Campaign Mission: Infinity problems

I’m experiencing a bug while playing the mission Infinity on Campaign. When I get to rally point charlie (3) the game freezes for a few minutes, then changes to a black screen with the white writing in the corner, and then it takes me back to the halo home screen, but I can’t do anything on the home screen until the intro music starts to play.

I tried the level on solo, co-op with me hosting and co-op with the other playing hosting, but after multiple tries, nothing works. I’ve also tried it with skulls on and skulls off but like I said, nothing works.

I’ve completed the 7/8 levels on Legendary Campaign and Infinity is the only one that hasn’t shown it completed.

I should be able to complete the level but I have no idea why I can’t?!

I’d try the usual Clear Xbox Cache (System setting -> choose your harddrive -> Y (or X or something - it says on screen) to clear cache) or just try googling for actual info.

Is the game installed? Uninstall it.
Game not installed? Install it.
Delete profile -> Redownload it.
Delete disc 2 -> Reinstall it.
Delete all DLC (reinstall after you try infinity).

I wouldn’t bother doing all those things at once, thats the rough order I’d attempt them in.

Arbiter, are you still experiencing this issue?

yes
*edit
can i also say that i’m experiencing another problem? every monday when the new releases come out they always reset my loudouts, so i’m always having to create all my loudouts again every week.

And were you able to go through the community member suggested steps?

Were you also able to check if there were any yellow “!” marked files on your hard drive?

My xbox does not have a hard drive.

> My xbox does not have a hard drive.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that you need a hard drive to play Halo 4. I very well could be mistaken, however, so I’d wait for the response from the Forum Team.

> > My xbox does not have a hard drive.
>
> I may be mistaken, but I believe that you need a hard drive to play Halo 4. I very well could be mistaken, however, so I’d wait for the response from the Forum Team.

According to this:

you need at least a 8 Gig Flash Drive (i.e .USB 2 or 3 stick) to play H4 if you don’t have a Hard Drive. If you are going to buy one, I’d get a 16 gig and then all the patches / dlc content can go on it too.

I suspect that the real issue is a damaged H4 DVD disk and that a particular sector isn’t loading up, which is why it repeatedly dies at the start of Charlie 3.

HTH…

> > > My xbox does not have a hard drive.
> >
> > I may be mistaken, but I believe that you need a hard drive to play Halo 4. I very well could be mistaken, however, so I’d wait for the response from the Forum Team.
>
> According to this:
>
> Halo 4 Multiplayer Requires 8GB Memory - IGN
>
> you need at least a 8 Gig Flash Drive (i.e .USB 2 or 3 stick) to play H4 if you don’t have a Hard Drive. If you are going to buy one, I’d get a 16 gig and then all the patches / dlc content can go on it too.
>
> I suspect that the real issue is a damaged H4 DVD disk and that a particular sector isn’t loading up, which is why it repeatedly dies at the start of Charlie 3.
>
> HTH…

Thank you for your response. I also thought that I couldn’t play the game without a hard drive, but I seriously do not have one and have been able to play it. When I first got the game in December of 2012 I completed the whole campaign on easy, successfully.

It’s only now, when I try to play it on various difficulties with another play and solo, I can’t complete it as it crashes as I go through the cave leading to the last part of Infinity. It also crashes after the pelican pick up when the screen goes black.

I’d rather not buy a hard drive if that’s the problem, I just hope the Forum Team have an idea of what’s going on.

> Thank you for your response. I also thought that I couldn’t play the game without a hard drive, but I seriously do not have one and have been able to play it. When I first got the game in December of 2012 I completed the whole campaign on easy, successfully.
>
> It’s only now, when I try to play it on various difficulties with another play and solo, I can’t complete it as it crashes as I go through the cave leading to the last part of Infinity. It also crashes after the pelican pick up when the screen goes black.
>
> I’d rather not buy a hard drive if that’s the problem, I just hope the Forum Team have an idea of what’s going on.

Likely the reason your choices get reset weekly is because of the no hard drive issue and no free space. There isn’t enough RAM on your console to keep that data and do the weekly update, so it delest it.

And you don’t need a real hard drive for your console. A USB 2 stick with 8 to 16 gig of space can be picked up for < $10. You insert the USB2 stick into your Xbox USB 2 port, reformat the drive (on the console) to make it Xbox Storage compatible, install the game onto that stick and then when the game launches, it loads up off there.

HTH…

Are you able to try with a USB, it does sound like it may be a space issue causing the crashes if you were able to play beforehand.

I always have my usb stick in my xbox. I usually select my xbox console as the device I save on. I’ll try with the usb stick with 5x more mb free and see if that works.

Keep us updated on the issue!

I tried using the device with 550mb and completed the level Infinity, but it again froze after completion and took me back to the main screen and still says 7/8 missions completed on legendary. :frowning: