Can hunters be infected by the flood?

Can hunters be infected by the flood? Because the hunters are a colony of worms formed into hunters.

The worms can be infected but the entity that is a hunter would cease to exist. The worm would more likely than not just be converted to bio mass.

No they cant.The mass of a single worm is too less to be infected,but they can be turned into biomass.

The actual hunter colony can’t as it has no central nervous system, like a spine or brain. The individual worms can, however. Hope this helps!

no, since they dont have a nerves system the flood cant infect them.

individual worms can be infected and turned into biomass but the hunter itself cannot continue to function as a part of the flood the next best thing is a pureform

That’s classified

Nope

No

Since the Hunters are a colony of worms, they lack a central nervous system, which is what the Flood needs to infect it. The Lekgolo worms can be infected, but only by Flood Spores since they’re smaller than an Infection Form. If a Lekgolo gets infected in a Mgalekgolo (Hunters), the other worms can just leave the casket and get another one nearby. The worms can be used for bio-mass tho.

Short answer, yes. And they’re a pain, best solved by the “shotgun-to-the-face” stratagem.

> 2533274906306948;11:
> Short answer, yes. And they’re a pain, best solved by the “shotgun-to-the-face” stratagem.

No, they can’t. Read my comment just above yours.

> 2533275010817669;12:
> > 2533274906306948;11:
> > Short answer, yes. And they’re a pain, best solved by the “shotgun-to-the-face” stratagem.
>
> No, they can’t. Read my comment just above yours.

Did some follow up, and I was mistaken. This image is what had me thinking in the wrong direction, I think. So is that an infected Brute?

> 2533274906306948;13:
> > 2533275010817669;12:
> > > 2533274906306948;11:
> > > Short answer, yes. And they’re a pain, best solved by the “shotgun-to-the-face” stratagem.
> >
> > No, they can’t. Read my comment just above yours.
>
> Did some follow up, and I was mistaken. This image is what had me thinking in the wrong direction, I think. So is that an infected Brute?
> https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/f/fd/Flood_Tank_Form.png/revision/latest?cb=20131030014939

Not a hunter, but a pure form. In other words, it’s made up of Flood biomass, not an infected being.

> 2533274906306948;13:
> > 2533275010817669;12:
> > > 2533274906306948;11:
> > > Short answer, yes. And they’re a pain, best solved by the “shotgun-to-the-face” stratagem.
> >
> > No, they can’t. Read my comment just above yours.
>
> Did some follow up, and I was mistaken. This image is what had me thinking in the wrong direction, I think. So is that an infected Brute?
> https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/f/fd/Flood_Tank_Form.png/revision/latest?cb=20131030014939

The Pure Form, as said by Bulbaby, is made completely out of Flood biomass. It doesn’t require anyone (to an extent). Hence their name “Pure Form”.
The same thing can be said about the, now cannon, Juggernaut. It’s completely made out of Flood biomass and each is controlled by 4 to 6 Infection Forms, unlike many other forms which use 1.

I saw a video on this and it made me think, and I believe that Lekgolo can’t be infected by the Flood. They are not complex enough, and most worms are smaller than the actual infection forms. And as for infecting an entire Mgalekgolo, the others can just go away. However, if Lekgolo worms do share a consciousness, the infected worm could get the others to follow it’s command. But like the Sharquoi, the Forerunners used them against the Flood. They used the Sharquoi because they were not immune, so I can imagine that the Lekgolo are immune.