can i ask a serious question?

i see people complaining that halo reach and halo 4 are too much like call of duty, how? how are they in any way the same?

Its not that there the same its just with COD being the biggest FPS online right now everyone compares COD with every new game it seems. Players just dont get that deveolpers look at other games and see what elements gamers are enjoying. This goes back to Halo ODST and GoW 2 when Ciffy B stated that Bungie ripped them off when in fact the “Horde” mode was nothing new to start with.

i have very limited experience playing cod, but halo 4 has some similarities. but it has similarities to many other shooters too.

Reach was nothing like CoD and I don’t see anybody saying that.

Halo 4 is a lot like CoD because of:

-Killcams
-“Press X to instaspawn”
-Join in Progress
-Spartan Ops (ripoff of Spec Ops)
-Customizable loadouts
-Perks
-Sprint (not just as an armor ability but as a standard feature)

There’s even a “fishstick” button layout option that uses the CoD control scheme. Get it? Fishstick? Cod? Like the fish? Ok.

I can play Halo, BF3, COD, Fear, GoW, and Quake Wars and list all the things these games share

> I can play Halo, BF3, COD, Fear, GoW, and Quake Wars and list all the things these games share

Yet Halo never shared most of these features, and all of a sudden Halo 4 comes and has about 7 major staples of the CoD franchise. It’s a bit more than coincidence.

> > I can play Halo, BF3, COD, Fear, GoW, and Quake Wars and list all the things these games share
>
> Yet Halo never shared most of these features, and all of a sudden Halo 4 comes and has about 7 major staples of the CoD franchise. It’s a bit more than coincidence.

No but gamers have asked for them. You have to see it from 343 side of things. They wanna know what makes other games so big gotta look and see what they are doing then go from there. What i like is that what they have added they changed from these other games. Firefight was Horde but very differnt at the same time

> > I can play Halo, BF3, COD, Fear, GoW, and Quake Wars and list all the things these games share
>
> Yet Halo never shared most of these features, and all of a sudden Halo 4 comes and has about 7 major staples of the CoD franchise. It’s a bit more than coincidence.

You do know that when halo originally came out everyone called it a Doom clone. Didn’t matter what every game can be called a clone, but halo took off and those people were drowned out by people who saw games were evolving and taking aspects of other games and making it their own.

Hell Nolan Bushnell who is considered one of the many founding fathers of the gaming industry called Halo 3 simply Doom with nicer clothes.

> > > I can play Halo, BF3, COD, Fear, GoW, and Quake Wars and list all the things these games share
> >
> > Yet Halo never shared most of these features, and all of a sudden Halo 4 comes and has about 7 major staples of the CoD franchise. It’s a bit more than coincidence.
>
> No but gamers have asked for them. You have to see it from 343 side of things. They wanna know what makes other games so big gotta look and see what they are doing then go from there. What i like is that what they have added they changed from these other games. Firefight was Horde but very differnt at the same time

I NEVER saw anyone ask for instaspawns, killcams, or perks. In fact, most people were upset by the loadout system in Reach, and that was only for pre-made loadouts whose only differences were armor abilities!

> > > I can play Halo, BF3, COD, Fear, GoW, and Quake Wars and list all the things these games share
> >
> > Yet Halo never shared most of these features, and all of a sudden Halo 4 comes and has about 7 major staples of the CoD franchise. It’s a bit more than coincidence.
>
> You do know that when halo originally came out everyone called it a Doom clone. Didn’t matter what every game can be called a clone, but halo took off and those people were drowned out by people who saw games were evolving and taking aspects of other games and making it their own.
>
> Hell Nolan Bushnell who is considered one of the many founding fathers of the gaming industry called Halo 3 simply Doom with nicer clothes.

Never heard that but it makes me laugh.

> >
>
> You do know that when halo originally came out everyone called it a Doom clone. Didn’t matter what every game can be called a clone, but halo took off and those people were drowned out by people who saw games were evolving and taking aspects of other games and making it their own.
>
> Hell Nolan Bushnell who is considered one of the many founding fathers of the gaming industry called Halo 3 simply Doom with nicer clothes.

Marathon was the Doom clone, and Halo was based on Marathon so it’s a bit of a stretch to call Halo itself the clone.

> Its not that there the same its just with COD being the biggest FPS online right now everyone compares COD with every new game it seems. Players just dont get that deveolpers look at other games and see what elements gamers are enjoying. This goes back to Halo ODST and GoW 2 when Ciffy B stated that Bungie ripped them off when in fact the “Horde” mode was nothing new to start with.

<mark>Let’s get “Ciffy B’s” facts right.</mark>
<mark>Yeah, Bungie ripped “Horde” mode. But from it’s own game, Marathon, a whole 12 years before Microsofts dedicated-server love-child was born (GOW).</mark>

And by far Halo wasn’t a Doom clone. It’s not about what is involved in the game, But by far Halo’s story had depth and meaning. Every FPS has the recipe of going around, objectively pressing buttons and clearing out enemies. Any idiot with a code and PC can do it… Take 343 for instance. But Bungie brought a whole new level to detail and animation. It wasn’t just shooting people. The crunch of your foot when you walk on snow (it also leaves a footprint 343. Take notes). When a ship explodes, the whole screen shakes and you feel how big it was, the empty bullet shell that has “Chief” written on the back, how much the Plasma grenade flared after detonation.
All these small things added to what made them the leader of the devs. It’s a shame -Yoink!- drove them out with deadlines that ruined the game. BUT even with deadlines, they still managed to ship a finished game and not a “ship now, fix later” product just to beat a rival that’s not even worth competing with.

I could go on but I need to sleep. Gotta love and miss the details.

> This goes back to Halo ODST and GoW 2 when Ciffy B stated that Bungie ripped them off when in fact the “Horde” mode was nothing new to start with.

Technically, Bungie had been trying to implement Firefight into Halo 3, but didn’t have the time. This was a whole year before Gears 2.

> > > > I can play Halo, BF3, COD, Fear, GoW, and Quake Wars and list all the things these games share
> > >
> > > Yet Halo never shared most of these features, and all of a sudden Halo 4 comes and has about 7 major staples of the CoD franchise. It’s a bit more than coincidence.
> >
> > You do know that when halo originally came out everyone called it a Doom clone. Didn’t matter what every game can be called a clone, but halo took off and those people were drowned out by people who saw games were evolving and taking aspects of other games and making it their own.
> >
> > Hell Nolan Bushnell who is considered one of the many founding fathers of the gaming industry called Halo 3 simply Doom with nicer clothes.
>
> Marathon was the Doom clone, and Halo was based on Marathon so it’s a bit of a stretch to call Halo itself the clone.

I never said i agreed with them that is just what some reviewers and players were saying about halo on it’s introduction to the market and what a influential person had to say about halo years down the line. Also you kind just admitted to halo being based off a game that was a clone of another just saying.

Call of Duty & Halo 4
-Has kill cam
-has see though walls
-has load outs
-has join in progress
-has no spawn time
-has the same ranking system
-has drop pod/care package
-has sentury gun
-has different skins for guns

I mean the list goes on kid.

No matter really. ALl games since the start have been infulenced by others thats how it goes.

> -has see thought wall
> -has century gun
>
> I mean the list goes on kid.

You mean see through wall (Promethean vision) and sentry gun? Well, I don’t think seeing through walls was exactly a CoD staple, nor is a sentry gun. BTW, autosentry was in Halo 3, but just campaign.

> i see people complaining that halo reach and halo 4 are too much like call of duty, how? how are they in any way the same?

You really can’t see any resemblance?

-You get to pick your perks, er, I mean, “Tactical and Support Packages”.
-You get to pick your weapons.
-You get to pick your grenades.
-You unlock content as you rank up.
-You earn powerups or weapons for killing people.
-Sprint and Larger Maps with less vertical mobility.

> Call of Duty & Halo 4
> -Has kill cam
> -has see thought wall
> -has load outs
> -has join in progress
> -has no spawn time
> -has the same ranking system
> -has drop pod/care package
> -has century gun
> -has different skins for guns
>
>
> I mean the list goes on kid.

Yes just like COD looked at Halo 2 to get ideas. The two games have been doing this since COD started. It has to do mor with COD now being the most online played game. Im sure if it was the other way the COD fan base would be just as upset. I find the BF3 core players are more upset over how BF3 was more COD based when compared to the Halo fans

> No matter really. ALl games since the start have been infulenced by others thats how it goes.

That’s what made halo different from the others. They never had to copy the core of other games. And that’s why people still play Halo 3 to this day and wish they could play Halo 2.