Campaign: What types of levels do you want to see?

Campaign: What types of levels do you want to see?

Me:
I want to have some levels that are like the ones in Halo CE.
For Example: Truth and Reconciliation. A small squad of Marines, and you started on the ground. You fought your way to the Gravity lift. Then you infiltrated it. Levels like that I find to be fun, and entertain.

I also want some levels that are large scale battles.
For Example: ODST live action trailer combined with the Transformers Fall of Cybertron trailer.
It gets old doing the same thing all the time.
Levels Starts: Go to Check Point A. You kill a small Covenant squad on the way.
Check Point A: Go to Check Point B. You kill a small Covenant squad on the way.
Check Point B: Go to Check Point C. You kill a small Covenant squad on the way.
Check Point C: Go to Check Point D. You kill a small Covenant squad on the way.
Check Point D: Go to Check Point E. You kill a small Covenant squad on the way.
Check Point E: Go to level end. You kill a small Covenant squad on the way.
Level ends: Next level starts. You repeat Check Points A-E, then level ends.

I’d love a stealth mission without any kind of camo. You can’t just rely on invisibility but need to stay out of enemy lines of sight. And the enemies should have set patrols. You could still go in guns blazing though. It’s just for those who like a challenge. Also a level set in an artic enviroment would be cool.

I’d like a real sniping mission. Not a short range mission were you just happen to be using a snipers rifle.

> I’d like a real sniping mission. Not a short range mission were you just happen to be using a snipers rifle.

True. For a sniping mission I want an suppressed sniper rifle. It’s strange how you can fire that thing 15feet away from the enemies. But somehow they don’t hear it.

Also I want the enemies to act like how they are supposed to act in that situation. I hate how I can snipe an Elite in a group of 6. For 5 seconds they start freaking out, then things go back to normal. Like it never happened.

I would like something similar to the beginning cutscene of Tip of Spear. Only you’re driving and it wouldn’t be a cutscene. How awesome would it be to be charging with a huge group of Warthogs right at the enemy!

> I would like something similar to the beginning cutscene of Tip of Spear. Only you’re driving and it wouldn’t be a cutscene. How awesome would it be to be charging with a huge group of Warthogs right at the enemy!

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

ye i’m tired of the dropship gameplay. For example halo reach, 90% of the campaign was just dropship gameplay, same as playing firefight. Sure you have an open sandbox map, but all that happens is a dropship comes and drops off enemies, you take them and the dropship drops enemies on the other side of the map, you take them out. Halo needs more dynamic missions.

I would love a campaign full of Forerunner mysteries, a spectacular environment, and lots of space to explore. Im not a big fan of the massively linear gameplay of some of the previous games, mainly Reach. I loved ODST. I would like something similar to a free-roam, with lots of stuff to explore. One of my favorite things to do on the Halo 3 mission “The Ark” was to climb up onto that structure in the background when you fight the Scarab. The views were amazing, and it was fun dodging the beams that the Scarab would fire at you. I even tried to climb on the Cartographer structure, only to get blocked by barriers as I tried to get to the top. I like using Pan Cam too.

> ye i’m tired of the dropship gameplay. For example halo reach, 90% of the campaign was just dropship gameplay, same as playing firefight. Sure you have an open sandbox map, but all that happens is a dropship comes and drops off enemies, you take them and the dropship drops enemies on the other side of the map, you take them out. Halo needs more dynamic missions.

And at the very least a transportation mechanic more advanced in principle than a Huey. I know shooters these days have a modern war bent to them but that shouldn’t restrict the grand sci-fi 343 is tasked to create. Hell we already bought intergalactic space magic that somehow destroys all sentient life (as if the structure of an alien species neurology can be delineated so exactly with a blind scattering of the powers of Atomic Radiation! Comrade Forerunner what is that you have in your hand? Why, it’s Plan 10 from Outer Space!) so I don’t think that the check 343 has can be made any more blank.

As for stealth missions and arctic environments, again Halo 4 shouldn’t be like every other bloody shooter out there.

> I would like something similar to the beginning cutscene of Tip of Spear. Only you’re driving and it wouldn’t be a cutscene. How awesome would it be to be charging with a huge group of Warthogs right at the enemy!

This would be -Yoink!- epic.

With different enemy types and maybe some kind of bosses the levels could be better. We should have the obvious land units, then air units, then water units, then maybe under ground units? Maybe a harder enemy every now and then like a skilled high ranking enemy or a unique vehicle??

I would love any level similar to Delta Halo. One of my favorite Halo levels ever.

a mission that requires a fun amount of vehicle use, and a mission where you can acctualy CHOOSE how to play it

here is one scenario:

You and a group of marines are flying in a pelican flying back to base, and all of a sudden, you are shot down by a group of covie AA guns, you and some smart marine jump out at the last second, and the pelican crashes. level starts
you are at the remains of the pelican, command asks what happened, one of the marines replies; “we got shot down by an AA battery, some troops and both pilots killed, you better keep the other pelicans form coming in here”
command asks; “is the Chief with you”
“yes sir”
“get rid of those AA guns”
Chief says; “yes sir”

you make your way towards the AA battery, but here comes the catch,
you can choose what you want to do.

-one way is to quietly sneak into the base/battery, and the marines WILL be useful, and not be -Yoinks!- (cough cough Jun), you make your way into the base, and you quietly shut down the AA guns, but not destroy them

-another way is to get in a vehicle, (assuming that the pelican was carrying a warthog) and wreak havoc in the covie base, but be warned, they will have heavy armor

-a third way is to have use of some nearby downed aircraft , like a damaged hornet, or some banshees the covies left unguarded, to take out the base, this will be the hardes way, but arguably, it will be the most fun

also, there should be multiple routes you can take

just a small summary

> a mission that requires a fun amount of vehicle use, and a mission where you can acctualy CHOOSE how to play it
>
>
> here is one scenario:
>
> You and a group of marines are flying in a pelican flying back to base, and all of a sudden, you are shot down by a group of covie AA guns, you and some smart marine jump out at the last second, and the pelican crashes. level starts
> you are at the remains of the pelican, command asks what happened, one of the marines replies; “we got shot down by an AA battery, some troops and both pilots killed, you better keep the other pelicans form coming in here”
> command asks; “is the Chief with you”
> “yes sir”
> “get rid of those AA guns”
> Chief says; “yes sir”
>
> you make your way towards the AA battery, but here comes the catch,
> you can choose what you want to do.
>
> -one way is to quietly sneak into the base/battery, and the marines WILL be useful, and not be -Yoink!- (cough cough Jun), you make your way into the base, and you quietly shut down the AA guns, but not destroy them
>
> -another way is to get in a vehicle, (assuming that the pelican was carrying a warthog) and wreak havoc in the covie base, but be warned, they will have heavy armor
>
> -a third way is to have use of some nearby downed aircraft , like a damaged hornet, or some banshees the covies left unguarded, to take out the base, this will be the hardes way, but arguably, it will be the most fun
>
>
>
> also, there should be multiple routes you can take
>
>
>
> just a small summary

That would be fun :slight_smile:

I want a level with non stop action and constant running for your life while fighting off hordes of the strongest enemies.

I would like to have all kinds of missions. Infiltration, stealth, assault, defense and a escape mission (like the Maw and Halo). I would also love some missions to have boss levels, but they shouldn’t be easy as Halo 3’s Guilty Spark for example. Make it something like the last mission of Halo 2. But make the enemy a bit stronger…

Good Levels.
Dynamic Levels.
Beautiful Levels.
Alienating Levels.
Dangerous Levels.
SPAAAAAAAAAACE! Levels.
Diverse Levels.
Fun Levels.

> Good Levels.
> Dynamic Levels.
> Beautiful Levels.
> Alienating Levels.
> Dangerous Levels.
> SPAAAAAAAAAACE! Levels.
> Diverse Levels.
> Fun Levels.

Brohug

Honestly? I just want a snow mission. Maybe I would have liked Reach more if it had a snow mission. What ever they do with it I’m fine with, I just want snow.

> Honestly? I just want a snow mission. Maybe I would have liked Reach more if it had a snow mission. What ever they do with it I’m fine with, I just want snow.

I don’t care if I get flamed for this post. I want a snow mission like the one in MW2.