Can i play halo 5 early if its delivered early?

Simple question, my halo 4, reach, odst and war all arrived early due to me ordering them online and i played them both early

but i was wondering if i would be able to do the same with halo 5? or is their some system to prevent this? and can you get in trouble for playing it early? ive heard you can for halo 5 but im not sure if thats just rumors or not

some people are even saying microsoft would break your xbox if you play it early but i think thats not true [or atleast hope its not]

is there any official word on this

If it’s a legal copy, then no. Although, it can cause quite a problem if you’re getting games early. I’ve never heard of this and the ones that have happened, were basically sued for releasing and the inappropriate time.

> 2533274820541653;2:
> If it’s a legal copy, then no. Although, it can cause quite a problem if you’re getting games early. I’ve never heard of this and the ones that have happened, were basically sued for releasing and the inappropriate time.

it wasnt massivly early just a day or two due to the post or something

and do you know if its a physical restriction or will the game just not run?

There will more than likely be an update that requires you to have before you access anything online.
I think you MAY be able to play Campaign, if you have a physical copy, just in case there is that one person who doesn’t have internet.

> 2535447317427844;4:
> There will more than likely be an update that requires you to have before you access anything online.
> I think you MAY be able to play Campaign, if you have a physical copy, just in case there is that one person who doesn’t have internet.

i doubt it would require online activation given lots of people dont have the internet

and really IF [IF] i get it early, i’d just be playing the campaign since i dont really care for competitive multiplayer

> 2533274870790671;5:
> > 2535447317427844;4:
> > There will more than likely be an update that requires you to have before you access anything online.
> > I think you MAY be able to play Campaign, if you have a physical copy, just in case there is that one person who doesn’t have internet.
>
>
> i doubt it would require online activation given lots of people dont have the internet
>
> and really IF [IF] i get it early, i’d just be playing the campaign since i dont really care for competitive multiplayer

They already said that it requires a download to play anything online, which will happen at midnight.
I said that you may be able to play the campaign, or it may be tied in to the date on the xbox.

> 2533274870790671;1:
> Simple question, my halo 4, reach, odst and war all arrived early due to me ordering them online and i played them both early
>
> but i was wondering if i would be able to do the same with halo 5? or is their some system to prevent this? and can you get in trouble for playing it early? ive heard you can for halo 5 but im not sure if thats just rumors or not
>
> some people are even saying microsoft would break your xbox if you play it early but i think thats not true [or atleast hope its not]
>
> is there any official word on this

If you bought it legally, you can play it to as much as you want.

Just don’t spoil it. Or I’m coming for you.

Last year I got the MCC 3 days befores it original release and I didnt caused any problems to my account

Just google “Early Halo Bans” or anything along those lines. They have been bricking peoples Xboxes for playing Halo early since Halo 2 days. If you absolutely can’t wait, make sure your Ethernet cable is unplugged.

I think I remember seeing an article about people who got Halo 4 delivered early and got banned from Xbox Live for playing it before the release date. This was way back though, back in 2012. I’m not sure if they had it delivered early or they obtained it some other way. If I were you, I wouldn’t try my luck.

Remember, you must refrain from sharing your experiences here until the official release date.
Once it’s 12:01am your time, remember that anything you wish to discuss for the campaign MUST be done so with spoiler tags, either in the topic header and/or hiding information within the spoiler window.
Also, please, don’t put THE spoiler in your header. Indicate Spoiler and something that alludes to your subject but don’t actually leak the spoiler.

> 2603643534597848;11:
> Remember, you must refrain from sharing your experiences here until the official release date.
> Once it’s 12:01am your time, remember that anything you wish to discuss for the campaign MUST be done so with spoiler tags, either in the topic header and/or hiding information within the spoiler window.
> Also, please, don’t put THE spoiler in your header. Indicate Spoiler and something that alludes to your subject but don’t actually leak the spoiler.

And then there’s people like this guy. Who don’t even read what the thread is about.

I get almost all my games a day early from an online store in the UK, including Halo 3, Reach, ODST, Halo 4 and MCC. Never had a problem its fine. They cant band you if you recieved it legally anyway. Not your fault it got shipped early.

Any physical copy you obtain, as far as you know, legally and through a retail outlet that may or may not accidentally send out copies a bit too early, is OK to play (it’d be a day or 2 max, not weeks). Players that were banned were due to illegal copies or modded 360’s.
http://gamerant.com/halo-4-leaked-xbox-live-bans-343-industries/

MP/Co-op servers may not be accessible/final.

But remember, you must refrain from sharing your experiences here until the official release date. Once it’s 12:01am your time, remember that anything you wish to discuss for the campaign MUST be done so with spoiler tags, either in the topic header and/or hiding information within the spoiler window. It’s respectful to let players ease into things for the first few weeks. Some beat it in a night, others in a month.

Note: Posting up any videos or such before the release date on any site is likely not go over well either. Playing is one thing, spoiling is another.

Also, please, don’t put THE spoiler in your header. Indicate Spoiler and something that alludes to your subject but don’t actually leak the spoiler.

I often get games early, there are a lot of stores that sell them early, and I never got a problem, and there I never had to wait for activation, a friend of me always told me I could get banned for that, but then I just asked the Xbox Support and they told me I could do what I want if I got it legally (and a physical copy of course), they told me that it’s not a customers fault for getting the game early, and that there are too many people that don’t even know the release date of games to punish them. Only the retailer can get in a lot of trouble.

Yes, but not recommended to stream it, and online services wont be up yet.

In other words… solo campaign.

halo 5 limited collectors bundle ships earlier(oct.20th) the collectors and slandered,(oct.27th) so i would assume as long as you get the digital code for the limited or on the console you will be able to play earlier than other people who bought the other editions but good luck playing multiplayer that early since i am sure the servers for them wont be up and running yet but who knows.

> 2533274798429062;17:
> halo 5 limited collectors bundle ships earlier(oct.20th) the collectors and slandered,(oct.27th) so i would assume as long as you get the digital code for the limited or on the console you will be able to play earlier than other people who bought the other editions but good luck playing multiplayer that early since i am sure the servers for them wont be up and running yet but who knows.

If its a digital code, its locked until the 27th… the disc on the other hand, is a different story, I believe.

My preorder just got delivered 10 minutes ago. I’m going to give it a whirl later.