Can I play Spartan Ops as a Silver?

I saw that Spartan Ops required Gold and I wanted to know if it was a mess up and I can play Spartan Ops as a Silver account or not because if I don’t get Gold for my 12th birthday and have to wait until my 13th, I don’t want to have to wait to play Spartan Ops in between that amount of time from when Halo 4 comes out and my 13th birthday and have all those missions there at one time, I would want to have an intermission each week between each set of Operations.

To be honest, you shouldn’t really be playing games like this if you only 11-12 :confused:
anyway you can probably play the first ones that are already on your game but not the ones that come out every week.

Since Silver account users have the ability to download DLC, you should be able to play every episode as soon as it comes out. However, you won’t be able to play it cooperatively with another friend. You’ll have to lone wolf it on this one.

So how many missions come with the game on the disc ?
Can I play it offline with 4 people per console split screen ?

I think there’s 5 missions and yes I do believe you can play split-screen as the past halo games have had it Eg. Firefight in Reach And ODST :slight_smile:
and yes offline SHOULD work.

> I saw that Spartan Ops required Gold and I wanted to know if it was a mess up and I can play Spartan Ops as a Silver account or not because if I don’t get Gold for my 12th birthday and have to wait until my 13th, I don’t want to have to wait to play Spartan Ops in between that amount of time from when Halo 4 comes out and my 13th birthday and have all those missions there at one time, I would want to have an intermission each week between each set of Operations.

The Walmart add implies you need a Gold to play Spartan ops.

• Online multiplayer requires Xbox LIVE Gold membership (sold separately). ** Minimum 8GB USB Flash Drive or Xbox 360 Hard Drive required for Multiplayer. For optimal experience in Campaign mode, play with Xbox 360 Hard Drive. (For Xbox 360 4 GB, Arcade and Core consoles, Xbox 360 Hard Drive sold separately). See http://xbox.com/halo/harddrive for specifications. *** Xbox LIVE Gold membership (sold separately) required for the Spartan Ops missions.

> I saw that Spartan Ops required Gold and I wanted to know if it was a mess up and I can play Spartan Ops as a Silver account or not because if I don’t get Gold for my 12th birthday and have to wait until my 13th, I don’t want to have to wait to play Spartan Ops in between that amount of time from when Halo 4 comes out and my 13th birthday and have all those missions there at one time, I would want to have an intermission each week between each set of Operations.

Why don’t you have gold? Is it because your mom won’t let you play or is it because you don’t have any money to buy it?

I’m actually legitimately curious. I remember when I was in both positions when I was your age.

> Since Silver account users have the ability to download DLC, you should be able to play every episode as soon as it comes out. However, you won’t be able to play it cooperatively with another friend. You’ll have to lone wolf it on this one.

Ok, thanks. I think I can handle the missions solo considering how alot of times I’m always having to be the Lone Wolf anyway.

I hope it’s four player split screen !!!

If it’s truely playable offline I’ll be sp happy !

> > I saw that Spartan Ops required Gold and I wanted to know if it was a mess up and I can play Spartan Ops as a Silver account or not because if I don’t get Gold for my 12th birthday and have to wait until my 13th, I don’t want to have to wait to play Spartan Ops in between that amount of time from when Halo 4 comes out and my 13th birthday and have all those missions there at one time, I would want to have an intermission each week between each set of Operations.
>
> Why don’t you have gold? Is it because your mom won’t let you play or is it because you don’t have any money to buy it?
>
> I’m actually legitimately curious. I remember when I was in both positions when I was your age.

We’re trying to save money, and if I did get the chance to get a membership then I would go into Recruiting and find some friends so I don’t have to listen to the garbage of alot of people on matchmaking when just randomly searching for random people.

> > > I saw that Spartan Ops required Gold and I wanted to know if it was a mess up and I can play Spartan Ops as a Silver account or not because if I don’t get Gold for my 12th birthday and have to wait until my 13th, I don’t want to have to wait to play Spartan Ops in between that amount of time from when Halo 4 comes out and my 13th birthday and have all those missions there at one time, I would want to have an intermission each week between each set of Operations.
> >
> > Why don’t you have gold? Is it because your mom won’t let you play or is it because you don’t have any money to buy it?
> >
> > I’m actually legitimately curious. I remember when I was in both positions when I was your age.
>
> We’re trying to save money, and if I did get the chance to get a membership then I would go into Recruiting and find some friends so I don’t have to listen to the garbage of alot of people on matchmaking when just randomly searching for random people.

Well im sure if you ask around the forums, in the right thread of course people would love to play with you on halo, once you get your membership btw I was kidding about you being under-age for the game, im 14 lol

> > > I saw that Spartan Ops required Gold and I wanted to know if it was a mess up and I can play Spartan Ops as a Silver account or not because if I don’t get Gold for my 12th birthday and have to wait until my 13th, I don’t want to have to wait to play Spartan Ops in between that amount of time from when Halo 4 comes out and my 13th birthday and have all those missions there at one time, I would want to have an intermission each week between each set of Operations.
> >
> > Why don’t you have gold? Is it because your mom won’t let you play or is it because you don’t have any money to buy it?
> >
> > I’m actually legitimately curious. I remember when I was in both positions when I was your age.
>
> We’re trying to save money, and if I did get the chance to get a membership then I would go into Recruiting and find some friends so I don’t have to listen to the garbage of alot of people on matchmaking when just randomly searching for random people.

You know it’s only 25 for 3 months, right? That shouldn’t require a whole lot of saving…

And in those 3 months you can be saving for the next 3. I rarely buy a full year membership cuz unless you’re ridiculously hardcore there will be periods, sometimes extended, where you just… don’t play.

> > > > I saw that Spartan Ops required Gold and I wanted to know if it was a mess up and I can play Spartan Ops as a Silver account or not because if I don’t get Gold for my 12th birthday and have to wait until my 13th, I don’t want to have to wait to play Spartan Ops in between that amount of time from when Halo 4 comes out and my 13th birthday and have all those missions there at one time, I would want to have an intermission each week between each set of Operations.
> > >
> > > Why don’t you have gold? Is it because your mom won’t let you play or is it because you don’t have any money to buy it?
> > >
> > > I’m actually legitimately curious. I remember when I was in both positions when I was your age.
> >
> > We’re trying to save money, and if I did get the chance to get a membership then I would go into Recruiting and find some friends so I don’t have to listen to the garbage of alot of people on matchmaking when just randomly searching for random people.
>
> Well im sure if you ask around the forums, in the right thread of course people would love to play with you on halo, once you get your membership btw I was kidding about you being under-age for the game, im 14 lol

Ok, but I think I might have to mention I don’t have mic so I might have to try make a “Halo Sign-Language”, I thought I used to have a mic with my first Xbox and I used to talk through it whenever I play Star Wars Starfighter, not sure what happened to it.

> Well im sure if you ask around the forums, in the right thread of course people would love to play with you on halo, once you get your membership btw I was kidding about you being under-age for the game, im 14 lol

Real interesting to see how humans tell the truth when confronted by the truth, yeah?

Play splitscreen or solo it. Shouldn’t make much of a difference.

> > <mark>To be honest, you shouldn’t really be playing games like this if you only 11-12 :/</mark>
> > anyway you can probably play the first ones that are already on your game but not the ones that come out every week.
>
> I get good grades, and I just switched to the Viola from the Clarinet and I got the highest possible grade in practicing at home, playing position, among other things, my only problems right now would be speaking in front of a group, but I’ve always had trouble talking in front of a group, even after taking a 5 day Dynamic Speaking class.

That’s good. Just remember to always put school before video games. You can only go through school once. You can play video games until you die.

I could maybe use one of my 3 Gold cards that came with some of my Halo’s.

If we can’t play Spartan Ops offline, split-screen, or as a Silver member (by ourselves/ split-screen), then this is undeniable proof that Microsoft had a direct say in the matter. There’s no reason why we wouldn’t be able to.

Hope we can !!

> To be honest, you shouldn’t really be playing games like this if you only 11-12 :confused:

Well to be honest, the majority of Halo fans are currently 15-20, so that would mean that we began playing at a young age. So on that subject, I’d like to say that I’m thankful that I am not 13 right now playing Halo, I am glad that I grew up with the originals because back then no one gave you crap for doing so. I can honestly say that I feel bad for this new generation of kids who have to take all of this flame. Cool it down. Enjoy the game. However, I understand the reasoning behind it all.

On Topic: Spartan Ops, I believe will require Gold in that, you must download a new 5 missions every week (or month, slips my mind at the moment). So this means, you will most likely receive the first 5, but from that point on, you will need gold to DL the new maps. Just my 2 cents/What I believe.

> > > > > I saw that Spartan Ops required Gold and I wanted to know if it was a mess up and I can play Spartan Ops as a Silver account or not because if I don’t get Gold for my 12th birthday and have to wait until my 13th, I don’t want to have to wait to play Spartan Ops in between that amount of time from when Halo 4 comes out and my 13th birthday and have all those missions there at one time, I would want to have an intermission each week between each set of Operations.
> > > >
> > > > Why don’t you have gold? Is it because your mom won’t let you play or is it because you don’t have any money to buy it?
> > > >
> > > > I’m actually legitimately curious. I remember when I was in both positions when I was your age.
> > >
> > > We’re trying to save money, and if I did get the chance to get a membership then I would go into Recruiting and find some friends so I don’t have to listen to the garbage of alot of people on matchmaking when just randomly searching for random people.
> >
> > Well im sure if you ask around the forums, in the right thread of course people would love to play with you on halo, once you get your membership btw I was kidding about you being under-age for the game, im 14 lol
>
> Ok, but I think I might have to mention I don’t have mic so I might have to try make a “Halo Sign-Language”, I thought I used to have a mic with my first Xbox and I used to talk through it whenever I play Star Wars Starfighter, not sure what happened to it.

No mic required. I have a 100+ dollar mic and on most occasions I don’t even use it.

And on the subject of age… When Halo: CE came out I was 7 and I played the hell out of that game…