Campaign/SpOps question

I just played my frist episode of Spartan Ops on legendary solo. Is the campaign about the same level of difficulty? I am in no way a pro at halo but I really want the achievement and mark V armor. So just wanted to know if the level of difficulty is about the same or not. Thanks

I would say that they are the same amount of difficulty. But the hard thing is that in Spartan ops if you die the enemies don’t reset, but in campaign you will constantly be reverting to a previous checkpoint and the enemies will be coming back. You can earn the Mark V armor in Co-op so I would suggest having an extra controller off to the side and use this guest to respawn you. This hopefully should make it easier.

> I just played my frist episode of Spartan Ops on legendary solo. Is the campaign about the same level of difficulty? I am in no way a pro at halo but I really want the achievement and mark V armor. So just wanted to know if the level of difficulty is about the same or not. Thanks

enemy strength is roughly the same, yeah, but you also need to realize your perks are not present. MC, during campaign gets:

Weapons
AA’s
Different environments

It’s like doing a Spartan Op’s mission (without vehicles on it) on legendary without any perks at all. I’d recommend using the auto-sentry also if you want to test that out in spartan Op’s, its easily the most useful AA in the campaign, though not always accessible…

They are not even close.

Spartan Ops is geared for a Co-op experience not to mention has an online mindset and a lot of it is copy and paste from MP (weapon disappearing time, ordnance, maps) and campaign (maps, enemies).

So it’s balancing is ridiculous for Solo. I’d like to say that it had the best of both worlds but it really doesn’t.

Whereas the Campaign has far more replayability due to it’s checkpoints and skulls and length of the levels. And of course, you actually get punished for dying.

I would recommend playing the campaign for a few levels on normal or heroic for your first time. If you have trouble, you can ask us for tips or look up guides on youtube.

I hate to say it, but after getting frustrated with the campaign on legendary I played several hours of infinity slayer over the course of a weekend.

When I finally went back to the campaign, I had a much easier time with it. There was a point where the difference was so pronounced that I had to stop and confirm I was still playing on legendary difficulty.

Keep in mind that I’m not very good at multiplayer. The only time I ever feel “Pro” is when I’m playing my Dad… who is 70.

Oh, and he got Halo 4 before I did.

I’m sorry…???

I would say Spartan Ops is much easier. If you die you respawn and lose no progress. In theory, if you’re bad enough you could kill a single enemy each “life” and still beat the level. In Campaign you get sent back to a checkpoint, eliminating progress made after that point.

> I would say Spartan Ops is much easier. If you die you respawn and lose no progress. In theory, if you’re bad enough you could kill a single enemy each “life” and still beat the level. In Campaign you get sent back to a checkpoint, eliminating progress made after that point.

Yup, this right here.

Spartan Ops on legendary is easier than Campaign, but can be more frustrating.

Particularly when you respawn surrounded by a bunch of elite with fuel rod cannons.

So annoying.