Campaign Mission 2 Crash to desktop

Maybe this is just a problem of mine, but anyway:
I’m playing the game on PC and on “Mission 2: A new enemy”, after you get your base, Isabel says something about Decimus and making him pay, Jerome speaks and the moment he finishes saying “Let’s get going” or something like that, the game crashes to desktop without warning. I thought maybe it was graphics related or something, so I messed around changing configurations and modes, but the result was still the same. Then I thought maybe it was the difficulty for some reason, but no it wasn’t that either. I also went through the pain that was downloading the game again, but to no avail.

I don’t know what else to do, I can play skirmish and blitz (even though I’ve only done firefight) without crashes since the last patch and just with some desync problems at times, I want to at least be able to finish the campaign but I can’t get past that point for unknown reasons.

Has this happened to someone else? Should I redownload the whole thing again just in case?

Could you please list your PC specifications for me. A DXDIAG would be the most helpful, but if not if you could give the following information it will help to debug this.

Video Card and Driver version
Processor
Operating System and version
Ram type and amount
Version of title

Also, have you restarted the mission? Are you loading a save game file to try and get past this? Are you doing anything prior to the line of Jerome such as selecting units, cycling through them, opening menus/radials, or anything you can think of that would help narrow down a repro case for us? Thank you!

I just retried the mission from a save game just to see what would happen one last time. I accidentaly moved the mouse to the edge of the screen to come write here and then the camera went all the way to the edge of the map, then Jerome said his line, but the game didn’t crash and it went on normally. I saved the game and reloaded from the previous save and this time left the camera on the base, the game crashed. I really don’t know what to say, maybe there’s something going on in the base that made it crash or maybe it’s just only my case in the end. I’ll fill the list down here, though, just in case.

PC Laptop Alienware 17
Video Card and Driver version
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M
-Geforce Game Ready Driver 378.66
Processor

• Intel(R) Core™ i7-4910MQ CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
    Operating System and version
    -Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
    Ram type and amount
  • Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Version of title
    -The latest, there are no more updates available.

And yes I restarted the mission a few times and well, it seems the only thing of note I was doing all those times it crashed was just look at the base.

I guess it is kind of fixed now or something for me with that strange workaround.