Campaign Weapons 2

What changes do you all think we should see in the weapons in campaign

Besides having more reserve ammo like we have talked about before, I’m not sure there is much in the way of campaign specific tweaks I would make to weapons. Mechanical diversity and balance are just as important in Campaign as they are in multiplayer.

I’ve heard some people express the sentiment that balance doesn’t really matter in campaign, but I don’t agree. Making sure every weapon is unique and viable in its own way is incredibly important to creating a memorable campaign with a high degree of replay-ability.

To list off a few things that are good for both campaign and multiplayer.
*CE Levels of Ammo
*The vast majority of weapons should be projectile rather than hitscan.
*The weapon sandbox should contain few tracking weapons and the ones we do have should be less common. Between the Boltshot and Suppressor Promethean sections of Halo 5 could often be a total slog.
*The sandbox should only be as big as it needs to be. Everyone has their favorites, but many weapons in the Halo’s history just don’t have a lot to add in terms of gameplay. I’m not saying we should have a sandbox the size of CE, but at the same time I do think we have room to trim the fat in some areas to create a more polished sandbox that has more room for new weapons as well. If people want some of the more redundant weapons(or vehicles for that matter) back that should be saved for DLC, not the core sandbox.
*No clone weapons. There is only so much time to build and balance a certain number of weapons that we shouldn’t be wasting precious slots with dull pallet swaps. The Beam Rifle is my go to example. The Beam Rifle has only ever been a purple Sniper Rifle, I would much rather see it either heavily redesigned or simply replaced with something like the Focus Rifle which fulfills the broad “sniping” niche for the Covenant without just being a retread of the human Sniper Rifle.
*No Req weapons in campaign(or multiplayer), I would rather see their more unique mechanics rolled into the “standard” weapon sandbox rather than hide most of the interesting weapon design behind easter eggs.

• Weapons need to hold more ammo - Each weapon needs to have a specific purpose to serve that the other weapons don’t - No variants, because that’s gotten entirely out of hand (simplify the sandbox please)

> 2535435902217648;3:
> - Weapons need to hold more ammo - Each weapon needs to have a specific purpose to serve that the other weapons don’t - No variants, because that’s gotten entirely out of hand (simplify the sandbox please)

I think some of the various req weapons should stick around for fun reasons not the cheesey stuff like nornfang and the prime rocket launcher or the biggest sin of all prophet’s bane but things like Blissful Slumber, Rain of Oblivion, Voids Tear and Jorge’s Chaingun. And definitely not for arena but for custom games or FireFight.

> 2533274911200879;4:
> > 2535435902217648;3:
> > - Weapons need to hold more ammo - Each weapon needs to have a specific purpose to serve that the other weapons don’t - No variants, because that’s gotten entirely out of hand (simplify the sandbox please)
>
> I think some of the various req weapons should stick around for fun reasons not the cheesey stuff like nornfang and the prime rocket launcher or the biggest sin of all prophet’s bane but things like Blissful Slumber, Rain of Oblivion, Voids Tear and Jorge’s Chaingun. And definitely not for arena but for custom games or FireFight.

I guess you can call me a traditionalist on this one. I don’t want any variants of any kind whatsoever. The vast majority of Halo’s existence got along just fine with the base weapons that it came with. It felt more military sci-fi than fantasy. Now with power ranger armor and brightly colored weapons, Halo just isn’t what it used to be.

Brute Shot Mafia! Seriously though, the Brute shot was great and the plasma caster does not scratch that itch.