Campaign or Multiplayer First?

What will you play first?
Usually I like to go into multiplayer first and check out the menus a bit and play a single game or maybe two to get used to movement. Then I will go straight into campaign and play for at least 3 hours.

It needs both modes to survive. You cannot have a Halo game with just one of them.

The Halo storyline is always what I play first

> 2533274806427910;2:
> It needs both modes to survive. You cannot have a Halo game with just one of them.

I was referring to which of the two absolutely essential modes you will be playing first, providing you will be buying Halo 5.

I will almost certainly play the campaign first. Complete priority there.

Then it’s Forge.

And then, finally, after 18+ hours of continuous Forging, it’s time for some Matchmaking.

> 2533274909886232;4:
> > 2533274806427910;2:
> > It needs both modes to survive. You cannot have a Halo game with just one of them.
>
>
> I was referring to which of the two absolutely essential modes you will be playing first, providing you will be buying Halo 5.

My mistake. Just that I have seen so many threads regarding the two. Campaign, as always.

I always play the story before everything else.

I always play the campaign first, in any game I buy. Multiplayer is an ongoing career, single player is something you play all the way through once in a couple of days then go back to when you feel like it.

Campaign, always campaign.

Campaign !

I like to get a head start with multiplayer, so when my friends are finally finished with the campaign, I get to be able to kick their yoinkholes. It’s the exact same story with Halo Reach and Halo 4, although those games sucked. I really love it whenever I’m hosting an FFA lobby with 8-10 people, and I’m always number 1 on top, with everyone either cheering me on or raging like there’s no tomorrow. I also love it when everyone’s telling me to be on their team, even to the point of people arguing with each other, because whenever I used to play, the fate of the match always depended on whose team I was on. Nowadays this isn’t the case sadly, as for a set amount of the time I was fairly inactive within the Halo community (causing me to suck horribly when I returned), but than, those were such great times. Very nostalgic for me, despite Halo Reach and Halo 4 being awful games, I still do have very fond memories of being with my friends, and that’s the only reason I haven’t scorched my copy of Halo 4: the great memories I have. I feel this is what keeps me being a loyal Halo fan, no matter how many times they yoink up.

> 2533275027956921;11:
> I like to get a head start with multiplayer, so when my friends are finally finished with the campaign, I get to be able to kick their yoinkholes. It’s the exact same story with Halo Reach and Halo 4, although those games sucked. I really love it whenever I’m hosting an FFA lobby with 8-10 people, and I’m always number 1 on top, with everyone either cheering me on or raging like there’s no tomorrow. I also love it when everyone’s telling me to be on their team, even to the point of people arguing with each other, because whenever I used to play, the fate of the match always depended on whose team I was on. Nowadays this isn’t the case sadly, as for a set amount of the time I was fairly inactive within the Halo community (causing me to suck horribly when I returned), but than, those were such great times. Very nostalgic for me, despite Halo Reach and Halo 4 being awful games, I still do have very fond memories of being with my friends, and that’s the only reason I haven’t scorched my copy of Halo 4: the great memories I have. I feel this is what keeps me being a loyal Halo fan, no matter how many times they yoink up.

Your huge level of confidence is both inspiring and misplaced, because any of my friends and I would make you look like a total random.

Campaign is the first thing I want to experience in any game.

Campaign, I always finish campaign, then divide time between co-op, competitive, and replaying campaign depending on the day

It’s always campign first for me. Usually I start on normal so I can look around and see whats new. And I play it for about 3-5 missions. Then I play a few matches before getting some rest for the next day. This is what I do when I get Halo on midnight release. Then when I play the next time. I start the story over on legendary.

1st thing I do is load up the story and run it start to finish. Will usually do it over a few nights, as I like to explore as much as I can and take things in. Halo 4 I actually started out with BTB in multiplayer - I got the game a day early and wanted to wait to co-op with my friend. With Halo 5, I might end up doing the same. Depends on if I’ll be running campaign solo initially, or going all out 4-player co-op :smiley:

I always play the campaign first. But I’ve already played these first :stuck_out_tongue:

I might just go straight to multiplayer and get my rocks off, then take H2A campaign for a spin.

> 2533274844683829;12:
> > 2533275027956921;11:
> > I like to get a head start with multiplayer, so when my friends are finally finished with the campaign, I get to be able to kick their yoinkholes. It’s the exact same story with Halo Reach and Halo 4, although those games sucked. I really love it whenever I’m hosting an FFA lobby with 8-10 people, and I’m always number 1 on top, with everyone either cheering me on or raging like there’s no tomorrow. I also love it when everyone’s telling me to be on their team, even to the point of people arguing with each other, because whenever I used to play, the fate of the match always depended on whose team I was on. Nowadays this isn’t the case sadly, as for a set amount of the time I was fairly inactive within the Halo community (causing me to suck horribly when I returned), but than, those were such great times. Very nostalgic for me, despite Halo Reach and Halo 4 being awful games, I still do have very fond memories of being with my friends, and that’s the only reason I haven’t scorched my copy of Halo 4: the great memories I have. I feel this is what keeps me being a loyal Halo fan, no matter how many times they yoink up.
>
>
>
> Your huge level of confidence is both inspiring and misplaced, because any of my friends and I would make you look like a total random.

Nowadays yes, because of reasons I’ve already explained in the previous posts. But back then, I was fairly good. Don’t misjudge my post, I was not stating that I used to be the best Halo player of all time, if anything I was only the best in a group of around 500 or so people. I was only reflecting on my nostalgia, and the great times I had on Halo Reach and Halo 4. No need to disrespect/trashtalk me over something so small bro. You’re acting as if Halo is the only skillful game out there, so even if I’m no longer good at it, I moved onto different games so my lack of Halo prowess isn’t a really good way to judge my gaming skill as a whole.

And before you try to trashtalk me again stating something about my KD, I only had this account for a relatively short period of time. My old account had way superior stats, but sadly it got hacked and I don’t even know if it still has the same gamertag.

Campaign IS the game. It’s what Halo is. Multiplayer is just a bonus mode.

> 2533274900762734;19:
> Campaign IS the game. It’s what Halo is. Multiplayer is just a bonus mode.

Say what now? Both modes receive equal attention from the development team, that and Multiplayer can last over 500x the length of Campaign. There’s simply more to Multiplayer than you there is to Campaign, and I mean that literally. Campaign is always the same point A to point B experience, while Multiplayer varies a lot more.