Can i just have one favor 343?

when halo 1 was released it had alot of what you guys would call bugs or problems. some of them were weapon glitches( i know scary right) such as double melee(blb), backpack reload(xxy), and quick camo. others were quite clearly intended such as the plasma freeze and its very predictable spawn system and weapons that spawn at set times no matter what. the reason people keep complaining about having halo 1 back is not because we want to relive the campaign but because we want to relive multiplayer. maps dont make a game what a game is its the physics. despite what you may think not every halo player enjoys zombies and 8v8 btb stuff. we like teamwork, gametypes and physics that clearly display who is a better player.

A good metaphor for why we like halo 1 is track. so say you are a very talented athlete and you spend a significant amount of time getting in amazing shape and practicing to be the best. so you go to race and your opponent is a fat guy who smokes weed all day and doesnt know what exercise means. so you say to yourself this ought to be easy. so you race him and you win. but you win by 5 feet instead of lapping him and beating him by alot because the track you are racing on allows you to go only so fast. that fat guy could keep up with you and compete with you not because he has any talent, not because he worked his a*s off but because the people who built the track you raced on designed it that way.

alot of people quit playing halo after halo 1 because they knew they were the best and now all these very unskilled players can compete against me when back in halo 1 they would get destroyed. when you didn’t make halo cea with halo 1’s exact multiplayer it was like a big f*ck you to all the skilled players. unlike alot of other games halo 1 never got the chance it deserved. it never had online and the closest thing we could get to it was xbconnect which due to halo 1’s netcode makes it unbarable to play but we do anyway because we love this game. the only way you could play halo 1 t oits full potential with skilled player was to drive/fly across the country which costs hundreds of dollars. but we still do it anyway because we love halo 1.

so im asking you can you let us have halo 1 the way it should have been? if 3 shots was op and the game was as unbalanced as you say, why would we play it? there has to be a couple halo 1 discs laying around at 343. just play it
4v4 and 2v2 while timing the weapons. you cant tell me that wasnt a blast.

make sure to read these

Erm, bit late isn’t it? Decisions have already been made, cogs are already in place and turning, But what they are giving us instead is more than welcome, a playable Reach is always nice.

No, because you didn’t capitalize the “I” in your title.

How do you know that the fat guy who smokes weed isn’t a pro at video games? Just because you work hard in life doesn’t mean that you’ll be good at a video game. They are completely different.

thats why its a metaphor

I really do not understand a single thing you said.

OP is blinded by nostalgia. CE is terribly unbalanced and not just because of the pistol. Needlers suck, grenades are way overpowered (even more than Reach’s!) and you can kill a teamate just by punching them in the back as if they were the enemy. Plasma Rifle has stun and the AR is useful. Now put all this good stuff online and you’ll have craptastic game that isn’t the same experience.

I love CE to death but let it remain as it is. A testament to what shooters should aim to be.

> thats why its a metaphor

alas it will not happen

but try out reach post TU, you may just like it

> OP is blinded by nostalgia. CE is terribly unbalanced and not just because of the pistol. Needlers suck, grenades are way overpowered (even more than Reach’s!) and you can kill a teamate just by punching them in the back as if they were the enemy. Plasma Rifle has stun and the AR is useful. Now put all this good stuff online and you’ll have craptastic game that isn’t the same experience.

you are blinded by ignorance

> thats why its a metaphor

It was an analogy, smart one.

@ broken decimal typical noob response. you wouldnt even have to play it it wouldnt affect reach

> OP is blinded by nostalgia. CE is terribly unbalanced and not just because of the pistol. Needlers suck, grenades are way overpowered (even more than Reach’s!) and you can kill a teamate just by punching them in the back as if they were the enemy. Plasma Rifle has stun and the AR is useful. Now put all this good stuff online and you’ll have craptastic game that isn’t the same experience.
>
>
> I love CE to death but let it remain as it is. A testament to what shooters should aim to be.

H:CE is the most balanced Halo game to date. Yes, the pistol was overpowered compared to other weapons. But it worked.

The needler was the perfect weapon for “long range assassinations”; an opponent runs past you, not noticing you? Unleash the needler at his back and watch him blow up.

Grenades were fine, and they still are. They’re GRENADES, for Pete’s sake! Explosives that are supposed to hurt A LOT. And they were also your main means of taking out vehicles.

The plasma rifle was a niche weapon but still very useful under the right cirumstances, as was the plasma pistol.

The AR was basically useless at anything but very close range, as it should be. A fully automatic weapon that doesn’t require you to aim, has very high rate of fire, kills with 16 rounds, and has a 60-round magazine and carries a total of 660 rounds should be incredibly inaccurate so people use weapons that actually require you to aim.

> OP is blinded by nostalgia. CE is terribly unbalanced and not just because of the pistol. Needlers suck, grenades are way overpowered (even more than Reach’s!) and you can kill a teamate just by punching them in the back as if they were the enemy. Plasma Rifle has stun and the AR is useful. Now put all this good stuff online and you’ll have craptastic game that isn’t the same experience.
>
>
> I love CE to death but let it remain as it is. A testament to what shooters should aim to be.

I have to agree with this game. While CE did have a great multiplayer at the time, it really wasn’t that great compared to H2/3. I think what you’re feeling when you said skilled players dominated was due to the limit of same console matches. Without a live system, its very difficult to play against a similarly skill opponent- so you end up with players that are at one extreme of the other. Just play CE with against a dead controller and you can easily see how off the game was.

P.S.- How can you possible say the needler sucked in CE? That was the only game it was really effective.