can anyone tell me when halo 4 development started?

i saw in a game informer article that predevelopment for halo 4 started in 2010 but im not sure i believe that, can anyone tell me?

Around 2009, but don’t quote me for it.

Early 2009. So going on 4 years by the end of the year.

they said they started it right after halo 3…

I believe Frankie said in an interview that by the time Halo 4 is released, it would have been in development 4 years. It was something along those lines anyways.

I forget when and where i saw this but it was a reliable source i do know that. “<mark>NOT</mark> HALO4FOLLOWER I KNOW HE DID A REPORT ON THIS BUT I DONT TRUST HIM”. I think since 2008 (I think) they’ve been working on it. They have 200+ studio size with about 200 343i members working on Halo 4 you can check here on the website.

they say 2009…i say E3

No they wouldn’t screw themselves over. Time Will Tell.

I think that while Bungie was getting to the end stages of developing Reach, 343 started development of Halo 4, maybe even a good while before that, so they’ve had time.

So is it possible that Bungie could have been involved with Halo 4 just a little bit?

> So is it possible that Bungie could have been involved with Halo 4 just a little bit?

Nope. They said they weren’t going to start something they couldn’t finish.

> So is it possible that Bungie could have been involved with Halo 4 just a little bit?

To work on it a little bit means there would have had to be contracts involved, and atm, there are no left over contracts between Bungie and Microsoft, except maybe a few royalty fees.