Can Halo 5: Forge for the PC revive the franchise?

Before I get the “too little, too late” comments, hear me out.

Halo 5: Forge will include an updated version of Forge, Custom Games, and a soon-to-come Custom Games browser; in other words, it’ll become like its own online multiplayer, except not limited to the few game-types the console version has. Consider this wary optimism (hope for the best, prepare for the worst), but if Halo 5: Forge turns out to be a big hit with the PC crowd, do you think it can become, like, the next Counter Strike?—in terms of popularity, I mean, not competitiveness. It’d essentially be an endless supply of the most creative and fun maps and modes the FPS genre has seen in a long time, along with a browser to play with other people.

If 343 can play their cards right, do you suppose this will bring the franchise to absolute greatness once again? And listen, I know I’ll get comments from bitter skeptics claiming that this will fail and 343 can’t do anything right, but just suppose that it all plays out smoothly, how big of an impact will it have?

It has a chance, but I doubt it. PC players are a lot more critical of games, and it seems the auto aim is in and the aiming is still weird. Nevermind that the PC power needed is too much, the game is not well optimized.

Either way, Garry’s Mod is an even better version.

“Engine can’t go below 60fps”
So tell us 343i, why can the lowest settings run 30fps/720?

I think if nickatnyte was to make halo 5 content on YouTube it could be a boost to the game and he has mentioned the game in a few of his videos but only as a game he’s interested in playing.

> 2533274970658419;2:
> it seems the auto aim is in

I actually need to see proof of this.

> the aiming is still weird.

It’s not that weird, and even if it is, that’s due to the Xbox controller with their analog sticks. Traditional M&K aiming means there isn’t much of a problem.

> Nevermind that the PC power needed is too much

Is that why Star Citizen is being hyped up beyond belief?

> the game is not well optimized.

Optimization is how well a game runs. Halo 5 runs pretty well with its consistent frame-rate, so it is well-optimized. Although a PC port can change that, but I’m relatively confident it will go well since it only has Forge and Custom Games.

You may point to the game’s glitches, but about 90% of them are in Warzone and the REQ system, both of which the PC version will lack.

Sorry if I’m coming off as hostile by nit-picking you comment like this. There was just a lot to say.

Well, Halo 5 : Forge on PC gets rid of some of the terrible parts of the game (underwhelming campaign, microtransactions), and leaves us with the best parts (Forge, Custom Games, Forge, more Forge and custom games browser), AND it’s on PC.

Anything is possible.

Ehh I personally don’t think so but that’s just me. What good will it’s custom games/forge side be if it’s campaign and actual matchmaking can’t keep up? My only worry with this custom gamer server browser is the lack of ranks, stat tracking, it having gametypes that the actual matchmaking lacks (oddball for example). In a sense I’m hoping that if it can take stat tracking and ranks into account I’d be golden, but I doubt it’ll happen. There’s so many things I’d play in customs only cuz matchmaking lacks it, but then customs lacks what matchmaking has if you see what I mean.

> 2533274895603860;1:
> Before I get the “too little, too late” comments, hear me out.
>
> Halo 5: Forge will include an updated version of Forge, Custom Games, and a soon-to-come Custom Games browser; in other words, it’ll become like its own online multiplayer, except not limited to the few game-types the console version has. Consider this wary optimism (hope for the best, prepare for the worst), but if Halo 5: Forge turns out to be a big hit with the PC crowd, do you think it can become, like, the next Counter Strike?—in terms of popularity, I mean, not competitiveness. It’d essentially be an endless supply of the most creative and fun maps and modes the FPS genre has seen in a long time, along with a browser to play with other people.
>
> If 343 can play their cards right, do you suppose this will bring the franchise to absolute greatness once again? And listen, I know I’ll get comments from bitter skeptics claiming that this will fail and 343 can’t do anything right, but just suppose that it all plays out smoothly, how big of an impact will it have?

At first i thought that it was ridiculous. But then I read your post and now it does not seem ridiculous at all. I do think 343 could do it right and gain some people back.
The Dnend Legion

Revive the franchise for PC maybe. It is fine on Xbox despite what the naysayers say.

I’m optimistic about Halo 5: Forge re-energizing play of Halo in my small gang. None of my friends opted to buy an Xbox One. This assumes that all the controls and features work as well as they do on the console version, which is far from guaranteed in a PC port. But I think, given the price tag, it’ll be fine for us to see this software release and improve over time. If it releases in a rough state, perhaps it’ll be in a great one by the time the Custom Game Browser hits.

Totally agree that Halo 5: Forge could, hypothetically, be a big deal for the franchise. I don’t think it will be, unless Microsoft suddenly starts marketing it. They’ve been real quiet about the whole thing, which (combined with the price) suggests to me that this is meant to be a test more than a product. Perhaps specifically a test of unmarketed interest, and of the ability for them to create and present such an experience on their PC marketplace.

It might but let see how it goes.

Most people I know play console games because they can’t afford/don’t have the time to constantly keep upgrading a PC. With that in mind, it all depends on what fraction of the community has the luxury of a PC capable of running forge on PC.

Might help a little, but who knows.

How will Halo 5 forge fix the bad campaign, lack of content, the game being not a true Halo, broken theatre and etc?

its not about game revive halo, 343 failed us so many times, the attitude its horrible, they want keep make new games quickly with bad quality, halo5 forge pc its another test for halo6 come to pc, they did’t care about community at all, honestly, map build by forge its terrible graphic, they just too lazy to make games better ,
so let free player to do it.

> 2535457584861943;14:
> its not about game revive halo, 343 failed us so many times, the attitude its horrible, they want keep make new games quickly with bad quality, halo5 forge pc its another test for halo6 come to pc, they did’t care about community at all, honestly, map build by forge its terrible graphic, they just too lazy to make games better ,
> so let free player to do it.

• Yes, because a 3+ year development cycle is so quick… and bad quality, that’s just a matter of opinion.
  • They don’t care? Sure, communication is lacking, but they do care. Look at all the fixes and additions they’ve put into the game that they didn’t need to do. They could have pulled an Activision and made the game have paid DLC along with these updates, or god forbid make us pay for them.
  • Too lazy to make the games better… take a look at Halo 4’s multiplayer then take a look at Halo 5’s. They know how to make games “better”.
    Ps, I looked at your account and you haven’t even played Halo 5 from what it’s telling me. Hell, that is probably just a second account which is against site rules and will get you banned.

> 2533274837720524;15:
> > 2535457584861943;14:
> > its not about game revive halo, 343 failed us so many times, the attitude its horrible, they want keep make new games quickly with bad quality, halo5 forge pc its another test for halo6 come to pc, they did’t care about community at all, honestly, map build by forge its terrible graphic, they just too lazy to make games better ,
> > so let free player to do it.
>
>
>
> - Yes, because a 3+ year development cycle is so quick… and bad quality, that’s just a matter of opinion.
> - They don’t care? Sure, communication is lacking, but they do care. Look at all the fixes and additions they’ve put into the game that they didn’t need to do. They could have pulled an Activision and made the game have paid DLC along with these updates, or god forbid make us pay for them.
> - Too lazy to make the games better… take a look at Halo 4’s multiplayer then take a look at Halo 5’s. They know how to make games “better”.
> Ps, I looked at your account and you haven’t even played Halo 5 from what it’s telling me. Hell, that is probably just a second account which is against site rules and will get you banned.

you could look twitch Attendance number, metacritic score, halo5 its semi-finished product at launch, campaign its bad, multiplayer lost content, no forge! data don’t lie, when halo5 can’t sell out, they make it free on pc, what a joke, forge map? its poor graphic, 343 wokers are lazy, they did want to make new map, so let player do it, and says" we are care about community", 343 just care about money

> 2535457584861943;16:
> > 2533274837720524;15:
> > > 2535457584861943;14:
> > > its not about game revive halo, 343 failed us so many times, the attitude its horrible, they want keep make new games quickly with bad quality, halo5 forge pc its another test for halo6 come to pc, they did’t care about community at all, honestly, map build by forge its terrible graphic, they just too lazy to make games better ,
> > > so let free player to do it.
> >
> >
> >
> > - Yes, because a 3+ year development cycle is so quick… and bad quality, that’s just a matter of opinion.
> > - They don’t care? Sure, communication is lacking, but they do care. Look at all the fixes and additions they’ve put into the game that they didn’t need to do. They could have pulled an Activision and made the game have paid DLC along with these updates, or god forbid make us pay for them.
> > - Too lazy to make the games better… take a look at Halo 4’s multiplayer then take a look at Halo 5’s. They know how to make games “better”.
> > Ps, I looked at your account and you haven’t even played Halo 5 from what it’s telling me. Hell, that is probably just a second account which is against site rules and will get you banned.
>
>
> you could look twitch Attendance number, metacritic score, halo5 its semi-finished product at launch, campaign its bad, multiplayer lost content, no forge! data don’t lie, when halo5 can’t sell out, they make it free on pc, what a joke, forge map? its poor graphic, 343 wokers are lazy, they did want to make new map, so let player do it, and says" we are care about community", 343 just care about money

Sure, whatever you say, bud. I’ll let you keep believing that.

Off topic, what’s your native language?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274837720524;17:
> > 2535457584861943;16:
> > > 2533274837720524;15:
> > > > 2535457584861943;14:
> > > > its not about game revive halo, 343 failed us so many times, the attitude its horrible, they want keep make new games quickly with bad quality, halo5 forge pc its another test for halo6 come to pc, they did’t care about community at all, honestly, map build by forge its terrible graphic, they just too lazy to make games better ,
> > > > so let free player to do it.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > - Yes, because a 3+ year development cycle is so quick… and bad quality, that’s just a matter of opinion.
> > >
> > >
> > > - They don’t care? Sure, communication is lacking, but they do care. Look at all the fixes and additions they’ve put into the game that they didn’t need to do. They could have pulled an Activision and made the game have paid DLC along with these updates, or god forbid make us pay for them.
> > >
> > >
> > > - Too lazy to make the games better… take a look at Halo 4’s multiplayer then take a look at Halo 5’s. They know how to make games “better”.
> > > Ps, I looked at your account and you haven’t even played Halo 5 from what it’s telling me. Hell, that is probably just a second account which is against site rules and will get you banned.
> >
> >
> > you could look twitch Attendance number, metacritic score, halo5 its semi-finished product at launch, campaign its bad, multiplayer lost content, no forge! data don’t lie, when halo5 can’t sell out, they make it free on pc, what a joke, forge map? its poor graphic, 343 wokers are lazy, they did want to make new map, so let player do it, and says" we are care about community", 343 just care about money
>
>
> Sure, whatever you say, bud. I’ll let you keep believing that.
> Off topic, what’s your native language?

game of the year? best multiplayer awards? halo5 have any prize? metacritic score?

> 2535457584861943;18:
> > 2533274837720524;17:
> > > 2535457584861943;16:
> > > > 2533274837720524;15:
> > > > > 2535457584861943;14:
> > > > > its not about game revive halo, 343 failed us so many times, the attitude its horrible, they want keep make new games quickly with bad quality, halo5 forge pc its another test for halo6 come to pc, they did’t care about community at all, honestly, map build by forge its terrible graphic, they just too lazy to make games better ,
> > > > > so let free player to do it.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > - Yes, because a 3+ year development cycle is so quick… and bad quality, that’s just a matter of opinion.
> > > > - They don’t care? Sure, communication is lacking, but they do care. Look at all the fixes and additions they’ve put into the game that they didn’t need to do. They could have pulled an Activision and made the game have paid DLC along with these updates, or god forbid make us pay for them.
> > > > - Too lazy to make the games better… take a look at Halo 4’s multiplayer then take a look at Halo 5’s. They know how to make games “better”.
> > > > Ps, I looked at your account and you haven’t even played Halo 5 from what it’s telling me. Hell, that is probably just a second account which is against site rules and will get you banned.
> > >
> > >
> > > you could look twitch Attendance number, metacritic score, halo5 its semi-finished product at launch, campaign its bad, multiplayer lost content, no forge! data don’t lie, when halo5 can’t sell out, they make it free on pc, what a joke, forge map? its poor graphic, 343 wokers are lazy, they did want to make new map, so let player do it, and says" we are care about community", 343 just care about money
> >
> >
> > Sure, whatever you say, bud. I’ll let you keep believing that.
> >
> > Off topic, what’s your native language?
>
>
> game of the year? best multiplayer awards? halo5 have any prize? metacritic score?

I’m not saying Halo 5 is the best, I’m not even saying 343 is. I criticize them all the time, but I give them credit where it is due.

The gameplay is solid, some of the best in the past 10 years. I’m not alone on that. The story was trash, yes. I’ll be the first one to say it had no memorable moments that’ll last 15+ years. Did they screw up with the launch content? Honestly, is that even a question? Are the servers the worst in any AAA title in recent years? Yes… that’s all I can really say; just yes.

All I’m saying is that this game is not as bad as you make it out to be in terms of gameplay, and 343 is not the devil as you are trying to say. Now I’m sure you’re going to argue this even more with your awards and whatnot, but honestly I just don’t care.

> 2535457584861943;18:
> > 2533274837720524;17:
> > > 2535457584861943;16:
> > > > 2533274837720524;15:
> > > > > 2535457584861943;14:
> > > > > its not about game revive halo, 343 failed us so many times, the attitude its horrible, they want keep make new games quickly with bad quality, halo5 forge pc its another test for halo6 come to pc, they did’t care about community at all, honestly, map build by forge its terrible graphic, they just too lazy to make games better ,
> > > > > so let free player to do it.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > - Yes, because a 3+ year development cycle is so quick… and bad quality, that’s just a matter of opinion.
> > > > - They don’t care? Sure, communication is lacking, but they do care. Look at all the fixes and additions they’ve put into the game that they didn’t need to do. They could have pulled an Activision and made the game have paid DLC along with these updates, or god forbid make us pay for them.
> > > > - Too lazy to make the games better… take a look at Halo 4’s multiplayer then take a look at Halo 5’s. They know how to make games “better”.
> > > > Ps, I looked at your account and you haven’t even played Halo 5 from what it’s telling me. Hell, that is probably just a second account which is against site rules and will get you banned.
> > >
> > >
> > > you could look twitch Attendance number, metacritic score, halo5 its semi-finished product at launch, campaign its bad, multiplayer lost content, no forge! data don’t lie, when halo5 can’t sell out, they make it free on pc, what a joke, forge map? its poor graphic, 343 wokers are lazy, they did want to make new map, so let player do it, and says" we are care about community", 343 just care about money
> >
> >
> > Sure, whatever you say, bud. I’ll let you keep believing that.
> >
> > Off topic, what’s your native language?
>
>
> game of the year? best multiplayer awards? halo5 have any prize? metacritic score?

If you give a damn about metacritic, than you have lost it already to begin with! Metacritic is where the most Fanboys and even more Haters gather. Its not an viable Source to tell if an Game is good or bad. I mean, you can dislike Halo as much as you want, you can be dissapointed etc etc, but you can’t tell me that even Halo 5 deserves an 0 out of 10. Thats insane and in noway true, and people who give that score are either Bungie Fanboys/343 Hater, or PS4 Fanboys or have no sense of realistic judgment(or never played an bad game to begin with… play Ride to Hell, than you know what an Bad Game is). And the line with PS4 Fanboys ist true. Look at Quantum Break, people who gave 0 also gave other Xbox-Exklusive 0 and every PS4 Game a 10… other way around as well - People who gave Uncharted 4 an 0 gave QB an 10. And you want me to tell such an score? No, never.