Can I choose which armor the Chief should wear?

I like both armor designs and while people like the return of the Halo 3 armor I would like to see Chief wearing his Halo 4 armor design, for me it is the definitive look for Master Chief.
Since the Halo community is debating on every single thing, let we have both and choose which armor the Chief should wear. See? It is a win win situation, nobody would complain anymore.

It could work but it also could be a bit weird since campaign is meant to present canon as in what is happening, even visually.

Though since Halo also is not meant to represent any historical event I would see some variables as understandable.
So in other words, given its sci-fi sort of story it could have appearances based on choice.

Though I admit that seeing this armor thing other way around is somewhat fresh experience.

Though I have to disagree with one part and therefore write that there will always be someone complaining. Its the internet afterall and players are still humans.

> 2533274890014309;2:
> It could work but it also could be a bit weird since campaign is meant to present canon as in what is happening, even visually.
>
> Though since Halo also is not meant to represent any historical event I would see some variables as understandable.
> So in other words, given its sci-fi sort of story it could have appearances based on choice.
>
> Though I admit that seeing this armor thing other way around is somewhat fresh experience.
>
> Though I have to disagree with one part and therefore write that there will always be someone complaining. Its the internet afterall and players are still humans.

I don’t know how the visuals will affect Halo Infinite as a whole. 343 is mixing their style, so we’ll probably see The Chief with his old armor alongside Locke with his new style armor, so maybe things are just a mess visually, they don’t need to necessarily look “classic” or “new”, but a bit of both. Then the idea of having the Master Chief with armors you can choose would not break canon. (and you could even choose the Halo 1 armor, that would be great too).

Regarding to the part of the complaint, yes, it is the Halo community after all and complaint is something very related to us anyway.

I agree that the H4 armor is a more definitive look. It just feels more polished to me, without yet having reached that point of “too much” that a lot of the H5 armor seems to show. I’m not sure how i feel about allowing older armour sets in game, simply because the armour is part of the cannon being shown to us. I think defaulting the armour to whatever 343i wants, but also allowing us to choose would be fine. It’s really not a big deal, and it allows people more of their own style and preference.

> 2533275010793662;3:
> > 2533274890014309;2:
> > It could work but it also could be a bit weird since campaign is meant to present canon as in what is happening, even visually.
> >
> > Though since Halo also is not meant to represent any historical event I would see some variables as understandable.
> > So in other words, given its sci-fi sort of story it could have appearances based on choice.
> >
> > Though I admit that seeing this armor thing other way around is somewhat fresh experience.
> >
> > Though I have to disagree with one part and therefore write that there will always be someone complaining. Its the internet afterall and players are still humans.
>
> I don’t know how the visuals will affect Halo Infinite as a whole. 343 is mixing their style, so we’ll probably see The Chief with his old armor alongside Locke with his new style armor, so maybe things are just a mess visually, they don’t need to necessarily look “classic” or “new”, but a bit of both. Then the idea of having the Master Chief with armors you can choose would not break canon. (and you could even choose the Halo 1 armor, that would be great too).
>
> Regarding to the part of the complaint, yes, it is the Halo community after all and complaint is something very related to us anyway.

Though we havent seen Chief with his old armor, at least fully. At least in the teaser the little part we saw of the armor most noticeably lacked the codpiece as an example. Therefore the armor shown in the teaser is already mix. So we just have to wait and see how it turns out and if the mix that was shown will be the only armor or example of choices.

And not only Halo community but pretty much anything will cause complaints. I dont think there has been an example of a single thing every living person agrees on.

> 2533275010793662;1:
> I like both armor designs and while people like the return of the Halo 3 armor I would like to see Chief wearing his Halo 4 armor design, for me it is the definitive look for Master Chief.
> Since the Halo community is debating on every single thing, let we have both and choose which armor the Chief should wear. See? It is a win win situation, nobody would complain anymore.

The thing that most people don’t seem to realise and it bugs me a lot. but the amount of people I hear say the community is split over stuff like this but in reality, the community has been wanting the halo style back, its the few people who started playing halo from 4 up who want it to stay the same.

Not going to lie though, I hate the halo 4 + 5 armour style in general. it just looks like a bunch of randomly shaped metal stuck to the Spartan.

I’m ok with both armors but I think if they decided to change the look, that campaign should reflect the canon, so if they have a reason to change it back to halo 3 style, I don’t think it’s good to have the other style available.

> 2533275015292603;7:
> I’m ok with both armors but I think if they decided to change the look, that campaign should reflect the canon, so if they have a reason to change it back to halo 3 style, I don’t think it’s good to have the other style available.

They had no reason when the armour changed from 3 to 4, it just happened. all so suddenly the chiefs armour had changed and had gained thruster pack. Them changing the art style back is them trying to reconnect with the old halo fans as well as the new ones.

You didn’t start with a thruster pack in halo 4.

I think it’d just be strange to have the Halo 4/5 armor with the entire art style changing. Also, the amount of resources it would take to create the new model and add it into all of the cutscenes doesn’t seem worth the effort.

Halo Infinite’s Master Chief model simply needs to keep the Mark VI/VII armor but with the Halo 3 visuals, that’s all

Btw OG, nice picture. I wish i had that calling card in Halo 5 Guardians :frowning:

> 2533274935104549;9:
> You didn’t start with a thruster pack in halo 4.

in cut scenes in halo 4 the chief used thruster packs even though he had never previously had it. all though in gameplay the thruster pack was a attachment, in cut scenes it was built into his armour.

> 2533274958766554;4:
> I agree that the H4 armor is a more definitive look. It just feels more polished to me, without yet having reached that point of “too much” that a lot of the H5 armor seems to show. I’m not sure how i feel about allowing older armour sets in game, simply because the armour is part of the cannon being shown to us. I think defaulting the armour to whatever 343i wants, but also allowing us to choose would be fine. It’s really not a big deal, and it allows people more of their own style and preference.

I agree

Interesting idea. It could be immersion breaking if he gets his old suit in the campaign and it’s not just a “he has it now” thing but if you really wanted it I don’t see why not.

We don’t even know if he is donning his old armor. He could simply have swapped out his H4/5 Cortana modified armor for a Mark VI Gen 1 upgraded to Gen 2 specs like the ones in H5 MP. Or he could have a brand new Mark VII custom built for him by Halsey which is what I hope.

> 2533275031939856;14:
> Interesting idea. It could be immersion breaking if he gets his old suit in the campaign and it’s not just a “he has it now” thing but if you really wanted it I don’t see why not.

Well, 343 all of sudden changed the Chief armor in Halo 4. And while Frankie O’Connor “explained” how that happened, some people don’t believe it is a legitimate explanation. So if they decide to change the Chief armor again without explanation, then maybe it is “ok”.

> 2533274819030629;10:
> I think it’d just be strange to have the Halo 4/5 armor with the entire art style changing. Also, the amount of resources it would take to create the new model and add it into all of the cutscenes doesn’t seem worth the effort.

That is the only thing I think makes this option inviable. It is not impossible but it takes some effort and resources.

> 2533275010793662;16:
> > 2533275031939856;14:
> > Interesting idea. It could be immersion breaking if he gets his old suit in the campaign and it’s not just a “he has it now” thing but if you really wanted it I don’t see why not.
>
> Well, 343 all of sudden changed the Chief armor in Halo 4. And while Frankie O’Connor “explained” how that happened, some people don’t believe it is a legitimate explanation. So if they decide to change the Chief armor again without explanation, then maybe it is “ok”.

True, his explanation was shotty lol.