Can a Moderator\343 Staff please give us an update

Can we get an acknowledgement at the very least about Time Warner Cable users having issues with the game? We need to know if there’s at least knowledge of the issue up there. We’re all concerned we spent 60 dollars on a game we cannot play.

Hello Carbiniz3r,
Can you please provide an overview of the issues you’re experiencing?

Thank you!

> Hello Carbiniz3r,
> Can you please provide an overview of the issues you’re experiencing?
>
> Thank you!

It’s the same reoccurring issues alot of time warner subscribers have been reporting with no response in sight. Spontaneously lag spikes with your game in matchmaking that are reoccurring every game I attempt to play. I’m running a 35.42 download with a 6.42 mbps up and a 12 ping on my recent speed test. My NAT is Open. If you check my match history you would see that I get kicked with disconnects regularly from your servers. I attempted to see if I was having issues on other games too but it turns out that is not the case. Even the master chief collection works fine for me along with other games. I called time Warner and reported the issue but only so much support can be offered to me on a consumer level and they ultimately told me that you would have to contact them and acknowledge this is an actual issue in order to resolve it.