Can halo infinite win goty reward?

At the end of each year there is a gaming show where they grant Game of the Year award or GOTY.So i watched couple of them in past few years and Xbox exclusive game has not won yet,while Sony’s God of War and Nintendo’s Zelda won.
So what do you guys think:Can Halo Infinite win the award?
I think if it comes out this year it will have huge competition in Last of Us 2,Ghost of Tsushima,Cyberpunk.But if it wins against those games the victory will be much sweeter!:sunglasses:

I mean, it could potentially be GOTY material, we all hope so anyways. But really we can’t judge until July, and even then we’ll need gameplay from all the other games to compare.

> 2533274951753761;1:
> At the end of each year there is a gaming show where they grant Game of the Year award or GOTY.So i watched couple of them in past few years and Xbox exclusive game has not won yet,while Sony’s God of War and Nintendo’s Zelda won.
> So what do you guys think:Can Halo Infinite win the award?
> I think if it comes out this year it will have huge competition in Last of Us 2,Ghost of Tsushima,Cyberpunk.But if it wins against those games the victory will be much sweeter!:sunglasses:

Tweets like THIS…

… Make me wish Infinite wins GOTY.

But unfortunately, I don’t expect it will win. I HOPE it does. But I don’t EXPECT it to.

343 may have more budget, talent, and time than ever before. Hiring Batman Arkham writer Paul Crocker as narrative director for Infinite is, IMO, the ABSOLUTE BEST move 343 has done since Halo 5 bar none. This will DRASTICALLY improve the story element for Infinite. And that Discover Hope trailer was a glimpse of that change.

BUT… 343 lacks experience compared to other companies of the games you mentioned. Especially compared to Naughty Dog (30+ years).

That’s not to say they won’t win. Unexpected things happen all the time. I just want to keep my expectations low after what happened to Halo 5’s story.

P.S.
I like to think Paul Crocker is 343’s dark horse that no one seems to talk about.

I’m gonna be “that guy” here… Halo, like any other game, can win GOTY. It’s a game. So whatever year it releases during will be a year that it is automatically a contender for GOTY.

It all depends on what we get when it comes out and what games it’s going up against. With quarantine holding up development for some games, while others are getting pushed or moved up for other reasons, it’s really impossible to say until the game releases and the reviews are in.

Seems to be bizarre to be wanting a GOTY reward for 2020 for a game that most likely won’t be around most of the year. Best to wait till 2021 before handing out GOTY awards plus gives people enough time to form an opinion instead of just jumping on what the current popular game is.

> 2533274829873463;5:
> Seems to be bizarre to be wanting a GOTY reward for 2020 for a game that most likely won’t be around most of the year. Best to wait till 2021 before handing out GOTY awards plus gives people enough time to form an opinion instead of just jumping on what the current popular game is.

Death Stranding was nominated and in competition for GOTY last year,and it came out in November.

I think if the Game Awards happens this year, GotY award goes to Animal Crossing New Horizons. I don’t think other games stand a chance.

I think it’s a little too early to be thinking about award possibilities considering we haven’t even seen gameplay yet lol The game could very well be trash we just have no idea yet.

Side note: I highly doubt TLoU2 is going to get GOTY after those leaks, very disappointing.

Going to be hard going up against Cyberpunk 2077 and Ghosts of Tsushima. It’s possible though. Infinite would have to blow everyone’s socks clean off though. Both the campaign and multiplayer would have to be equally amazing. It would have to be a 10/10, and by far and away 343’s best game IMO.

> 2533274848051892;7:
> I think if the Game Awards happens this year, GotY award goes to Animal Crossing New Horizons. I don’t think other games stand a chance.

:rofl::rofl:Don’t know if you’re joking or not but if it’s mostly voted by fans that could actually happen​:joy:

Considering we have basically no information besides a trailer to go on, I think I can pretty confidently say that none of us have any idea if it will be successful enough for that or not. Wait for some more information and then ask that question.

> 2533274837720524;11:
> Considering we have basically no information besides a trailer to go on, I think I can pretty confidently say that none of us have any idea if it will be successful enough for that or not. Wait for some more information and then ask that question.

For me those 2 trailers we got for Infinite were amazing!That’s why i have high hopes that the game will be great.

Maybe, as much as I love the Halo franchise, I have my doubts due to the fact Halo isn’t as worldly acclaimed as it use to be. While I have faith in Halo Infinite helping it recapture the older charms it had, I have my doubts it will garner the following in time for the Game of the Year Awards. But anything is possible since it’s suppose to be a launch title.

I doubt it would win that reward as it would need to be something more than a FPS with story

I think that Halo Infinite will win. The game has been in development for about 5 years now and I really want to see Xbox win. Also the fact that Halo is one of the oldest game franchises. So that might help them win. I don’t know though.

> 2533274951753761;10:
> > 2533274848051892;7:
> > I think if the Game Awards happens this year, GotY award goes to Animal Crossing New Horizons. I don’t think other games stand a chance.
>
> :rofl::rofl:Don’t know if you’re joking or not but if it’s mostly voted by fans that could actually happen​:joy:

Serious, I think given the current state of the world the nature of Animal Crossing will give it GotY. Also think the nominees in general will be less focused on open world single player experiences and more about multiplayer.

> 2533274848051892;16:
> > 2533274951753761;10:
> > > 2533274848051892;7:
> > > I think if the Game Awards happens this year, GotY award goes to Animal Crossing New Horizons. I don’t think other games stand a chance.
> >
> > :rofl::rofl:Don’t know if you’re joking or not but if it’s mostly voted by fans that could actually happen​:joy:
>
> Serious, I think given the current state of the world the nature of Animal Crossing will give it GotY. Also think the nominees in general will be less focused on open world single player experiences and more about multiplayer.

Judging by past events this could only be nominated as The Best Party game or some category like that imo.
I was disappointed that last year they nominated Gears 5 for Best Action game and not Game of the Year.And even worse was that Best Action game won Resident Evil2🤦‍♂️A freaking Remake!
Edit:Sorry my mistake,DMC 5 won best action,RE2 was nominated for GOTY.