can i play anniversary maps with reach rules?

I bought the map pack a couple of days ago because i was excited to play the new maps on reach. I havent been able to play slayer on any of the maps except for in the classic playlist. the classic play list is alright but the pistol is WAY too powerful. Theres no reason to use any other weapon in the game. Is there any way to play these maps using reach rules? preferably with the title update. These are probly my favorite maps in the game i just want to be able to play them when its not a giant pistol fest

You can find these maps in the Super Slayer playlist. But everyone has to have the DLC in order for it to show up. And since they got rid of Anniversary Squad, there is really nowhere else to go.

> You can find these maps in the Super Slayer playlist. But everyone has to have the DLC in order for it to show up. And since they got rid of Anniversary Squad, there is really nowhere else to go.

well thats stupid, i think reach would really benefit from pulling a halo 2 and releasing all the dlc maps for free. the maps are the best in the game but they are barely being played

> > You can find these maps in the Super Slayer playlist. But everyone has to have the DLC in order for it to show up. And since they got rid of Anniversary Squad, there is really nowhere else to go.
>
> well thats stupid, i think reach would really benefit from pulling a halo 2 and releasing all the dlc maps for free. the maps are the best in the game but they are barely being played

I agree with you there. But I am not sure if it will happen since it was Bungie who released the maps.

they should at least give us a playlist for the anniversary maps to be played with reaches rules. I dont want to have to wait until i find a game where everyone happens to have bought the maps i want to play

The maps are also in Team Slayer, not just Super Slayer. Basically, if everyone has DLC, you have a chance at finding the Anni maps in almost any playlist.

> The maps are also in Team Slayer, not just Super Slayer. Basically, if everyone has DLC, you have a chance at finding the Anni maps in almost any playlist.

Is there a way to set up matchmaking to look for players who also have the anniversary maps?

> > The maps are also in Team Slayer, not just Super Slayer. Basically, if everyone has DLC, you have a chance at finding the Anni maps in almost any playlist.
>
> Is there a way to set up matchmaking to look for players who also have the anniversary maps?

No, but the behind the scenes matrices have been changed to try to match up DLC owners with other DLC owners.

Ive only tried playing a few games not in the anniversary playlists and went back right after each time because they werent anniversary maps. Ill have to stick to super slayer today and see how it goes

Playlist page

That has a list of all the maps and what playlists they are in.

> The maps are also in Team Slayer, not just Super Slayer. Basically, if everyone has DLC, you have a chance at finding the Anni maps in almost any playlist.

I know it’s not just super slayer. He said that he preferred the title update, so I offered him a slayer playlist with the title update.

> > The maps are also in Team Slayer, not just Super Slayer. Basically, if everyone has DLC, you have a chance at finding the Anni maps in almost any playlist.
>
> I know it’s not just super slayer. He said that he preferred the title update, so I offered him a slayer playlist with the title update.

Oh, my mistake. I missed that part.

::off to get more coffee::

Anniverasry FFA might be a good bet

>
> Is there a way to <mark>set up matchmaking to look for players who also have the anniversary maps?</mark>

This would be a good idea for Halo 4.

Anniv BTB and FFA use the TU Reach settings, not Classic 3sk magnum settings. Those playlists are probably your best bet.

They’re keeping TU settings out of Anniversary Classic, but I believe they’re still in Anniversary BTB and FFA…which is why I barely play them:(

> Playlist page
>
> That has a list of all the maps and what playlists they are in.

Gahhh… I can’t believe I missed this part! I was looking for this, thanks!

> well thats stupid, i think reach would really benefit from pulling a halo 2 and releasing all the dlc maps for free. the maps are the best in the game but they are barely being played

This would be amazing
To build hype for Halo 4, bring people back to Reach and keep those of us who are still playing happy.