Campaign Length

I’m hoping for a longer campaign with etheir more missions or some missions with longer playtime. I’m also excited forSpartan Ops has it has campaign like aspects tied into it.

How long do you think Halo 4’s campaign will be compared to previous Halo titles?

I hope it will be the length of Halo CE/2. The rest were short as hell compared to them.

I hope its very long.
I don’t want it to be short.

One really stupid thing I noticed about Halo CE is its tendency to literally copy and paste the exact same hallways and areas to just extend the length of the game. This was hapening so frequently that I sometimes got borred at these repetative sections and just wanted them to end. That didn’t really happen in Reach, or (I think) Halo 3, yet they were both shorter games.

Quality is definitely better than quantity, in this case.

> I hope it will be the length of Halo CE/2. The rest were short as hell compared to them.

Took the words right out of my brain.

halo 2 both had quality and quantity…it was the best campaign to me

Longer as or more than Halo 2 and no one get hurt.

The lenght of CE but with the exploration of halo 2 like Sh1n1ng Wolf said not repataive like CE with same landscape all time.
but can only hope as game is finished!!!

1 word: Cairo Station.

You were held up in both hangar fights. You couldn’t skip either of them.

And it gets worse: your allies kamikaze themselves, there’s no sneaking around like in the T&R boarding battle, and cover isn’t as convenient as the Crow’s Nest hangar battle.

That part alone contributed to the mission length.

The best ways to complete it:

-grenade sticks from cover
-rush in, grenades, noob combo, button combos
-sword & black eye like a god
-Johnson

hopefully when you do Co-op during the cutscenes it will show all players like it did in halo 3, whereas in halo reach it was just your player regardless of it being co-op or not.

LONG and HARD …

Fill in joke _____________!

> One really stupid thing I noticed about Halo CE is its tendency to literally copy and paste the exact same hallways and areas to just extend the length of the game. This was hapening so frequently that I sometimes got borred at these repetative sections and just wanted them to end. That didn’t really happen in Reach, or (I think) Halo 3, yet they were both shorter games.
>
> Quality is definitely better than quantity, in this case.

Well technically, you actually just did most of the levels in reverse halfway through. Still, when it came out, it was probably the most technically advanced game available.

> One really stupid thing I noticed about Halo CE is its tendency to literally copy and paste the exact same hallways and areas to just extend the length of the game. This was hapening so frequently that I sometimes got borred at these repetative sections and just wanted them to end. That didn’t really happen in Reach, or (I think) Halo 3, yet they were both shorter games.

There’s a reason for that, both fictionally and in reality; Bungie had an enormous crunch session on Halo CE, with most of the content made in like a 6 or 7 month gap. So I assume that’s why some of the level design was repeated.

Fictionally, John had to disable Halo’s firing mechanisms, attempt to save Keyes and then destroy the Autumn, revisiting previous areas as a means to tie up loose ends from earlier in the game. Like how the final level of the trilogy was essentially a -Yoink- shorter version of AotControl Room.

And btw, Halo 3’s Floodgate was a retread of the previous level, The Storm, in the opposite direction with some geometry removed as a result of the Ark portal opening. Not to mentioned Crow’s Nest being one big rinse and repeat mission. One of the reasons why it wasn’t that good.

I hope Halo 4’s Campaign is at least 10 levels long. 10 seems like a good number after CE’s standard and H3’s disappointing climax at 9.

> hopefully when you do Co-op during the cutscenes it will show all players like it did in halo 3, whereas in halo reach it was just your player regardless of it being co-op or not.

In H3 co-op cutscenes it was just John and Thel. The other two Elites were never included in cutscenes.

Seeing two Johns in a H4 cutscene would be stupid, so I hope that doesn’t happen.

As far as I remember, at least somewhere near the start of Halo 4’s announcement and explaination, is that Halo 4’s Single Player would be twice as long and in depth as Halo 3 on Legendary mode.

Now add Spartan-Ops to that, which is said to be as long and in-depth as Single Player.

And a very fruitful multiplayer to that as well…were looking at quite the scope of players who will never see the light of day again XD

Sounds like a lot of energy is going into multiplayer and Spartan Ops… And let’s face it, these are no longer the N64 days.

But I love Halo, and I have FAITH.

I hope it’s a LONG campaign. However, I think it will check in at the normal Halo campaign length, with Spartan Ops to make up for the length of the campaign otherwise.

Halo 2 was the best nuff said.

I’m hoping for 14 to 15 missions. Maybe 16 or 17.

> As far as I remember, at least somewhere near the start of Halo 4’s announcement and explaination, is that Halo 4’s Single Player would be twice as long and in depth as Halo 3 on Legendary mode.
>
> Now add Spartan-Ops to that, which is said to be as long and in-depth as Single Player.
>
> And a very fruitful multiplayer to that as well…were looking at quite the scope of players who will never see the light of day again XD

Exactly, I won’t even have time to pee. D: