Campaign starting check point with black screen

So with all the problems that the collection has had since its release I was always able to play the campaign with little problems only plaguing me from time to time but still playable. Now today when I tried to start my game at the last check point I was at it just starts in with a black screen with all the audio and sound effects. The thing is that when paused the screen goes to normal like there is nothing wrong. I was hoping someone else has had this problem since the update and if so what they did to move forward hopefully without starting the level again.

> 2533274794503059;1:
> So with all the problems that the collection has had since its release I was always able to play the campaign with little problems only plaguing me from time to time but still playable. Now today when I tried to start my game at the last check point I was at it just starts in with a black screen with all the audio and sound effects. The thing is that when paused the screen goes to normal like there is nothing wrong. I was hoping someone else has had this problem since the update and if so what they did to move forward hopefully without starting the level again.

I had the same issue when starting from a save point on halo 2. The only thing i can guess is that when i went to play the save point after the patch rolled out, it did this. I cannot confirm on any other campaign. But like you said. It loads up on a black screen. You can use the start menu and see everything but game play wise, its all black. I had to start at the beggining of the level for it to resolve itself.

I do know i had a save on halo 1, and when i started up the game from my save point, it reverted back to the beginning of the mission

I had this issue on Halo 2 as well. All I did to fix the problem was switch between old and new graphics. Hope this helps you as well

Jawsman99 thanks for the information. Going to the older graphics and back to the new ones saved me from having to start over again.