Campaign to Span "Three Worlds"

Just noticed this detail on the official site. In the Halo 5: Guardians page, in the description of the Campaign. So, it’s time for speculation isn’t it?

We already know we’re going to Sanghelios and that most of the game seems to take place there. We also know we’re going to some colony near the end of the game where Chief and Locke duke it out, and from the GI article it’s also implied we’ll be visiting Meridian. Could that really be it?

At the end of the e3 game play, the trailer that played showed a planet with lots of snow, this is where Jul and Halsey are when Locke finds them. I believe this planet is called Kamchata, from the concept art.

Meiridian’s been mentioned in the demo gameinformer played.

> 2535416137186119;2:
> At the end of the e3 game play, the trailer that played showed a planet with lots of snow, this is where Jul and Halsey are when Locke finds them. I believe this planet is called Kamchata, from the concept art.

I thought that was also Sanghelios

> 2533274846978810;4:
> > 2535416137186119;2:
> > At the end of the e3 game play, the trailer that played showed a planet with lots of snow, this is where Jul and Halsey are when Locke finds them. I believe this planet is called Kamchata, from the concept art.
>
>
> I thought that was also Sanghelios

Could very well be, from the concept art Kamchata may be a region on Sanghelios or it could be an entirely different world.

Thats very limited I wish there were more places

I’m thinking that the “three worlds”–Sanghelios, Kamchata, Meridian–will be the meat of the campaign, and for each world we get two missions: one from Chief’s perspective, and one from Locke’s perspective. That’s already 6 missions. It seems logical that because Locke is tracking Chief, he will literally be entering the same places where Chief was days, or hours, before (albeit destroyed or what have you, re: “Sunaion” in the E3 demo).

Once you consider the notion that 1) true to 343’s form, the first and last levels might be a non-playable Prologue and Epilogue, respectively, and 2) the fact that the second level is Blue Team’s introductory mission on the Argent Moon, as well as the third mission perhaps being Osiris’ introductory mission, and finally 3) apparently the Sanghelios missions are early on in the campaign, the campaign might look like this:

1. Prologue (non-playable)
  2. Argent Moon (Blue)
  3. Locke’s introductory mission (Osiris)
  4. Sanghelios 1 (Blue)
  5. Sanghelios 2, possibly Sunaion (Osiris)
  6. Kamchata 1 (Blue)
  7. Kamchata 2 (Osiris)
  8. Meridian 1 (Blue)
  9. Meridian 2 (Osiris)
  10. Epilogue (non-playable)

I’m predicting Meridian will be close to the end because of the significance of ghost Cortana’s quote about it and the Domain.

> 2535466392605448;6:
> Thats very limited I wish there were more places

More diverse than previous games. It’s usually just a planet and an installation, or just 1 planet/installation and a couple 1-shot other places like.ships or space stations.

Well, I guess it ties halo 2 if you count high charity as a ‘world’

> 2535466392605448;6:
> Thats very limited I wish there were more places

It’s a hell of a lot more expansive than most other Halo games.

Halo CE: Installation 04 only.
Halo 2: Earth, a gas-giant’s atmosphere, Installation 05, & High Charity. Actually one of the most expansive Halos to-date.
Halo 3: Earth & the Ark only.
Halo 3 ODST: New Mombassa - just one city on one planet (though arguably more expansive than other entries due to a more open level design).
Halo Reach: Just Reach.
Halo 4: Pretty much just Requiem, with a dash of a space station and the Sol System thrown in at the end. Even Spartan Ops took place exclusively on Requiem.

This is one of the most expansive games yet, based on locations visited, if not THE most. I’m excited as hell to sink my teeth into some of the wider Halo-verse! And to finally get to step foot on one of the colonies we’ve been fighting so hard to protect all this time! (I know there was a whole game on Reach, which is my favorite of all the Halos honestly, but Reach is [was] also basically just Earth’s little brother. Now we’re going to start getting out into the sticks!)

> 2533274811804036;7:
> I’m thinking that the “three worlds”–Sanghelios, Kamchata, Meridian–will be the meat of the campaign, and for each world we get two missions: one from Chief’s perspective, and one from Locke’s perspective. That’s already 6 missions. It seems logical that because Locke is tracking Chief, he will literally be entering the same places where Chief was days, or hours, before (albeit destroyed or what have you, re: “Sunaion” in the E3 demo).
>
> Once you consider the notion that 1) true to 343’s form, the first and last levels might be a non-playable Prologue and Epilogue, respectively, and 2) the fact that the second level is Blue Team’s introductory mission on the Argent Moon, as well as the third mission perhaps being Osiris’ introductory mission, and finally 3) apparently the Sanghelios missions are early on in the campaign, the campaign might look like this:
>
> 1) Prologue (non-playable)
> 2) Argent Moon (Blue)
> 3) Locke’s introductory mission (Osiris)
> 4) Sanghelios 1 (Blue)
> 5) Sanghelios 2, possibly Sunaion (Osiris)
> 6) Kamchata 1 (Blue)
> 7) Kamchata 2 (Osiris)
> 8) Meridian 1 (Blue)
> 9) Meridian 2 (Osiris)
> 10) Epilogue (non-playable)
>
> I’m predicting Meridian will be close to the end because of the significance of ghost Cortana’s quote about it and the Domain.

Hmmm. I don’t think it will be much like that. I think most of the game will take place in Sanghelios. Kamchata, like Sunamion, is probably a location on Sanghelios. And there’s also the mission leading up to Locke’s meeting woth the Arbiter. So that’s three Locke missions in Sanghelios. Throw in at least one Chief mission there and that’s a very bug part of the game.

Here’s my guess:

1. Prologue cutscene
  2. Blue Team (the space station mission), I’m also guessing this is the mission with the Banshee soace combat
  3. Locke introduction mission (IIRC there was a mining colony mentioned in the Game Informer article)

MERIDIAN
4) Locke goes to Meridian in search of the Chief (Cortana’s ghost said "the Domain is open, Meridian is next)
5) “Flashback” to Chief on Meridian raising the Guardian in the lava?

SANGHELIOS
6) Locke searches for the Arbiter (that desert mission with the Scarab like thing)
7) Sunamion
8) Blue Team on the Guardian, and I think this is where -Yoink- hits the fan and the Domain and the Guardians become a threat
9) Kamchata- the final battle with Jul and capturing Halsey (the last Covenant mission in the game?)

COLONY (from the Chief/Locke trailers)
10) Blue Team reaching the colony and the Guardian destroying it
11) Locke vs Chief in the colony
12) Blue Team vs Guardian boss battle
13) Epilogue cutscene

> 2533274846978810;10:
> > 2533274811804036;7:
> > I’m thinking that the “three worlds”–Sanghelios, Kamchata, Meridian–will be the meat of the campaign, and for each world we get two missions: one from Chief’s perspective, and one from Locke’s perspective. That’s already 6 missions. It seems logical that because Locke is tracking Chief, he will literally be entering the same places where Chief was days, or hours, before (albeit destroyed or what have you, re: “Sunaion” in the E3 demo).
> >
> > Once you consider the notion that 1) true to 343’s form, the first and last levels might be a non-playable Prologue and Epilogue, respectively, and 2) the fact that the second level is Blue Team’s introductory mission on the Argent Moon, as well as the third mission perhaps being Osiris’ introductory mission, and finally 3) apparently the Sanghelios missions are early on in the campaign, the campaign might look like this:
> >
> > 1) Prologue (non-playable)
> > 2) Argent Moon (Blue)
> > 3) Locke’s introductory mission (Osiris)
> > 4) Sanghelios 1 (Blue)
> > 5) Sanghelios 2, possibly Sunaion (Osiris)
> > 6) Kamchata 1 (Blue)
> > 7) Kamchata 2 (Osiris)
> > 8) Meridian 1 (Blue)
> > 9) Meridian 2 (Osiris)
> > 10) Epilogue (non-playable)
> >
> > I’m predicting Meridian will be close to the end because of the significance of ghost Cortana’s quote about it and the Domain.
>
>
> Hmmm. I don’t think it will be much like that. I think most of the game will take place in Sanghelios. Kamchata, like Sunamion, is probably a location on Sanghelios. And there’s also the mission leading up to Locke’s meeting woth the Arbiter. So that’s three Locke missions in Sanghelios. Throw in at least one Chief mission there and that’s a very bug part of the game.
>
> Here’s my guess:
>
> 1) Prologue cutscene
> 2) Blue Team (the space station mission), I’m also guessing this is the mission with the Banshee soace combat
> 3) Locke introduction mission (IIRC there was a mining colony mentioned in the Game Informer article)
>
> MERIDIAN
> 4) Locke goes to Meridian in search of the Chief (Cortana’s ghost said "the Domain is open, Meridian is next)
> 5) “Flashback” to Chief on Meridian raising the Guardian in the lava?
>
> SANGHELIOS
> 6) Locke searches for the Arbiter (that desert mission with the Scarab like thing)
> 7) Sunamion
> 8) Blue Team on the Guardian, and I think this is where -Yoink- hits the fan and the Domain and the Guardians become a threat
> 9) Kamchata- the final battle with Jul and capturing Halsey (the last Covenant mission in the game?)
>
> COLONY (from the Chief/Locke trailers)
> 10) Blue Team reaching the colony and the Guardian destroying it
> 11) Locke vs Chief in the colony
> 12) Blue Team vs Guardian boss battle
> 13) Epilogue cutscene

I like them both. This just got me excited for the game again, even though I was kind of hoping for a little more, but I have no idea how long these missions will be and if there is a few things we haven’t actually seen yet.

> 2533274908138382;11:
> > 2533274846978810;10:
> > > 2533274811804036;7:
> > > I’m thinking that the “three worlds”–Sanghelios, Kamchata, Meridian–will be the meat of the campaign, and for each world we get two missions: one from Chief’s perspective, and one from Locke’s perspective. That’s already 6 missions. It seems logical that because Locke is tracking Chief, he will literally be entering the same places where Chief was days, or hours, before (albeit destroyed or what have you, re: “Sunaion” in the E3 demo).
> > >
> > > Once you consider the notion that 1) true to 343’s form, the first and last levels might be a non-playable Prologue and Epilogue, respectively, and 2) the fact that the second level is Blue Team’s introductory mission on the Argent Moon, as well as the third mission perhaps being Osiris’ introductory mission, and finally 3) apparently the Sanghelios missions are early on in the campaign, the campaign might look like this:
> > >
> > > 1) Prologue (non-playable)
> > > 2) Argent Moon (Blue)
> > > 3) Locke’s introductory mission (Osiris)
> > > 4) Sanghelios 1 (Blue)
> > > 5) Sanghelios 2, possibly Sunaion (Osiris)
> > > 6) Kamchata 1 (Blue)
> > > 7) Kamchata 2 (Osiris)
> > > 8) Meridian 1 (Blue)
> > > 9) Meridian 2 (Osiris)
> > > 10) Epilogue (non-playable)
> > >
> > > I’m predicting Meridian will be close to the end because of the significance of ghost Cortana’s quote about it and the Domain.
> >
> >
> > Hmmm. I don’t think it will be much like that. I think most of the game will take place in Sanghelios. Kamchata, like Sunamion, is probably a location on Sanghelios. And there’s also the mission leading up to Locke’s meeting woth the Arbiter. So that’s three Locke missions in Sanghelios. Throw in at least one Chief mission there and that’s a very bug part of the game.
> >
> > Here’s my guess:
> >
> > 1) Prologue cutscene
> > 2) Blue Team (the space station mission), I’m also guessing this is the mission with the Banshee soace combat
> > 3) Locke introduction mission (IIRC there was a mining colony mentioned in the Game Informer article)
> >
> > MERIDIAN
> > 4) Locke goes to Meridian in search of the Chief (Cortana’s ghost said "the Domain is open, Meridian is next)
> > 5) “Flashback” to Chief on Meridian raising the Guardian in the lava?
> >
> > SANGHELIOS
> > 6) Locke searches for the Arbiter (that desert mission with the Scarab like thing)
> > 7) Sunamion
> > 8) Blue Team on the Guardian, and I think this is where -Yoink- hits the fan and the Domain and the Guardians become a threat
> > 9) Kamchata- the final battle with Jul and capturing Halsey (the last Covenant mission in the game?)
> >
> > COLONY (from the Chief/Locke trailers)
> > 10) Blue Team reaching the colony and the Guardian destroying it
> > 11) Locke vs Chief in the colony
> > 12) Blue Team vs Guardian boss battle
> > 13) Epilogue cutscene
>
>
> I like them both. This just got me excited for the game again, even though I was kind of hoping for a little more, but I have no idea how long these missions will be and if there is a few things we haven’t actually seen yet.

In the interviews they said they’ll be bigger worlds/environments with many paths. Perhaps the missions themselves are longer but the campaign is still short, i.e. 10 missions, 8 of which are actually playable.

dont forget about the ark from the h5 reveal trailer…we still might be goin back

> 2533274803267398;13:
> dont forget about the ark from the h5 reveal trailer…we still might be goin back

For now, it may just have been Meridian

> 2533274803267398;13:
> dont forget about the ark from the h5 reveal trailer…we still might be goin back

I still doubt we will be returning to the ark.

I’m kicking myself because I can’t remember where it was said, but one of the missions for Osiris will take place on Beta Gabriel, the same place Fathom takes place on. This also explains the context of Tanaka’s line, “At least we’re not on the bottom of an ocean.”

So, my personal guess would be:

Beta Gabriel
Meridian
Sanghelios