Can Halo 5: Guardians be 1080p?

I’m tired of all my friends making fun of me and my love for Halo because they all own playstation and none have xbox. The console war is feirce as ever! Halo is the flagship of Xbox (and Xbox One). People keep making fun of xbox one saying that it’s not next gen because it can’t run 1080p 60 fps, while ps4 can. Halo is the flagship exclusive for xbox one. If Halo 5 can’t run 1080p60fps (this is an exclusive, so it should utilize more power from the xbox one than a multiplat game like CoD can, it is designed for the xbox one), then no game can.

Halo 5 is an exclusive! Forza could pull it off! All next gen exclusives should be 1080p60fps. Even the Wii U (with last gen console power) can do 1080p60fps with smash bros!

Halo 5 will determine the xbox one’s graphical capabilities in this segment of it’s lifespan. Halo 5 needs to prove to everyone that it can do 1080p60fps and that it is truly next gen. I also expect there to be NO LOW RES, at all. Low res should be a thing of the past.

This isn’t too much to ask, is it? Plus, 343i in 2013 promised that Halo 5:Guardians (Halo Xbox One at the time) would be 1080p60fps. They promised, but now they are unsure what the final resolution will be!
Please 343i, don’t embarrass us. Xbox One took a huge hit during the console war, and Halo along with it! I don’t care much for xbox’s popularity, but I care about Halo’s! Please keep your promise!
Don’t make a fanbase a promise… if you know you can’t keep it…

UPDATE:

I no longer care for 1080p, I just want 343i to drop the 60fps to 30 fps (wich won’t happen probably) so that Halo 5 can have graphics as good as Uncharted 4 :frowning:

You need to tell those PlayStation Poops that Xbox Gamers don’t care about graphics because we enjoy games for the fun, not the visuals. We are more like the retro gamers who enjoyed games even when they were just pixels. But PlayStation Poops are always acting like it’s the super future, and always trying to be as arrogant and superior as possible. Honestly, they don’t even have that many good games besides of the Last of Us anyways, you shouldn’t worry about them. We have Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Crackdown, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc. We have better exclusives, graphics don’t ruin the fun of a game. D:

meh. 60fps is more important.

also, back during that e3, they actually only said it would be running 60fps, no mention of resolution.

I’d rather have them focus on framerate and next-gen visuals with a 900p or 1328x1080 for res than a 1080p/60fps update to how it looks now. Since it currently looks like a upgraded halo 4 rather than a next gen title.

The only good 1080p 60fps game on PS4 (as of this second) is TLOU Remastered and Grim Fandango Remastered (I would know, I own the console), and neither of those are next gen games. The PS4 isn’t that powerful, and if your friends play for 1080p 60fps then tell them to I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. and get a PC or I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. and stop being elitists.

What are they talking about? CE, Halo 3, and Halo 4 run at 1080p 60fps on the Xbox One. H2A (campaign) isn’t 1080 for some reason, but the rest are.

They already said Halo 5 will run at 1080p, just that the beta did not because the up-res usually doesn’t happen until the final “mastering” stages (if you’ll allow me to borrow a term from audio production). I guess games are built at 720 then bumped up … I guess.

A few things;

1. Does 1080p really matter? I mean if your in it for the visuals than I’d like to direct you to Halo 4’s graphics or Reach’s, how amazing did they look? Exceptionally amazing and it should be about gameplay anyway, 1080p or 720p see if I care, it’s about the gameplay and for me Halo 5 could go back to 720p, 30fps, I’m gonna love it if not much changes about the gameplay.

2. It has been confirmed that Halo 5 will run at 1080p

3. I’m in the same boat, all my friend’s have PS4’s and I stuck with Xbox, because Halo is better than any game the PS4 could dish out, and I’m not leaving all my good friend’s I made on Xbox behind for a little bit more power.

> 2533274952179659;1:
> I’m tired of all my friends making fun of me and my love for Halo because they all own playstation and none have xbox.

So, 343 should target a different resolution so that you can brag to your friends? I’d take 60 FPS over 1080p, btw.

There is maybe a max of 5% of all players having a TV with the refresh and contrast capabilities to show off 1080p. 900p60fps but always smooth is much, much, much better than 1080p60fps variable.

900p with a good upscaler (such as the XB1’s) and an extra layer of AA or 2 WILL give a much better picture than 1080p with only just the standard 2 layers of AA (anti-aliasing).

Halo 5 most likely wont be 1080p at release.

Probably 900p or the FC4, CoDAW and H2A Campaign solution with 1yyy x 1080

But it wont be full 1080p. XboxOne is sadly weaker and people should already accept that.

> 2603643534597848;8:
> 900p with a good upscaler (such as the XB1’s) and an extra layer of AA or 2 WILL give a much better picture than 1080p with only just the standard 2 layers of AA (anti-aliasing).

Thats not true, full 1080p with 2x MSAA will look great. And the XboxOne Upscaler isnt that great. It produces Crush black colors

> 2533274978414969;6:
> A few things;
>
> 1. Does 1080p really matter? I mean if your in it for the visuals than I’d like to direct you to Halo 4’s graphics or Reach’s, how amazing did they look? Exceptionally amazing and it should be about gameplay anyway, 1080p or 720p see if I care, it’s about the gameplay and for me Halo 5 could go back to 720p, 30fps, I’m gonna love it if not much changes about the gameplay.
>
> 2. It has been confirmed that Halo 5 will run at 1080p
>
> 3. I’m in the same boat, all my friend’s have PS4’s and I stuck with Xbox, because Halo is better than any game the PS4 could dish out, and I’m not leaving all my good friend’s I made on Xbox behind for a little bit more power.

1. Yes it matters. We are in 2015 and not 2005. If good graphics and a high resolution wouldnt matter, there would be no need for new Consoles and we could still play on the OG Xbox.
    If you want gameplay, go buy a Nintendo console.

2. Not true, Was never confirmed. They only confirmed 60fps. And they are aiming for the highes possible Resolution. That could still mean not 1080p but higher than 720p from the beta

The resolution wars are cancer to any conversation about games. Most people don’t even know what they are talking about.

> 2535405881901481;10:
> > 2603643534597848;8:
> > 900p with a good upscaler (such as the XB1’s) and an extra layer of AA or 2 WILL give a much better picture than 1080p with only just the standard 2 layers of AA (anti-aliasing).
>
>
>
> Thats not true, full 1080p with 2x MSAA will look great. And the XboxOne Upscaler isnt that great. It produces Crush black colors

You seem to be in great error in thinking. You’re telling me that the standard layers of AA will look great even though I stated hat 900p with more layers of AA would look better.

Crushed blacks, though I too would prefer less of, is MUCH less noticeable from 900p AND as I stated, only about 5% of players actually have a display with the refresh and contrast ratio to show off 1080p.

The best solution is the smoothest solution, not the highest res. The next-gen of consoles isn’t exclusively about graphics… Or the Wii would not stand 2nd to the DVD-player PS2 for top selling consoles in history… The PS2 was inferior to the original XB for graphics to note as well.

I don’t care what final resolution it is in, as long as 60 fps is there it doesn’t matter to me. People who say graphics matter over gameplay and story is out of their mind.

It should go like this.

1. Gameplay
  2. Story
  3. Graphics

Careless to be 1080p I do wish MS build a better machine, hopefully dx12 would have an effect on H5…

And I think after all these MCC bugs that 343i would not take anymore risk and release another beta during the summer…

They owe us after delivering a halo game that wasn’t done…

343i can’t release H5 with broken connection
So having a secondary beta world help the game to have a smoother release date.

Every game should be 1080p 60fps this gen. The fact that this is even a question just shows what a crappy half measure these new consoles really are.

I couldn’t care less if it’s 1080p. I care if it’s 60 FPS.

> 2535405881901481;9:
> Halo 5 most likely wont be 1080p at release.
>
> Probably 900p or the FC4, CoDAW and H2A Campaign solution with 1yyy x 1080
>
> But it wont be full 1080p. XboxOne is sadly weaker and people should already accept that.

Quite -Yoinking!- true

Halo 5 needs to get 1080P at 60 FPS

• Also 3D wouldn’t hurt if you have a 3D Compatible Televisions!
  • Halo 5 Should also be Kinect Friendly too as in Scanning Things for Information like we seen in Halo CE Anniversary.

> 2533274952179659;1:
> I’m tired of all my friends making fun of me and my love for Halo because they all own playstation and none have xbox. The console war is feirce as ever! Halo is the flagship of Xbox (and Xbox One). People keep making fun of xbox one saying that it’s not next gen because it can’t run 1080p 60 fps, while ps4 can. Halo is the flagship exclusive for xbox one. If Halo 5 can’t run 1080p60fps (this is an exclusive, so it should utilize more power from the xbox one than a multiplat game like CoD can, it is designed for the xbox one), then no game can.
> Halo 5 will determine the xbox one’s graphical capabilities in this segment of it’s lifespan. Halo 5 needs to prove to everyone that it can do 1080p60fps and that it is truly next gen. I also expect there to be NO LOW RES, at all. Low res should be a thing of the past.
>
> This isn’t too much to ask, is it? Plus, 343i in 2013 promised that Halo 5:Guardians (Halo Xbox One at the time) would be 1080p60fps. They promised, but now they are unsure what the final resolution will be!
> Please 343i, don’t embarrass us. Xbox One took a huge hit during the console war, and Halo along with it! I don’t care much for xbox’s popularity, but I care about Halo’s! Please keep your promise!
> Don’t make a fanbase a promise… if you know you can’t keep it…

Dear God…why do people act as if resolution is the “end all, be all” of graphics?

You realize that ANY game could be made to run at 1080p/60fps on the Xbox One if it was the primary concern of the developer, right?

Resolution is just one of literally dozens are variables that are tweaked to give a game the best visuals possible. If the developer so chose, they could set the frame rate and resolution to 60 and 1080 respectively, and simply tone down all the other variables to compensate. The reality is that this doesn’t always create the best result.

Personally, I’d much rather them have 900p/60fps if it allows them to push other variables further, such as number of enemy AI, level size, etc.