Campaign Weapons

The amount of ammo in Halo Infinite needs to be upgraded to Halo CE levels

Most definitely. Always frustrated by how I’d run out of BR ammo after taking on a couple of Knights or Soldiers.

CE levels are a little extreme imo, but I definitely think the carrying capacity should be increased (especially with UNSC weapons). There’s only so many ways to explain random human ammo/vehicles appearing as a convenient resupply in the middle of a Forerunner installation.

> 2535418288909351;3:
> CE levels are a little extreme imo, but I definitely think the carrying capacity should be increased (especially with UNSC weapons). There’s only so many ways to explain random human ammo/vehicles appearing as a convenient resupply in the middle of a Forerunner installation.

Why are CE levels “extreme?” It is not as if having the higher ammo capacity made the game any easier. It just meant players could actually choose how they want to play rather than being stuck with whatever the common ammo type is.

In fact having that higher ammo capacity to start with just means you need fewer “convenient” resupplies overall to get players through a level. It is not as if other Halo games with lower ammo capacities have been exempt from “convenient” resupplies. I mean Halo 5 had an entire faction “conveniently” placed post Sunaion so you got to fight something other than Prometheans for the final levels.

A few dead Marines here and there combined with proper resupplies hardly seems like a immersion breaking stretch.

Yes that’s one of the biggest problems I found in my legendary playthroughs of halo 4 and 5 I always ran out of ammo but in ce I rarely did

> 2533274819446242;4:
> Why are CE levels “extreme?” It is not as if having the higher ammo capacity made the game any easier. It just meant players could actually choose how they want to play rather than being stuck with whatever the common ammo type is.
>
> In fact having that higher ammo capacity to start with just means you need fewer “convenient” resupplies overall to get players through a level. It is not as if other Halo games with lower ammo capacities have been exempt from “convenient” resupplies. I mean Halo 5 had an entire faction “conveniently” placed post Sunaion so you got to fight something other than Prometheans for the final levels.
>
> A few dead Marines here and there combined with proper resupplies hardly seems like a immersion breaking stretch.

I’ve got no problem with overloaded weapons at mission starts. That’s something the series has done multiple times and it’s always designed to be beneficial to the mission. That being said, however, increasing overall ammo capacity does make the game easier. If a player has 28 total rounds for the sniper rifle, they’re much more likely to clear out several areas of enemies undetected than someone with 20 (or 16, if we’re basing this off H4/H5).

As for the resupply areas, I bit my tongue on criticizing previous games. In particular, the Scorpion tank on Genesis in H5 was really stretching it for me. I’ve always thought Halo 2 handled ammo the best, especially with the Pelican drops on Delta Halo/Regret.

> 2535418288909351;6:
> > 2533274819446242;4:
> > Why are CE levels “extreme?” It is not as if having the higher ammo capacity made the game any easier. It just meant players could actually choose how they want to play rather than being stuck with whatever the common ammo type is.
> >
> > In fact having that higher ammo capacity to start with just means you need fewer “convenient” resupplies overall to get players through a level. It is not as if other Halo games with lower ammo capacities have been exempt from “convenient” resupplies. I mean Halo 5 had an entire faction “conveniently” placed post Sunaion so you got to fight something other than Prometheans for the final levels.
> >
> > A few dead Marines here and there combined with proper resupplies hardly seems like a immersion breaking stretch.
>
> I’ve got no problem with overloaded weapons at mission starts. That’s something the series has done multiple times and it’s always designed to be beneficial to the mission. That being said, however, increasing overall ammo capacity does make the game easier. If a player has 28 total rounds for the sniper rifle, they’re much more likely to clear out several areas of enemies undetected than someone with 20 (or 16, if we’re basing this off H4/H5).
>
> As for the resupply areas, I bit my tongue on criticizing previous games. In particular, the Scorpion tank on Genesis in H5 was really stretching it for me. I’ve always thought Halo 2 handled ammo the best, especially with the Pelican drops on Delta Halo/Regret.

How can it make the game easier when the game designed around having that capacity? With proper play you can use the sniper rifle throughout the entirety of Truth and Reconciliation because that is how they designed and balanced that mission. Its not like I’m asking to put higher ammo capacities in a game designed for lower ones, though I certainly think it would improve the game if some of them did, but I digress.

Its not just the power weapons that are at issue here but plenty of the normal weapons as well, the rate at which you go through battery based like the Plasma Pistol or Storm rifle makes it look like they run on AAA batteries, its a joke and magazine based weapons are rarely much better off.

In a game where you can only hold two weapons at a time, your weapon choices are part of what gives the PvE replayability and depth. When you can’t barely hold any ammo regardless of how well you play, you end up defaulting to whatever is most common and efficient rather than what you find enjoyable and it drags the game down because of it.

I frankly can’t understand why the Pelican drops in Halo 2 are just fine when they happen far more frequently than CE resupplies relative to the length of the actual mission and let’s not forget all the pods strewn you don’t even see get dropped in but otherwise litter the map. You can’t get away from them, but somehow that is less egregious than just having more ammo to start with longer intervals between resupplies…

The difficulty isn’t coming from ammo scarcity, but from excellent AI and encounter design, higher ammo capacities just mean you have more options available to you that can choose to tackle said design with.

> 2533274819446242;7:
> How can it make the game easier when the game designed around having that capacity? With proper play you can use the sniper rifle throughout the entirety of Truth and Reconciliation because that is how they designed and balanced that mission. Its not like I’m asking to put higher ammo capacities in a game designed for lower ones, though I certainly think it would improve the game if some of them did, but I digress.
>
> Its not just the power weapons that are at issue here but plenty of the normal weapons as well, the rate at which you go through battery based like the Plasma Pistol or Storm rifle makes it look like they run on AAA batteries, its a joke and magazine based weapons are rarely much better off.
>
> In a game where you can only hold two weapons at a time, your weapon choices are part of what gives the PvE replayability and depth. When you can’t barely hold any ammo regardless of how well you play, you end up defaulting to whatever is most common and efficient rather than what you find enjoyable and it drags the game down because of it.
>
> I frankly can’t understand why the Pelican drops in Halo 2 are just fine when they happen far more frequently than CE resupplies relative to the length of the actual mission and let’s not forget all the pods strewn you don’t even see get dropped in but otherwise litter the map. You can’t get away from them, but somehow that is less egregious than just having more ammo to start with longer intervals between resupplies…
>
> The difficulty isn’t coming from ammo scarcity, but from excellent AI and encounter design, higher ammo capacities just mean you have more options available to you that can choose to tackle said design with.

When did I call out CE for having poor weapon drops? I love Foe Hammer’s deliveries, and never even mentioned other things like the crashed Pelicans (which are great). The only game I said I had a real problem with was Halo 5. Even Halo 4 had fantastic weapon scattering from the debris of the Forward Unto Dawn. I mentioned Halo 2 specifically because of the introduction of the Pelican’s weapon pods, which I think are cooler than finding Pelican wreckages.

Back to the main topic here, I’m completely fine with increasing the amount of ammo for weapons. That’s what I said in my original comment, which I still stand by (bear in mind all I said was CE’s carrying capacity was a bit over-the-top). Heck, I still think that the plasma pistol should remove the drain mechanic Halo 3 introduced. I wish I had commented that I’d prefer something around Halo 2’s numbers, but it hadn’t crossed my mind when I wrote it.

> 2535418288909351;8:
> > 2533274819446242;7:
> > How can it make the game easier when the game designed around having that capacity? With proper play you can use the sniper rifle throughout the entirety of Truth and Reconciliation because that is how they designed and balanced that mission. Its not like I’m asking to put higher ammo capacities in a game designed for lower ones, though I certainly think it would improve the game if some of them did, but I digress.
> >
> > Its not just the power weapons that are at issue here but plenty of the normal weapons as well, the rate at which you go through battery based like the Plasma Pistol or Storm rifle makes it look like they run on AAA batteries, its a joke and magazine based weapons are rarely much better off.
> >
> > In a game where you can only hold two weapons at a time, your weapon choices are part of what gives the PvE replayability and depth. When you can’t barely hold any ammo regardless of how well you play, you end up defaulting to whatever is most common and efficient rather than what you find enjoyable and it drags the game down because of it.
> >
> > I frankly can’t understand why the Pelican drops in Halo 2 are just fine when they happen far more frequently than CE resupplies relative to the length of the actual mission and let’s not forget all the pods strewn you don’t even see get dropped in but otherwise litter the map. You can’t get away from them, but somehow that is less egregious than just having more ammo to start with longer intervals between resupplies…
> >
> > The difficulty isn’t coming from ammo scarcity, but from excellent AI and encounter design, higher ammo capacities just mean you have more options available to you that can choose to tackle said design with.
>
> When did I call out CE for having poor weapon drops? I love Foe Hammer’s deliveries, and never even mentioned other things like the crashed Pelicans (which are great). The only game I said I had a real problem with was Halo 5. Even Halo 4 had fantastic weapon scattering from the debris of the Forward Unto Dawn. I mentioned Halo 2 specifically because of the introduction of the Pelican’s weapon pods, which I think are cooler than finding Pelican wreckages.
>
> Back to the main topic here, I’m completely fine with increasing the amount of ammo for weapons. That’s what I said in my original comment, which I still stand by (bear in mind all I said was CE’s carrying capacity was a bit over-the-top). Heck, I still think that the plasma pistol should remove the drain mechanic Halo 3 introduced. I wish I had commented that I’d prefer something around Halo 2’s numbers, but it hadn’t crossed my mind when I wrote it.

I made that assumption because you didn’t really clarify that you were talking about two different issues in your first post, but I digress, now we are on the same page.

I still don’t understand why CE’s capacity is “over-the-top,” especially when it meshes well with your preference for resupplies that make sense in the narrative.

> 2533274819446242;9:
> I made that assumption because you didn’t really clarify that you were talking about two different issues in your first post, but I digress, now we are on the same page.
>
> I still don’t understand why CE’s capacity is “over-the-top,” especially when it meshes well with your preference for resupplies that make sense in the narrative.

I dunno what it is exactly, in all honesty. Just seems a little comical after getting used to 6 games with a heavily lowered cap. I’ve made a couple jokes about how it must just be the MK V’s pouches that carry everything.

> 2535418288909351;10:
> > 2533274819446242;9:
> > I made that assumption because you didn’t really clarify that you were talking about two different issues in your first post, but I digress, now we are on the same page.
> >
> > I still don’t understand why CE’s capacity is “over-the-top,” especially when it meshes well with your preference for resupplies that make sense in the narrative.
>
> I dunno what it is exactly, in all honesty. Just seems a little comical after getting used to 6 games with a heavily lowered cap. I’ve made a couple jokes about how it must just be the MK V’s pouches that carry everything.

Ammo capacity has never been logically consistent. You can hold fewer magazines of BR ammo than sniper ammo in any Halo game, while the Halo 3 AR can carry as many magazines as its CE counterpart, albeit with less ammo per mag. Realistically any amount of rocket ammo beyond a single reload is already a stretch in terms of physical space it can take up. You can carry two sets of heavy weapons with max ammo, but could also carry only two Pistol sized weapons at a time. Even Halo 5 which I would consider the stingiest of all Halo games has weapons like the SMG and Railgun which got serious ammo capacity upgrades despite other weapons being lower than ever. The point is that it all arbitrary.

The most logical concessions we get out of Halo compared to some other shooters is that there is a weapon limit at all and you see them on character models. Getting bogged down in logistical concerns just seems like a waste to me. Being able to use weapons I enjoy using for more than a single encounter is more important to me than where the MC is keeping all those rockets.

> 2533274819446242;11:
> Ammo capacity has never been logically consistent. You can hold fewer magazines of BR ammo than sniper ammo in any Halo game, while the Halo 3 AR can carry as many magazines as its CE counterpart, albeit with less ammo per mag. Realistically any amount of rocket ammo beyond a single reload is already a stretch in terms of physical space it can take up. You can carry two sets of heavy weapons with max ammo, but could also carry only two Pistol sized weapons at a time. Even Halo 5 which I would consider the stingiest of all Halo games has weapons like the SMG and Railgun which got serious ammo capacity upgrades despite other weapons being lower than ever. The point is that it all arbitrary.
>
> The most logical concessions we get out of Halo compared to some other shooters is that there is a weapon limit at all and you see them on character models. Getting bogged down in logistical concerns just seems like a waste to me. Being able to use weapons I enjoy using for more than a single encounter is more important to me than where the MC is keeping all those rockets.

My bad, I didn’t mean for it to come across like I thought having more ammo was immersion-breaking. Just a little joke was all.

I agree with you completely, though. There’s no need to get hung up about why there’s so much ammo from an in-game perspective.

I think due to the bullet spongeyness of enemies now more ammo is neeed but to 552 AR rounds. I think 108 br rounds aren’t enoug . But 180 would be. That 2 more magazines for the gun. I think 324 would be enough for the AR. I find myself running out of ammo in warzone and having to stop by a base to refill so I typically use extended mag weapons to get roughly these ammo counts and it seems to work fairly well with a nice balance

> 2533274915983628;13:
> I think due to the bullet spongeyness of enemies now more ammo is neeed but to 552 AR rounds. I think 108 br rounds aren’t enoug . But 180 would be. That 2 more magazines for the gun. I think 324 would be enough for the AR. I find myself running out of ammo in warzone and having to stop by a base to refill so I typically use extended mag weapons to get roughly these ammo counts and it seems to work fairly well with a nice balance

I just want more ammo in the campaign lIke in Halo CE I am not big into online multiplayer I do play it every once in a while though

I’d be down for CE level weapon ammunition, but if nothing else, either sprinkle more UNSC weapons around the place, or start us off with a situation-proper weapon.
The need to have each character have their set weapon is gonna be gone now that we aren’t doing the fireteam thing from 5, so.

Needler Rifle needs to return and I would like something like the Brute shot and spiker grenade to be in the game

> 2533274907200114;15:
> I’d be down for CE level weapon ammunition, but if nothing else, either sprinkle more UNSC weapons around the place, or start us off with a situation-proper weapon.
> The need to have each character have their set weapon is gonna be gone now that we aren’t doing the fireteam thing from 5, so.

That was one of many issues I had with H5. One of many great things about CE on the other hand was starting each level with the appropriate weapons for that level. Truth and Reconciliation’s sniper rifle start was a great example of this. If we started every mission with an assault rifle and a pistol, for instance, T&R would have been very frustrating. Starting each level of H5 with the same set up was a bit frustrating, and got boring kinda fast imo.

Starting each level with different weapons also serves to debut them in a way. You get to try out all the weapons at least once, which is a very nice little bonus when heading into MP after finishing the campaign. You get to see the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon and what environments and play spaces they work best in.

> 2535435902217648;17:
> > 2533274907200114;15:
> > I’d be down for CE level weapon ammunition, but if nothing else, either sprinkle more UNSC weapons around the place, or start us off with a situation-proper weapon.
> > The need to have each character have their set weapon is gonna be gone now that we aren’t doing the fireteam thing from 5, so.
>
> That was one of many issues I had with H5. One of many great things about CE on the other hand was starting each level with the appropriate weapons for that level. Truth and Reconciliation’s sniper rifle start was a great example of this. If we started every mission with an assault rifle and a pistol, for instance, T&R would have been very frustrating. Starting each level of H5 with the same set up was a bit frustrating, and got boring kinda fast imo.
>
> Starting each level with different weapons also serves to debut them in a way. You get to try out all the weapons at least once, which is a very nice little bonus when heading into MP after finishing the campaign. You get to see the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon and what environments and play spaces they work best in.

That, and I was also thinking more like, in between levels your characters is scavanging stuff from the battlefield.
Starting off on Sangheilios with a Battle Rifle really didn’t feel right to me. You should have had a carbine or something like that, something Locke grabbed off the ground or the Arbiter gave him.
Hopefully weapon variants will remain and we can see them as more than just easter eggs.

> 2533274845153375;1:
> The amount of ammo in Halo Infinite needs to be upgraded to Halo CE levels

Finally, a topic I can agree with.

> 2533274907200114;18:
> > 2535435902217648;17:
> > > 2533274907200114;15:
> > > I’d be down for CE level weapon ammunition, but if nothing else, either sprinkle more UNSC weapons around the place, or start us off with a situation-proper weapon.
> > > The need to have each character have their set weapon is gonna be gone now that we aren’t doing the fireteam thing from 5, so.
> >
> > That was one of many issues I had with H5. One of many great things about CE on the other hand was starting each level with the appropriate weapons for that level. Truth and Reconciliation’s sniper rifle start was a great example of this. If we started every mission with an assault rifle and a pistol, for instance, T&R would have been very frustrating. Starting each level of H5 with the same set up was a bit frustrating, and got boring kinda fast imo.
> >
> > Starting each level with different weapons also serves to debut them in a way. You get to try out all the weapons at least once, which is a very nice little bonus when heading into MP after finishing the campaign. You get to see the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon and what environments and play spaces they work best in.
>
> That, and I was also thinking more like, in between levels your characters is scavanging stuff from the battlefield.
> Starting off on Sangheilios with a Battle Rifle really didn’t feel right to me. You should have had a carbine or something like that, something Locke grabbed off the ground or the Arbiter gave him.
> Hopefully weapon variants will remain and we can see them as more than just easter eggs.

I’m pretty sure the Swords and the Storm alike aren’t too picky about where they get guns from. Was honestly a little disappointed we never saw any using many human weapons due to that.

That said, I’d say it makes sense that you all start with your default loadouts; You start off making planetfall, and most Pelicans seem well-stocked, so your team might be getting new BRs and stuff with every landing.