Campaign Weapon Loadouts

Give us the option to start with different loadouts or continue the next level with our weapons from the previous in campaign

I kinda hope we get a similar set up to CE. Depending on the level, we start with whatever applies. For example, when playing Truth and Reconciliation we got a sniper rifle, which was very useful for that level.

Keeping the same weapons from the previous level can be beneficial upon subsequent play throughs, because you’ve played the game and know what you need for the next level. But the first time going through, you’re just gonna be guessing. I’d hate to go from a wide-open sniper level to a corridor gun battle level and keep the same long range weapons I had before.

I don’t want loadouts like Halo 5 did. It can break the balance of mission starts since most weapons can be more comfortable/relevant than others.

Seriously, you will never start with an Assault rifle unless the game forces you to it.

I think carrying weapons over from one mission to the next is ok if it’s a continuous play through. But I liked the days when a mission was made for a certain load out. Truth and Reconciliation with the sniper rifle always comes to my mind and I’m sure I’m not alone.

I just want whatever weapon I use to match my character in the cut scenes lol

Aslong as the loadouts aren’t like sparten ops, hell yea

> 2535435902217648;2:
> I kinda hope we get a similar set up to CE. Depending on the level, we start with whatever applies. For example, when playing Truth and Reconciliation we got a sniper rifle, which was very useful for that level.
>
> Keeping the same weapons from the previous level can be beneficial upon subsequent play throughs, because you’ve played the game and know what you need for the next level. But the first time going through, you’re just gonna be guessing. I’d hate to go from a wide-open sniper level to a corridor gun battle level and keep the same long range weapons I had before.

I mean, in your same example, Truth and Reconciliation, you can find ammo for the Sniper all the way through to the end of the level, and keep using it after the level transitions into a corridor shooter. Heck I’d recommend doing it, the Sniper is a beast in any engagement in campaign.

Nah. As people have already stated, part of why Truth and Reconciliation is so well-known is because of it’s starting weapon. Those kind of moves make things memorable. Same goes for the time of day, I’m wondering how this is going to be handled in Infinite, because frankly, having any mission start at whatever time of day you want means it’s likely going to be an afterthought. As a whole, I’m kind of sketched out by the game being open world, because that can, in some cases, limit how the levels are designed.

I’d love to see infinite have a generally linear story, sure the levels are open, but that doesn’t mean the environment designers made a giant map and then started plopping down things to fill up the space. Although looking at what we’ve seen, it’s likely going to play similarly to a Far Cry game. Bummer

> 2533274810177460;7:
> > 2535435902217648;2:
> > I kinda hope we get a similar set up to CE. Depending on the level, we start with whatever applies. For example, when playing Truth and Reconciliation we got a sniper rifle, which was very useful for that level.
> >
> > Keeping the same weapons from the previous level can be beneficial upon subsequent play throughs, because you’ve played the game and know what you need for the next level. But the first time going through, you’re just gonna be guessing. I’d hate to go from a wide-open sniper level to a corridor gun battle level and keep the same long range weapons I had before.
>
> I mean, in your same example, Truth and Reconciliation, you can find ammo for the Sniper all the way through to the end of the level, and keep using it after the level transitions into a corridor shooter. Heck I’d recommend doing it, the Sniper is a beast in any engagement in campaign.

There’s actually an achievement for keeping the sniper rifle to the end of the level, which was a nice surprise for me when I got that one without realizing it lol. But my point was that I don’t want to keep my weapons from a previous level if they aren’t applicable to the next level.

> 2533274845153375;1:
> Give us the option to start with different loadouts or continue the next level with our weapons from the previous in campaign

it constantly surprises me that both Bungie and 343 didn’t ever include the option to tailor your experience in any of the campaigns via choosing which weapons you can start with. Of course not at the expense of the original vision for how they want the game to play perhaps but like Perfect Dark for example which had this as a seperate cheat campaign mode. It adds so much. Loading up with a shotgun and sniper combo in something like the Carthogropher level on CE would allow for a different experience. Disable achievements even if they must but give more in the way we can play through campaign. Fairly basic stuff to include surely and it’s odd they never do

Load outs in campaign I guess could possibly break encounter set ups in the previous campaigns which is why an option outside of the vanilla is better but who knows what their approch is for Infinite. Hope they have something planned for MCC though as it really would add so much

It would be cool to see customizable loadouts for each mission like Call of Duty Black Ops ll, but I’d like to see the CE style to return, where each mission the loadout fits the mission objective.

> 2535435902217648;9:
> > 2533274810177460;7:
> > > 2535435902217648;2:
> > > I kinda hope we get a similar set up to CE. Depending on the level, we start with whatever applies. For example, when playing Truth and Reconciliation we got a sniper rifle, which was very useful for that level.
> > >
> > > Keeping the same weapons from the previous level can be beneficial upon subsequent play throughs, because you’ve played the game and know what you need for the next level. But the first time going through, you’re just gonna be guessing. I’d hate to go from a wide-open sniper level to a corridor gun battle level and keep the same long range weapons I had before.
> >
> > I mean, in your same example, Truth and Reconciliation, you can find ammo for the Sniper all the way through to the end of the level, and keep using it after the level transitions into a corridor shooter. Heck I’d recommend doing it, the Sniper is a beast in any engagement in campaign.
>
> There’s actually an achievement for keeping the sniper rifle to the end of the level, which was a nice surprise for me when I got that one without realizing it lol. But my point was that I don’t want to keep my weapons from a previous level if they aren’t applicable to the next level.

I don’t really mind, it’s not too hard for them to just include weapons to pick up that are more suitable at or near the start. Just so long as you wouldn’t get stuck in an encounter like the start of Two Betrayals without that Plasma Pistol lol.

> 2533274923428997;8:
> Nah. As people have already stated, part of why Truth and Reconciliation is so well-known is because of it’s starting weapon. Those kind of moves make things memorable. Same goes for the time of day, I’m wondering how this is going to be handled in Infinite, because frankly, having any mission start at whatever time of day you want means it’s likely going to be an afterthought. As a whole, I’m kind of sketched out by the game being open world, because that can, in some cases, limit how the levels are designed.
>
> I’d love to see infinite have a generally linear story, sure the levels are open, but that doesn’t mean the environment designers made a giant map and then started plopping down things to fill up the space. Although looking at what we’ve seen, it’s likely going to play similarly to a Far Cry game. Bummer

they could have some missions only available at certain times for example like in Skyrim you have to meet a person at night this could work with meeting bro hammer at night and him flying you to where you need to be under the cover of night

One option that I see as feasible is to be able to carry your own weapons in the Pelican, I believe that since Halo Infinite is going to be an open world game, we will surely have a main vehicle that moves us from one place to another.

That is why in that pelican they will give us the option of being able to store X amount of weapons that we want. To be able to change weapons as the situation requires.

> 2535435902217648;9:
> > 2533274810177460;7:
> > > 2535435902217648;2:
> > > I kinda hope we get a similar set up to CE. Depending on the level, we start with whatever applies. For example, when playing Truth and Reconciliation we got a sniper rifle, which was very useful for that level.
> > >
> > > Keeping the same weapons from the previous level can be beneficial upon subsequent play throughs, because you’ve played the game and know what you need for the next level. But the first time going through, you’re just gonna be guessing. I’d hate to go from a wide-open sniper level to a corridor gun battle level and keep the same long range weapons I had before.
> >
> > I mean, in your same example, Truth and Reconciliation, you can find ammo for the Sniper all the way through to the end of the level, and keep using it after the level transitions into a corridor shooter. Heck I’d recommend doing it, the Sniper is a beast in any engagement in campaign.
>
> There’s actually an achievement for keeping the sniper rifle to the end of the level, which was a nice surprise for me when I got that one without realizing it lol. But my point was that I don’t want to keep my weapons from a previous level if they aren’t applicable to the next level.

I am just trying to mix up things a little we should have more than one or two weapons that are effective for what ever mission it is that the player is playing and weapons that are effective in multiple missions oh and by the way I made a post on what changes I would make to Halo 4 promethium weapons tell me what you think

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-4-promethean-weapons-changes/7e664589-a5bd-4474-856d-607a6b4c8bb7/posts?page=1#post15

I like the idea of keeping weapons from the previous level, and it is even already in effect for a few of Halo 2’s “double missions”. Of course, unique starting weapon sets are also nice. But it is possible to have both. In fact, the answer is relatively simple. If the next mission starts off similarly to the previous one, then I see no reason why players should not be able to keep their weapons. But if the next mission’s setting is drastically different, then of course the player will start with weapons more suited to that setting.

It should be noted that we don’t actually know yet how missions will work in Halo Infinite, as a result of it being ‘semi open world’. We don’t know if there will even be missions, at least in the traditional sense (being able to select the missions from a menu). We might just be randomly doing sets of objectives that contribute to the greater good on this grand, vast open world that stretches as far as the eye can see…