Campaign MM?

Maybe I’m late to the party… or maybe it’s because the campaign was one and done for me (there’s a few levels I’ll replay from time to time…) - but why isn’t there Matchmaking for campaign again? Like, pick the level you want, set difficulty, press start and get linked up with 3 available players…

-would actually make the campaign replay-able
-good way to meet new people and form fire-teams
-skull / intel / legendary runs
-you actually get to see the other, awesome HUD’s 343 made for the other 6 spartans (why they’re not part of the visor customization section is beyond me…)

I wish 343 would consider this. Probably too late to do anything about it now. Here’s to hoping its in Halo 6!

It could work together with the mm preferences into making some game lobbies like legendary runs and it could help those who are as skilled get through the campaign. Speaking from past experience legendary was impossible for me to do when I was younger it would have been great if someone could just randomly help me with it.

It’d be neat to have campaign scoring with this.

I remember seeing somewhere that 343 didn’t implement it because of the bad feedback from when Reach had it. That too many players would just go there just to mess with players and not actually play the game.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> I remember seeing somewhere that 343 didn’t implement it because of the bad feedback from when Reach had it. That too many players would just go there just to mess with players and not actually play the game.

There were problems with it Reach, sure, but it was also great fun a lot of the time. One thing that really made me love the Reach campaign was that I could play cooperatively with other people, lacking RL friends who own(ed) xboxes I didn’t get many opportunities to do this without that feature, it made me inclined to play the campaign a lot more, and was a great time sink.

People complain about things like infection in Halo 5, I agree it is frustrating, but we got it in the end, and they clearly put a lot of work into it, why don’t we complain more about MM campaign, after all unless we do we are unlikely to see it at all.

> 2614366390845858;1:
> Maybe I’m late to the party… or maybe it’s because the campaign was one and done for me (there’s a few levels I’ll replay from time to time…) - but why isn’t there Matchmaking for campaign again? Like, pick the level you want, set difficulty, press start and get linked up with 3 available players…
>
> -would actually make the campaign replay-able
> -good way to meet new people and form fire-teams
> -skull / intel / legendary runs
> -you actually get to see the other, awesome HUD’s 343 made for the other 6 spartans (why they’re not part of the visor customization section is beyond me…)

This would be fantastic, I would be there in a heartbeat!!!

> 2533274863583587;6:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> > I remember seeing somewhere that 343 didn’t implement it because of the bad feedback from when Reach had it. That too many players would just go there just to mess with players and not actually play the game.
>
>
> There were problems with it Reach, sure, but it was also great fun a lot of the time. One thing that really made me love the Reach campaign was that I could play cooperatively with other people, lacking RL friends who own(ed) xboxes I didn’t get many opportunities to do this without that feature, it made me inclined to play the campaign a lot more, and was a great time sink.
>
> People complain about things like infection in Halo 5, I agree it is frustrating, but we got it in the end, and they clearly put a lot of work into it, why don’t we complain more about MM campaign, after all unless we do we are unlikely to see it at all.

Very true. Squeaky wheel gets the grease… I’d forgotten about the Reach thing - yea I can see that as being an annoyance for sure, but shouldn’t be a reason to exclude the feature all together in future titles IMO.

I heard people were against it because of trollers. If there was a matchmaking for campaign, it should be a team effort to maximize points as much as possible without dying, and then your teammates will receive that amount without it being divided.

> 2535409103705542;9:
> I heard people were against it because of trollers. If there was a matchmaking for campaign, it should be a team effort to maximize points as much as possible without dying, and then your teammates will receive that amount without it being divided.

Maybe there would be RP rewards upon completion? Perhaps that would provide incentive to ‘not troll’. Maybe campaign challenges that are tailored to each mission, similar to Reach’s system except RP is the payout.

> 2533274882946587;2:
> I wish 343 would consider this. Probably too late to do anything about it now. Here’s to hoping its in Halo 6!

It’s never too late! I was actually looking forward to this and was very disappointed to find that this wasn’t an option in the game. Cry cry :frowning:

Because 343i is lazy, plan and simple and they must not thought of it as a big deal.