Campaign Matchmaking?

Well, as 343 (hopefully) knows, not all of us have Halo-Loving friends, or ones that play at the same time. I know I could just go to a thread and find someone to play the campaign with, but that takes awhile. I was just wondering (since I’m kind-of new on the curve of Halo 4 features/etc.), will there be Campaign Matchmaking? I’d love it if it could pair me up with a certain number of players on a certain difficulty (skulls might be a little problematic, but I’m sure there could be some kind-of vote system). This would be a nice feature. I doubt 343 looks at threads here, but if this WAS confirmed, do post here, and enlighten the Halo n00b.

it is a definite that there will be co-op but campaign matchmaking wasn’t that big in reach and if a game mode like grifball isn’t returning then campaign MM will most likely not

I’m sure it’ll be in, as well as Spartan Ops matchmaking. But that’s about it, as they’re going for more streamlined playlists, and less clutter like in Reach, for example; they had like six different Firefight playlists which is ridiculous.

> I’m sure it’ll be in, as well as Spartan Ops matchmaking. But that’s about it, as they’re going for more streamlined playlists, and less clutter like in Reach, for example; they had like six different Firefight playlists which is ridiculous.

I agree like anniversary firefight was only for people who wanted to play that map. it was a waste of a playlist and ultimately should have been merged with normal FF matchmaking

> > I’m sure it’ll be in, as well as Spartan Ops matchmaking. But that’s about it, as they’re going for more streamlined playlists, and less clutter like in Reach, for example; they had like six different Firefight playlists which is ridiculous.
>
> I agree like anniversary firefight was only for people who wanted to play that map. it was a waste of a playlist and ultimately should have been merged with normal FF matchmaking

They should’ve all just been merged together. Four players, classic Firefight.

Like ‘Firefight doubles’, really? It’s like Bungie wanted to cause playlist fragmentation and depopulation.

There will be both Campaign and SOps matchmaking playlist.

> > > I’m sure it’ll be in, as well as Spartan Ops matchmaking. But that’s about it, as they’re going for more streamlined playlists, and less clutter like in Reach, for example; they had like six different Firefight playlists which is ridiculous.
> >
> > I agree like anniversary firefight was only for people who wanted to play that map. it was a waste of a playlist and ultimately should have been merged with normal FF matchmaking
>
> They should’ve all just been merged together. Four players, classic Firefight.
>
> Like ‘Firefight doubles’, really? It’s like Bungie wanted to cause playlist fragmentation and depopulation.

yea in the end there should have been only 3 and that was. firefight. Doubles. and score attack

I hope its in, but from my experience with reach people you find in campaign mm arent always the best to play with for many reasons. But if you still need someone to play co-op with when the game drops I’v got one buddy I play with and my gf usually tags along for the campaign, it would be nice to have a full squad for a change.

> > > > I’m sure it’ll be in, as well as Spartan Ops matchmaking. But that’s about it, as they’re going for more streamlined playlists, and less clutter like in Reach, for example; they had like six different Firefight playlists which is ridiculous.
> > >
> > > I agree like anniversary firefight was only for people who wanted to play that map. it was a waste of a playlist and ultimately should have been merged with normal FF matchmaking
> >
> > They should’ve all just been merged together. Four players, classic Firefight.
> >
> > Like ‘Firefight doubles’, really? It’s like Bungie wanted to cause playlist fragmentation and depopulation.
>
> yea in the end there should have been only 3 and that was. firefight. Doubles. and score attack

I think three is still too much for one, you could call it, gametype.

Slayer shouldn’t have had a tonne of playlists either. Reach’s playlists were just so poorly handled. Halo 3 usually had around fourteen playlists, Reach had twenty four. I’m glad they’re going to be more streamlined in Halo 4 like in Halo 3.

However, I hope they keep certain playlists, like Living Dead, to keep that large fanbase happy, that they’ve built up.

well personally i dont see halo 4 in matchmaking. i dont know. it sems more like a single player campaign to me. Welll fomr some missions anyway. How about if there is matchmaing for campaign let it be that the party leader or higest ranked it master chief while the others are his spartan 4 teammates. or just keeep it the same. its beeen a while since two or more people got to play as the same person.

> it is a definite that there will be co-op but campaign matchmaking wasn’t that big in reach and if a game mode like grifball isn’t returning then campaign MM will most likely not

we it would be nice because sometimes you just cant get anyone to play SP with you so it will be nice to have. i have used it before and it was good except the Friendly Fire trolls did ruin it. remove FF in Campaign and you should be fine with COOP

I never really liked campaign matchmaking. If I’m not by myself or with friends, I don’t have as much fun. Also, it was usually a giant lag-fest. I don’t think it’s been confirmed in Halo 4, yet, but I wouldn’t mind if it didn’t return.