Camping in Halo

Why would any one complain about camping?

If you know some one is camping then…

1. You know where they are
  2. You know what they have
  3. They don’t know when you are coming to get them

Don’t complain about campers. Pick the correct tools and tactics to destroy their camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Srsuu1VvA

INSTANT +1!

Never fall for the same camp twice. Ended with sweet sweet revenge and a killing spree. Happy day.

Always satisfying to snuff a camper no matter the game.I took out a active camo using crouching rocket launcher camper yesterday/good times!.

I hate the sniper rifle because it’s a weapon practically designed for campers that can insta kill at any range. I feel god awful OP when I pick that thing up. I got a wire for my internet so the headshots just doubled. I see people shoot like 4 bullets per kill… You may think I’m slow, but I’ll make sure every bullet counts. 7 bullets, 7 kills last match. I had more ammo but the match timed out… Oh look it’s THAT number.

> I hate the sniper rifle because it’s a weapon practically designed for campers that can insta kill at any range. I feel god awful OP when I pick that thing up. I got a wire for my internet so the headshots just doubled. I see people shoot like 4 bullets per kill… You may think I’m slow, but I’ll make sure every bullet counts. 7 bullets, 7 kills last match. I had more ammo but the match timed out… Oh look it’s THAT number.

All the more reason to take it away from them. In the book Art of War there is something about “an enemy supply wagon is worth 10 of yours” in halo, this easily applies well to weapons that spawn on your enemies controlled areas.

I am more of a support player. Make it my job to neutralize enemy vehicles and power weapons. So on hemorrhage my job is to obtain plasma launcher and hunt their wraith, and as many other vehicles. If I take enough of their vehicles out my team moves up with our own vehicles. That usually forces enemy sniper to shoot at vehicles rather than heads.

Now that our team has more vehicles our sniper is free to snipe heads without worrying about vehicles rushing him, spawns are more or less under control. At the very least if the enemy spawns they are spawning under pressure and find it difficult to coordinate a counter attack and start DMRing one individual vehicle at a time. We slowly may start to lose vehicles and the enemy might have a chance to turn the tide but… If we did a good enough show of extreme aggression, less motivated players begin to quit before vehicles ever have time to respawn. Basically just allowing us to dominate spawns.

As Sun Tzu would say… The battle was decided before it ever begun

Just remembered that if this wasnt TU, armor lock could have ejected those stickies making my hard work utterly meaningless because the tapped armorlock… Thankfully BTB uses TU

> Why would any one complain about camping?
>
> If you know some one is camping then…
>
> 1) You know where they are
> 2) You know what they have
> 3) They don’t know when you are coming to get them
>
> Don’t complain about campers. Pick the correct tools and tactics to destroy their camp.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Srsuu1VvA

> > I hate the sniper rifle because it’s a weapon practically designed for campers that can insta kill at any range. I feel god awful OP when I pick that thing up. I got a wire for my internet so the headshots just doubled. I see people shoot like 4 bullets per kill… You may think I’m slow, but I’ll make sure every bullet counts. 7 bullets, 7 kills last match. I had more ammo but the match timed out… Oh look it’s THAT number.
>
> All the more reason to take it away from them. In the book Art of War there is something about “an enemy supply wagon is worth 10 of yours” in halo, this easily applies well to weapons that spawn on your enemies controlled areas.
>
> I am more of a support player. Make it my job to neutralize enemy vehicles and power weapons. So on hemorrhage my job is to obtain plasma launcher and hunt their wraith, and as many other vehicles. If I take enough of their vehicles out my team moves up with our own vehicles. That usually forces enemy sniper to shoot at vehicles rather than heads.
>
> Now that our team has more vehicles our sniper is free to snipe heads without worrying about vehicles rushing him, spawns are more or less under control. At the very least if the enemy spawns they are spawning under pressure and find it difficult to coordinate a counter attack and start DMRing one individual vehicle at a time. We slowly may start to lose vehicles and the enemy might have a chance to turn the tide but… If we did a good enough show of extreme aggression, less motivated players begin to quit before vehicles ever have time to respawn. Basically just allowing us to dominate spawns.
>
> As Sun Tzu would say… The battle was decided before it ever begun

> Just remembered that if this wasnt TU, armor lock could have ejected those stickies making my hard work utterly meaningless because the tapped armorlock… Thankfully BTB uses TU

Listen to the expert is expert advice…

Doesn’t matter what vehicle you have, what weapon you use, or where you are camping… if you can take them down, you can take 'em down! Personally, I don’t rush for power weapons (but I dash the Wraith on Hemmorhage if I see no one else grabbing it, equipped with Camo) because of the BETRAYERS on the team that think it’s only theirs, and a few concussion shots can easily put an end to small to mid-sized vehicle sprees(but will piss off the wraith). and btw, I go for weapons everyone keeps leaving behind(Needle Rifle, Plasma Pistol, Repeater, PISTOL, etc.) because the weapons they don’t grab… are mainly the ones I own them with lol.

Exactly. It’s because I often get matched with teammates like you that are more or less specialized.

My teammates often

1. rush for sniper
  2. rush wraith
  3. rush revy/hogs and ghost

I had to decide, do I build my style around competing with my teammates for these tools? Or do I play to enhance their performance?

I grab a goose and go straight for that Plasma Launcher… Taking out enemy vehicles allows my team to do their thing, then I could do my thing and hunt down that enemy sniper. If that first rush for plasma Launcher is successful, enemies often quit when they lose vehicles so early in the match. The first rush for that anti-vehicle weapon gives your team the biggest advantage of the match. (All other weapons, there is one on each side… There is only one Plasma Launcher, don’t allow your enemy to have it.)

> My teammates often
>
> 1) rush for sniper
> 2) rush wraith
> 3) rush revy/hogs and ghost

Never understood why they included this vehicle since it’s just an overpowered Concussion Rifle on ‘wheels’

> Don’t complain about campers. Pick the correct tools and tactics to destroy their camp.

By suggesting this course of action, I feel that you’ve hit on the main issue that those people would have though.

The gamers that ultimately would complain about campers are those who have a problem dealing with said campers’ tactics. These combatants are simply better suited for combat of a different type (whether it be a close quarters melee or assualt weapon tactics). So when they encounter a foe that doesn’t play those same tactics, it frustrates them. Basically, they are forced to do something unfamiliar to them and/or something that probably has a lower success rate for them. So it doesn’t surprise me when they cry foul.

Personally, I have no issues with campers. If I run into someone that isn’t compatible with my play style, I rejoin the War Games queue (hopefully getting a different group of people) at the next available opportunity. The only issues I have with campers are those that camp near the spawn points on some maps. That unfortunatly drives my crazy, because I not even allowed to take a step onto the battlefield in these cases. It’s like playing lazertag and you have a bunch of 9-year olds sitting by you constantly shooting at you before, during, and after your harness resets. There no fun in that! Hehe.

=d

> > Don’t complain about campers. Pick the correct tools and tactics to destroy their camp.
>
> By suggesting this course of action, I feel that you’ve hit on the main issue that those people would have though.
>
> The gamers that ultimately would complain about campers are those who have a problem dealing with said campers’ tactics. These combatants are simply better suited for combat of a different type (whether it be a close quarters melee or assualt weapon tactics). So when they encounter a foe that doesn’t play those same tactics, it frustrates them. Basically, they are forced to do something unfamiliar to them and/or something that probably has a lower success rate for them. So it doesn’t surprise me when they cry foul.

I should add to that point… If you know a camper is holed up in a specific location… An effective strategy is also to let him sit there and be useless. If he is in a tinny room with shotgun, he is allowing you free reign of the rest of the map and easy access to all other power weapons. Though he be strong there… He has basically abandoned his teammates, let him sit and rot.

> Personally, I have no issues with campers. If I run into someone that isn’t compatible with my play style, I rejoin the War Games queue (hopefully getting a different group of people) at the next available opportunity. The only issues I have with campers are those that camp near the spawn points on some maps. That unfortunatly drives my crazy, because I not even allowed to take a step onto the battlefield in these cases. It’s like playing lazertag and you have a bunch of 9-year olds sitting by you constantly shooting at you before, during, and after your harness resets. There no fun in that! Hehe.
>
> =d

spawn camping is a different story all together. Though it bears the name “camping” it is due to skill, is a team effort and is a part of a set up. If you have allowed the enemy to do this… Then that’s the fault of you and your team. It’s part of “map control” and allowing the enemy to control key locations is punishable by death.

> Just remembered that if this wasnt TU, armor lock could have ejected those stickies making my hard work utterly meaningless because the tapped armorlock… Thankfully BTB uses TU

No, sadly it does. The title update was the worst thing that could have happened to Reach.

No, sadly it does. The title update was the worst thing that could have happened to Reach.

I like the people that whine and moan about a sniper camping in one spot with a line of sight on one area of the map…but the rest of the map is open. So…don’t go that way? First time you get headshot, okay fine. Second time, oh he’s still there. Third time? Well… what the hell did you expect?! o_O

> I like the people that whine and moan about a sniper camping in one spot with a line of sight on one area of the map…but the rest of the map is open. So…don’t go that way? First time you get headshot, okay fine. Second time, oh he’s still there. Third time? Well… what the hell did you expect?! o_O

Good point. The only problem with that theory is that sometimes you have to deal with a sniper that has BROKEN THE MAP by jet-packing onto some tiny ledge way above the battle field. They are essentially removed from any danger and can snipe anywhere on the field. Hemmorhage is the best example of this.

I also think that snipe spawn camping is like a light form of glitching because, in skilled hands, the sniper is overpowered in Reach. A good balance means that a power weapon should only provide a player with a temporary advantage or should come at some cost in vulnerability (like the plasma canon).

Instead, the sniper is so advantageous that a player can remove himself from participating for a full spawn cycle, get the sniper, and use it to go from the zero to point leader in a very short period of time. That encourages spawn-camping and is the very definition of an overpowered weapon.

But there are many legit forms of camping, including:

• Shotgun/sword camping to protect a flag, base, or map control.
  • Camping as part of a defensive strategy to combat a superior force (either in skill or by numbers).
  • Camping or camo-sneaking to avoid a 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 scenerio, or to get to an objective or steel/destroy enemy vehicles, sniper nests, etc.