us anymore.

Damn straight. Halo Wars was / is amazing however the support it has recieved has been literally the bare minimal. No other RTS could stand up to Halo Wars on consoles and i would consider it a kick to the crotch with steel capped boots if this game isnt supported properly and if a sequal isnt made.

Ive played every Halo game and Wars was by far my favourite after the Halo:CE HD Remake, Halo Wars 2 better be next in line…

I’m not going to let this thread die until I get some info from the mods.
:slight_smile:

This thread is as good as dead, because so is Halo Wars.

It has been over 1 month now since the last post on this topic by an admin.

On Feb 16, 2011, from bs angel:

“To be honest with you, I don’t have the specifics as of right now. They did let me know it’s almost ready for deployment, though (looking like days, not weeks). The vast majority of you won’t care about the following but in an effort to be transparent, things get complicated sometimes as we have to work with the Xbox Live team to get TUs pushed live. There’s a coordination of schedules and things of the like that have to be worked out. Once I’m given a specific date, I’ll let you know.TLDR version: Getting closer. :)”

The post says “LOOKING LIKE DAYS, NOT WEEKS”

You assured us it would be days away, and weeks were out of the question, yet a whole MONTH has passed.

Know what I would like: An honest answer.

If you guys arent gonna fix the game or do anything, please just tell us. Bad news upfront is far better than giving good news that slowly and agonizingly becomes untrue as we sit back helplessly.

HELLO ADMINS! WHERE IS OUR RESPONSE!?

I’d certainly like an update on the issue as it’s been a while since we’ve heard anything concrete.

IMHO it’s too bad Halo Wars wasn’t a Bungie game. I think it would have gotten more attention, long term support, etc. :frowning:

Still waiting.

> Still waiting.

Halo wars isn’t the only RTS in xbox, why not wait for halo wars 2?

> > Still waiting.
>
> Halo wars isn’t the only RTS in xbox, why not wait for halo wars 2?

Thanks for the constructive feedback…

Halo Wars is the only RTS on xbox worth playing so…And why not wait for Halo Wars 2? I dont understand your points.

I would wait years if there was going to be a Halo Wars 2, but I won’t wait years to hear that news from 343. They took control over Halo Wars, so they need to act like it. Even if they said Halo Wars 2 would be available in 2020 (almost a decade from now!) I would be happier with them than I am right now. They haven’t give us anything except empty promises. All we have asked for thus far is stats/leaderboards and for the TU to be reinstated. They were reluctant to do the first half, and have had Halo Wars for months now and failed to reinstate a TU that is already complete…

Insulting.

I guess these forums don’t have any Mods. Typical -Yoink-.

Seriously, a month and you cannot give feedback?

This is pretty bad. I think of the entire Halo community the Halo Wars fans have been the most patient and the most courteous.

I posted in the thread where a mod told us it would be coming soon. I just don’t understand why or for what reason 343 Industries or Microsoft is delaying the patch. It boggles the mind how a patch that has already been developed with the balance tweaked to the right levels is taking so long to implement. There is nothing new to add or remove. We are not asking for a rebalance of any of the units. The patch is done and all that needs to happen is for you to put it back in the game.

Funny how the announcement to remove the Leaderboards and Stat Tracking (basically all support for the game) and the decision to keep it in was all in the space of a couple of weeks. Announced November 22nd and retracted December 8th. But to reinstate a patch that is done and ready to go has taken from then till now. It’s going to be 5 months. What in the world are you doing there?

you should change that bump to something different, so you dont get into any trouble. I havent played it yet, is it fun?. I want the achievement points soo…is it worth getting?

Look. The moderators on this forums have actual jobs apart from answering posts on this forum. You refer to bs angel a lot, and that she for the past month has not responded to you. Guess what: her job responsibilites called for her to
travel across the country to attend both PAX East, as well as ECCC, so she’s barely been able to be on these forums until recently, both because of the actual trips themselves, but also because of the preperations.

When she last responded, she said it looked like days, not that she guaranteed it to be days. Like she said herself, things get complicated, and adding TUs to XBL is known to be notoriously hard to predict, and hard to do even. Guys, have some patience. I know you have been troubled a lot, but it’s not fair to say that they don’t care, and that they don’t moderate these forums, because they do.

Halo Wars FTW

Bump.

Screw that I shouldn’t have disguise a bump from what it really is. The Waypoint guys should have seen this coming. They have relegated the Halo Wars community to the lowest rung of the Halo family. This would be solved easily if they just gave us our own freaking forums.

I’m not saying that all the Halo games should get their own forums but how about at least giving the 1 non-FPS Halo a freaking forum of its own?! It’s all dominated by Reach and Halo 3. You would think that of the 3 active Halo games with communities they could afford to give the Halo Wars players their own tiny space.

I’m also here to say that you have no idea how we have been treated. We have a very active player base and we have been treated as the lepers of the Halo community. We are pretty sick and tired of the way that everyone ignores us. This is unbelievably ridiculous. They were going to utterly destroy this game before the community rose as one to stop the Leaderboards and Stat Tracking from being taken down.

I am not blaming BS Angel or anybody else. I know that the people who have actually responded to us on these and the other forums are not the bad guys. Some freaking idiotic number cruncher at Microsoft or at Waypoint is obviously to blame for all the misfortunes that have fallen on the Halo Wars community. All that we ask is that we get our patch reinstated and that the Leaderboards and Stat Tracking website be kept up. They are not extraordinary demands. They are just some of the most basic things that very dedicated players like us deserve. Many of us have dedicated alot of time and money to a product we love and they treat us like we’re the least important of their consumer base. I am still reeling from the announcement back in November that they would even think to take that away from the several dozen thousand people who still actively play Halo Wars.

May I also point out that of the 14 available slots on the first page of the Multiplayer Forums there are 5 stickies. 4 Stickies dedicated to Reach alone. 1 Sticky dedicated to Achievements on the ambigious “All” games. Halo Wars is the best selling console RTS of all time and probably one of the best selling RTSes in general thanks to the awesome work that Ensemble Studios/Robot Entertainment put in along with the name of the Halo franchise in general.

We have a pretty large active player base for an RTS not named StarCraft. We are loyal Microsoft and Halo customers.

IT IS NOT UNREASONABLE TO DEMAND THAT WE GET OUR OWN FORUMS OR EVEN A STICKY ON THE FRONT PAGE!

We could at least get frequent updates on what the plans are for our game. Reinstating our patch is just the beginning. I want active support from Waypoint. This is ridiculous I am absolutely disgusted at how our community has been treated.

> Look. The moderators on this forums have actual jobs apart from answering posts on this forum. You refer to bs angel a lot, and that she for the past month has not responded to you. Guess what: her job responsibilites called for her to
> travel across the country to attend both PAX East, as well as ECCC, so she’s barely been able to be on these forums until recently, both because of the actual trips themselves, but also because of the preperations.
>
> When she last responded, she said it looked like days, not that she guaranteed it to be days. Like she said herself, things get complicated, and adding TUs to XBL is known to be notoriously hard to predict, and hard to do even. Guys, have some patience. I know you have been troubled a lot, but it’s not fair to say that they don’t care, and that they don’t moderate these forums, because they do.

What a joke. Guess what? I have a job and it’s probably more important and requires more effort on my part than it would theirs. I still find time to check this forum once or twice a week. Heck, even once a week would suffice. But dont tell me in one breath that they are very busy traveling and in the very next breath say that the forums are moderated. If they are moderated a simple update would be nice.

Like I said from teh beginning, the fact that there is NO patch is not the issue. The issue is them saying one thing, then as a MONTH goes by they don’t say anything at all. So yeah, I would say these forums aren’t moderated - If they are, then they are intentionally ignoring HW fans.

> So yeah, I would say these forums aren’t moderated - If they are, then they are intentionally ignoring HW fans.

Preach on brother, preach on.

> > So yeah, I would say these forums aren’t moderated - If they are, then they are intentionally ignoring HW fans.
>
> Preach on brother, preach on.

I GUARANTEE that the forums are moderated, and that we are being ignored, based on the following:

There were 2 posts in here, 1 from someone i cant remember, and 1 from me in response, that were deleted sometime between 10 am and 1 pm PST.

The only attention they gave us was to delete these posts, which blamed them for ignoring us and destroying this game.

So they are listening to us, only to the point to shove their authority all over us, but not to the point of hearing our needs.

If anyone reads this, remember it. Remember it good. Screenshot it. It might get deleted like the other 2. The screenshots will prove that they are listening to us, listening but doing nothing.

screenshot’d for proof, LOL

support this thread for patch and mine for forum restructuring
http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/4085.aspx