Campaign Modding?

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to get banned if you mod the SinglePlayer Campaign?

I know modding is bad, but I heard it’s okay as long if it is the Campaign and if it’s not affecting anyone else which it isn’t.

Cheers.

Nobody was ever banned for it in Reach as far as i know.

It would depend on the modding method methinks, I know MS is pretty ban-happy about hardware mods…

Personally if there was a way for me to tweak weapon ammo levels for campaign (giving AR 352 reserve instead of 224, Shotgun up to 30, etc etc) without getting banned and gamerscore reset I might consider it myself. As it stands ammo runs out way too fast…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.

No idea, but I’ve never understood why modding is so discouraged.

Who gives a -Yoink- if some guy has a forge map with a pelican or a million shade turrets in it. It’s not hurting anyone.

There’s a difference between hacking with the intention of cheating at the game, and modding new content in. Modders shouldn’t be punished in my opinion.

> No idea, but I’ve never understood why modding is so discouraged.
>
> Who gives a -Yoink!- if some guy has a forge map with a pelican or a million shade turrets in it. It’s not hurting anyone.
>
> There’s a difference between hacking with the intention of cheating at the game, and modding new content in. Modders shouldn’t be punished in my opinion.

Agreed but the problems really start when somebody brings their mods into matchmaking. If it were up to me I’d view it okay as long as it was restricted to Campaign/Custom Games. Spartan Ops…maybe, dunno about that one as it’s partially matchmaking but on the other hand it’s just co-op.

The official word on this is ‘no modding for you’.

I disagree with that approach but that is the response you’re going to get.

Any kind of modding is against the various contracts that you agree to when you use Xbox LIVE, and can potentially get you banned from the services.

To avoid getting banned by these ban happy mods I’ll say do not mod the campaign.

That said, the matchmaking servers do not receive any information on your campaign play. All of it is played on your console and then written to your player-card which is sent to the server for an update.

The only info sent is number of kills and levels complete etc.

You modding your ammo, health, anything else in no way will be picked up by any server or get you banned. It has never happened and never will. Hell ‘people’ have been doing this since launch and no-one period has ever been banned for modding 127 grenades of each, 32767 ammo etc,infinite health, having damage boosts.

But again. Don’t mod the campaign online. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know it’s bad, and obviously I’m not going to use anything in multiplayer.
I was only planning to use Infinite Ammo and Invincible For Campaign.
I’m not using it to get the achievements as I’ve got the all legit.
I just want to mess around in campaign.