Campaign Scoring

The lack of campaign scoring in Halo 4 was pretty upsetting, as it took away a lot of the replay value, for me at least. Would you like to see it return?

I never opposed the scoring in campaign, I thought it was a cool concept. But the removal of the scoring never really upset me. I just care about the story, could care less about the score personally. However I guess the concept is still a good idea and I’m sure lots of people would like to take advantage of it.

I agree. I’m not losing sleep at night over it, but it is definitely missed when replaying the campaign.

> I never opposed the scoring in campaign, I thought it was a cool concept. But the removal of the scoring never really upset me. I just care about the story, could care less about the score personally. However I guess the concept is still a good idea and I’m sure lots of people would like to take advantage of it.

It is because of the developer’s bias towards forging and forcing their own story on the consumer that Halo has taken a cinematic direction which in turn has sacrificed many valuable elements of gameplay.

Let’s not take the Spartan Ops/Spartan Assault route…

> Early on, the Bungie crew came up with a mantra that would eventually guide all aspects of Halo gameplay: “30 seconds of fun.” The idea was to have Halo repeatedly immerse players in hectic battles that would last for half a minute — just long enough to create heart-thumping chaos and the risk of death — before offering a respite. Meanwhile, each level would also include scripted cinematic scenes to push the story forward. <mark>It was a subtle but deeply pleasing balancing act: Halo neither bored people with overly long storytelling animations nor numbed them with pointless fighting.</mark>

I liked campaign scoring and commendations, that’s why I played Reach campaign so much, but with both of those lacking in Halo 4, I just completed the campaign on each difficulty solo and 1 time heroic co-op and haven’t been back to it. I would like for both of those features to return in the next retail Halo.

PvE scoring should be a given.