Can I get some good teammates?

Before reading this, yes. It’s a little bit of a rant towards the end. I’m not trying to offend anyone and I’m not trying to upset the 343PS. So dun chew my head off.

It seems to me that the lack of decent teammates are one of my major turn offs for this game. No less than 10 minutes ago I decided I wanted to play Halo 4. (Much to the disagreement of one of my friends) and as soon as I got in the game I noticed it was one of those JIP games.

Cool, cool. No biggie. I’m not the type of player to see I’ve been put on the losing team and automatically quit, so I play on.

I’m not going to bore you with some overly dramatic story to get my point across, but the game didn’t go well and I ended up quitting anyway. Now, I hate to complain but if there’s some kind of behind-the-scenes ranking system going on then it’s not working. I’m not Super Mega Ultra MLG Jesus but I know I’m better than the people I was paired up with.

  1. I support you, but I hope in the future there’s either a solid system in place or you fix it with the next game. Though from what I’ve been experiencing lately I doubt many will be there to try it.

And before you say “You could’ve just played with friends!” believe me, no I couldn’t. Because most of my friends don’t want to play this game like I do. Regardless, that is NO excuse for the garbage I just experienced and will probably continue to experience…343, please do something. :frowning:

Another thread that belongs in the Feedback section…

JIP is kind of annoying, but so is the people quitting and not having someone to replace them. In-game ranking is a need if they continue with the JIP, so that you are put into games that reflect your skill level as equal to those you are joining and teaming with. I find it awkward to join half-way through a game of SWAT onto the losing team, and be the “tide of fate” and bring my team the win, ending with the most kills on the team. Then you are accused of hacking, etc, and it gets on my nerves because my own team thinks I hacked my way to the top of the leaderboard simply because I joined in late and surpassed them in kills.

I don’t think it can be easily resolved. Under the current system, low playlist populations result in less than ideal match-ups.

Here’s a snapshot from when you posted your message:

Big Team Infinity Slayer: 2,489
Infinity Slayer: 1,435
SWAT: 969
Extraction: 570
Team Action Sack: 552
Capture the Flag: 470
Flood: 350
Team Snipers: 283
Grifball: 258
Regicide: 256
Dominion: 234
Team Doubles: 174
Team Throwdown: 162
Majestic Team DLC: 114
Team Objective: 73
Majestic FFA DLC: 61

As far as I can tell, the only way to address this is to enforce strict TrueSkill and team size matching (in addition to the other parameters), but it comes at the cost of slow search times. As I recall, this was a constant complaint of high-level Arena players in Reach.

So, how long are you willing to wait to play a “fair” game? Ten seconds, two minutes, ten minutes? What about everyone else?

It’s a difficult issue, which may come to a head when 343 rolls out CSR and its revamped playlists.

Playing through a game that is not going well will make you a better player.

Quitting a match because you dont like it secures your place in the line of bad teammates.

> Playing through a game that is not going well will make you a better player.

37-2. Still lost.
I don’t need to get better. My teammates do.

“Back in the day” this was a common gripe in the H3 section over on Bnet. While not always optimal, the solution has always been: “Don’t go in with randoms”. If you’re relying on MM to find you teammates of caliber, then you’re leaving too much to chance. Don’t go in alone. You may not be able to get a full team, but at least you can reduce the amount of random teammates you get.

> “Back in the day” this was a common gripe in the H3 section over on Bnet. While not always optimal, the solution has always been: “Don’t go in with randoms”. If you’re relying on MM to find you teammates of caliber, then you’re leaving too much to chance. Don’t go in alone. You may not be able to get a full team, but at least you can reduce the amount of random teammates you get.

I never got ripetoaster89 and his two guests on my team in H3. It would be nice if going in alone wasn’t stat suicide in certain playlists. What would be even better is having an actual FFA playlist without regicide.

> > “Back in the day” this was a common gripe in the H3 section over on Bnet. While not always optimal, the solution has always been: “Don’t go in with randoms”. If you’re relying on MM to find you teammates of caliber, then you’re leaving too much to chance. Don’t go in alone. You may not be able to get a full team, but at least you can reduce the amount of random teammates you get.
>
> I never got ripetoaster89 and his two guests on my team in H3. It would be nice if going in alone wasn’t stat suicide in certain playlists. What would be even better is having an actual FFA playlist without regicide.

There is both the Majestic FFA and upcoming non-DLC FFA.

> There is both the Majestic FFA and upcoming non-DLC FFA.

Is Majestic all slayer?
Either way it shouldn’t be upcoming. It should have been there from the start. Now that people have left, how are they supposed to know about the changes?

> > “Back in the day” this was a common gripe in the H3 section over on Bnet. While not always optimal, the solution has always been: “Don’t go in with randoms”. If you’re relying on MM to find you teammates of caliber, then you’re leaving too much to chance. Don’t go in alone. You may not be able to get a full team, but at least you can reduce the amount of random teammates you get.
>
> I never got ripetoaster89 and his two guests on my team in H3. It would be nice if going in alone wasn’t stat suicide in certain playlists. What would be even better is having an actual FFA playlist without regicide.

It happened constantly in H3. At least to me. Threads about it were as common place as rank locked threads. Going in with randoms is akin to buying a lottery ticket, and then acting surprised when you find out you’re not an instant millionaire. You’re going to lose out far more times than you win.

Majestic FFA offers players an eight player free for all experience, featuring a variety of gametypes such as Infinity Rumble, Rumble Pro and Regicide.

You’ll be able to play the following map & gametype combinations:

Landfall

Infinity Rumble
Rumble Pro

Monolith

Infinity Rumble
Rumble Pro
Regicide

Skyline

Infinity Rumble
Rumble Pro
Regicide

Infinity Rumble Details

Players – Eight Player FFA
Score to Win – 250 Points (25 kills)
Loadouts – Personal Loadouts
Instant Respawn – Disabled
Death Cam – Enabled
Motion Tracker – Enabled
Personal Ordnance – Enabled
Ordnance Drops – Enabled
Time Limit – 15 Minutes

Rumble Pro Details

Players – Eight Player FFA
Score to Win – 250 Points (25 kills)
Loadouts – Preset Game Loadouts (see below)
Instant Respawn – Disabled
Death Cam – Disabled
Motion Tracker – Enabled
Personal Ordnance – Disabled
Ordnance Drops – Enabled
Time Limit – 12 Minutes

Loadout ONE

Primary Weapon – DMR
Secondary Weapon – Magnum
Armour Ability – None
Tactical Package – Resupply
Support Upgrade – Explosives

Loadout TWO

Primary Weapon – Battle Rifle
Secondary Weapon – Magnum
Armour Ability – None
Tactical Package – Resupply
Support Upgrade – Explosives

Loadout THREE

Primary Weapon – LightRifle
Secondary Weapon – Magnum
Armour Ability – None
Tactical Package – Resupply
Support Upgrade – Explosives

Loadout FOUR

Primary Weapon – Covenant Carbine
Secondary Weapon – Magnum
Armour Ability – None
Tactical Package – Resupply
Support Upgrade – Explosives

> Regicide

And there you go.

>

We talking social or ranked in H3?

> >
>
> We talking social or ranked in H3?

Both, but it was more of an issue in ranked. I think that’s part of why I quit ranked after a while and stuck to social. It’s going to happen. If you’re relying on random teammates, you have to take what you get. I only played ranked when I had friends to play with.

> > >
> >
> > We talking social or ranked in H3?
>
> Both, but it was more of an issue in ranked. I think that’s part of why I quit ranked after a while and stuck to social. It’s going to happen. If you’re relying on random teammates, you have to take what you get. I only played ranked when I had friends to play with.

What level? I remember the 40s being extremely aggravating, but nothing in comparison to what happened in Reach and what is happening in H4.

The 1-50 system wasn’t perfect, but it helped with making more even matches. There is literally no good reason for me to be matched up with a .8 kid. It’s like a 50 being put on a team with a 22.

I’ve had perfections where I still lost in H4 because some hero went -14.

> What level? I remember the 40s being extremely aggravating, but nothing in comparison to what happened in Reach and what is happening in H4.
>
> The 1-50 system wasn’t perfect, but it helped with making more even matches. There is literally no good reason for me to be matched up with a .8 kid. It’s like a 50 being put on a team with a 22.
>
> I’ve had perfections where I still lose in H4 because some hero went -14.

I was only at the mid 20’s when I stopped. I think my gf stopped right at 30. The boosters, derankers, and 2nd accounts were just way too much. We’re weren’t the best players, but we shouldn’t have had as many issue as we did. I don’t want to get off topic, so if you want to read what I think you can by clicking this.

My advice is really to find people with a similar skill and play with them. Clans are good for this. It’s going to take some work on your end though to find the right people. I know it’s not perfect, but you kinda have to meet the system half way.

too many play lists

> > > >
> > >
> > > We talking social or ranked in H3?
> >
> > Both, but it was more of an issue in ranked. I think that’s part of why I quit ranked after a while and stuck to social. It’s going to happen. If you’re relying on random teammates, you have to take what you get. I only played ranked when I had friends to play with.
>
> What level? I remember the 40s being extremely aggravating, but nothing in comparison to what happened in Reach and what is happening in H4.
>
> The 1-50 system wasn’t perfect, but it helped with making more even matches. There is literally no good reason for me to be matched up with a .8 kid. It’s like a 50 being put on a team with a 22.
>
> I’ve had perfections where I still lost in H4 because some hero went -14.

-14? I have had numerous neg 30’s on my team. I think about half my perfections are losses honestly. I have had perfections where I lose by 35 kills in BTB.

Usually its just one or two who do it, but its nearly impossible to overcome the kamikazee artists who go 2-25 especially when you have several of them on your team.

Make a chart that shows the percentage of Slayer games where you have at least a +15 K/D and still lose and you will have my attention if the percentage is over 10%. I’d be surprised if it’s over 5%.