Campaign shortness.

The halo campaigns are too short. I beat them in 2 days playing 3 hours at a time i guess.

CE’s campaign is pretty long. And anyways, what the games lack in length, they make up for in story.

Well is quality vs. quantity.
Games are more looked on how they look and multiplayer. Halo CE was only long due to there being no xbox live at the time but as time went by online play was enabled for newer games and campaigns became shorter due to multiplayer maps taking so much data.
I know I said quality vs. quantity at the start well the more detailed a game is the shorter the campaign will be aswell.

So let’s sum up what I said. Campaign is shorter mainly because games have more multiplayer maps and are more detailed.

It really is hard to please everyone. :smiley:

At least for me, CE, ODST and Reach are the only campaigns where I want to really jump into them. H2 and H3 aren’t nearly as fun for me unless I have at least 1 co-op partner.

And as far as length goes, I smoke through CE on Legendary in about the same time as Reach (quickly). H2’s length, I have discovered, mostly comes from waiting and watching things needlessly move and not due to combat. The cutscenes do help give the illusion of length too I suppose. And I didn’t like the directing of 2 or 3 that much.

CE’s Jenkin’s chip scene is one I am glad they continued the essence of through most of Reach. Almost BSG-like.

And all though length is good, girth is something to consider. As I have said, I enjoy the replay value of CE, ODST and Reach much more than Halo2 and 3. The execution of the former just makes the overall experience more fun for me.

You know… it’s about leaving them wanting more and at least every Halo did that for just about everyone (for better or for worse lol).

I would like to have an FPS that gives me 15 hrs of play minimum (you know, 14:57:56 would be the world record speed run), but beyond an FPS style RPG, I can’t think of a game that does that without expansion packs (hint hint).

I find that all of the campaigns are about equally replayable. And I am doing exactly that now, as I venture further into my marathon. I am playing all six games in chronological order.

That’s more fun than a Star Wars weekend. But only because of the changes made to the DVD versions of IV-VI :smiley:

Haha, of course :smiley: I am currently on the fourth level of CE. I already beat Wars and Reach. After CE I will play the beginning of 2, then my favorite, ODST, then the rest of 2 and 3. Its really fun, and really brings you into the story more than playing any one given campaign could.

I do say that I enjoyed the halo campaigns fully.
My last post in this thread was only to explain why in general camapigns were getting shorter.

> I do say that I enjoyed the halo campaigns fully.
> My last post in this thread was only to explain why in general camapigns were getting shorter.

I know, I was just agreeing with you, and then going on to state that I love them enough to do that marathon :slight_smile:

Yea marathons a great game. Enjoyed the campaign of it very much.
But I prefer halo a tiny bit more.

By Marathon I meant a marathon of all the Halo game sin order :smiley:

But I do have Marathon Durandal on my XBox. Pretty cool game, hard though.

My mistake though I did do a Halo Canon Marathon a few times.

bstnsx09 Are we the only one talking it’s like a conversation though a online chat here.

Haha, I guess so. The forums aren’t very crowed right now I guess :slight_smile:

Well that’s an idea for the forums a chat system but it would be abused if not moderated properly.

Back on topic. halo ODST is my fav game because of mombassa streets because its so big. Even though if you played it seriously you wouldn’t be on it for long.

> Well that’s an idea for the forums a chat system but it would be abused if not moderated properly. Back on topic. halo ODST is my fav game because of mombassa streets because its so big. Even though if you played it seriously you wouldn’t be on it for long.

I liked the Mombasa streets as well because it gave you a chance to explore rather than jumping from the end of a mission to another.

Ever heard of bumping its a trick on mombassa streets that let’s you explore some dark area that are closed off with shield doors.
Really fun to try out.

> Ever heard of bumping its a trick on mombassa streets that let’s you explore some dark area that are closed off with shield doors. Really fun to try out.

I have not. What is it?

Idk about you guys, but halo 3 got me hooked (laughs in corner). I mean i played it over and over and i could say this 30 times !!! Yeah Ce was pretty great, but hard. Personally halo 3 got me into this universe.

> The halo campaigns are too short. I beat them in 2 days playing 3 hours at a time i guess.

Well you have to consider the times when CE and H2 came out compared to the other Halo games. The 1st 2 were during a time when mm wasnt a common thing. Campaign at that time is what sold the game. These days any fps needs to have a strong mm or it fails big time. The other factor is the much shorter time tables game devs are given to bring the games out. My hope is that when 343 does the next Halo game they give us a larger campaign and a good mm.

Bumpinng is when you load an area in mombassa streets then load another area then go back to the area you loaded then in that area there should be no items, doors or even covenant.
Though it’s hard to preform first time it helps if you want to explore dark area’s and building you couldn’t enter before.