Can anyone come up with a legitimate reason?

Can anyone come up with a legitimate reason to not have Team-only radars in current non-radar playlists? I only see positives like better team orientation and communication.

It was initially implemented because we didn’t have the death marker, and it was too difficult to know where your teammates were and where they died unless they had their call outs sufficient. However, with the red X reintroduced, I see no reason why we need the ally only anymore.

Laziness or lack of foresight on parts of the developers? Seriously, I can’t think of any other reason.

They’re unnecessary. Your teammates already have a huge blue arrow above their head.

> Can anyone come up with a legitimate reason to not have Team-only radars in current non-radar playlists? I only see positives like better team orientation and communication.

Not entirely necessary?

Also, since I am so used to looking at the radar in radar-featured playlists, I always forget that it only shows my teammates in those playlists. For example, the very beginning of Throwdown I kept making the mistake of thinking that it could detect enemies.

> > Can anyone come up with a legitimate reason to not have Team-only radars in current non-radar playlists? I only see positives like better team orientation and communication.
>
> Not entirely necessary?
>
> Also, since I am so used to looking at the radar in radar-featured playlists, I always forget that it only shows my teammates in those playlists. For example, the very beginning of Throwdown I kept making the mistake of thinking that it could detect enemies.

While I agree they aren’t entirely necessary (this is a minor consideration in the first place), it just makes more sense to have them in–to improve the quality of play, especially with people who don’t have or use mics. Knowing exactly where your teammate(s) is at a given moment can swing potentially a few deaths in a game. Yes, there are huge markers over your teammates heads, but it is really orienting to have team-radar in. Also, though logic isn’t a necessity by any means in video games, it makes sense that Master Chief would have knowledge of his allies on a radar.

I think the best argument (like you said) is that you could potentially mistake games with and without enemies–like slayer pro and infinity slayer, both being under the same playlist now.

It’s confusing as hell… You have your radar though, so you’re subconsciously looking at it to see enemies, right? Then, all of a sudden, you get assassinated by some guy who was behind you the whole time, or you walk into a room with 2-3 enemies in it.

At least, without there being a radar in the gametype, you’re constantly looking around for both your teammates and enemies. Given the choice though, I’d rather have a full radar than no radar at all/partial radar.

Meh.

The only reason is that it confuses new players.

I assume you primarily are talking about slayer pro? If so then I am against this because I will not be able to enjoy pro until a full radar is implemented. I really like the rest, just not the lack of radar. If you are talking about other gametypes like team snipers then there is no reason for this and I would support it

> Meh.
>
> The only reason is that it confuses new players.

Then they should learn and what better way is there to learn then through experience ?

> I assume you primarily are talking about slayer pro? If so then I am against this because I will not be able to enjoy pro until a full radar is implemented. I really like the rest, just not the lack of radar. If you are talking about other gametypes like team snipers then there is no reason for this and I would support it

Adding a radar defeats the entire concept of ‘Pro’.

Can anyone come up with a legitimate reason that playable sangheili were removed from multiplayer?

> “But, multiplayer is canon!”

A better reason then that. An explanation could have easily been given if they wanted to.

> > I assume you primarily are talking about slayer pro? If so then I am against this because I will not be able to enjoy pro until a full radar is implemented. I really like the rest, just not the lack of radar. If you are talking about other gametypes like team snipers then there is no reason for this and I would support it
>
> Adding a radar defeats the entire concept of ‘Pro’.

Then rename the gametype. It was only added for those who are sick of the issues with Infinity, and it was the closest thing to what they wanted. But it has no radar, so it doesn’t really satisfy many people.

At the very least, put it in Big Team, but why not in Infinity Slayer too, considering we have another 4v4 playlist without radar.

I wouldn’t mind if radars were added or not. But no matter what you think, they do detract from awareness aspect, as you have no need to look around the map and proceed with caution around corners. Why be cautious when you have a radar that gives away the position of your (standing) enemies?
We should have a classic slayer gametype with the radar and everything Slayer Pro has, in addition to the already existing latter.

> > I assume you primarily are talking about slayer pro? If so then I am against this because I will not be able to enjoy pro until a full radar is implemented. I really like the rest, just not the lack of radar. If you are talking about other gametypes like team snipers then there is no reason for this and I would support it
>
> Adding a radar defeats the entire concept of ‘Pro’.

Then leave “Pro” to the Throwdown playlist, and change “Pro” to “Classic” in the Infinity Slayer and BTB playlists.

Although I am an “Experienced” player, I am not a “Good” player. Having radar without enemies creates a false sense of security.

If it gets implemented again, I am going to put a frigging piece of tape on the screen. - I use the Blue tags (which also tell you if they are shooting, and if they are taking damage…) in SWAT, and Pro. Full or off, please.

The only additional information your motion tracker would give is the position of your allies outside of your field of view. If they added the little arrows at the edge of your screen pointing to them again (like it was in previous Halos), the allies-only motion tracker would be completely redundant. I would much rather have the little arrow indicators than a motion tracker that only works for 25 metres.

I think that with the red X fix, team Throwdown’s motion tracker can now be removed, to solve the two small problems it currently brings. The first is how it is confusing to newer players in the playlist. They will falsely think that their back is safe, because they will think at first that their radar shows enemies as well. I personally have learned to ignore it in throwdown, in order to avoid the confusion. That’s why i don’t even make use of it, because i subconsciously ignore it. A second small problem is the unnecessary obstruction of field of view.

Removing motion tracker would bring the experience closer to the standard “Pro” settings, which makes the transition from Pro to Throwdown a bit easier. Admit it, anyone who likes balance wants to play Throwdown, but most don’t because they get wrecked in there. Removing the motion tracker would make that transition slightly easier.

EDIT: post above proves i’m not alone to think so.

If its a regular ol’ Classic playlist then i can’t make a reasonable argument for there to not be a radar.

However, in a competitive/challenging playlist, players should be pushed to their limits in terms of perception and judgement during the game.That’s one of the reason’s most competitive players have a Turtlebeach or equivalent Headset that can pick up the slightest sounds in-game.Sounds like reloading,switching weapons,footsteps, and gun’s firing can tell you allot on what is going on around you.

Even in a game sound can be just as important as sight.So in a Pro playlist radar should absolutely stay out or it defeats it’s purpose of being harder than regular gameplay.