Campaign Ideas you would like to see 343i Tackle

There are so many topics about what people want in the next Halo’s multiplayer, but not as many about the (in my opinion) most important part of the game: The Campaign.

Anyways, we all know that, eventually, Halo 4 with the Chief will be coming out. I feel that this is kind of unnecessary, though it could work if done right. The Chief’s story is done, and he is not the most important part of Halo, so we really don’t need to see him again. Still, like I said, I think it could work if done correctly. And so far, I have faith in 343i…

Before tackling something as big as Halo 4, though, I would love to see more spin-offs like Halo Wars or expansions like ODST (my favorite game in the series). They would let 343i get settled in before jumping into something so huge.

Also, I definitely want more non-FPS games like Wars. Halo could work brilliantly in so many genres.

Global war!!! If they make a Halo it would be sssssoooo awesome if it had a Star Wars Battlefront style game.

Would definitely like another ODST type thing

Halo 2 campaign remastered

> Would definitely like another ODST type thing

Most certainly agree!

> > Would definitely like another ODST type thing
>
> Most certainly agree!

Agreed 100% That was my favorite game in the series. 343 should do an expansion to Reach similar to ODST. maybe Covenant perspective, or marines…or if they really want to change things up, Dr. Halsey

Dr Halsey would be fun!!!

I would love anothe ODST styled game where the campaign is set all throughout the war. You and your squad fight on numerous planets, each one being eventualy overrun and destoyed, getting pushed back further and futher as you go on, losing friends in the process. Something like this could really achieve the daker feel that Reach failed to give us, as well as expand a relatively undeveloped part of the lore.

> I would love anothe ODST styled game where the campaign is set all throughout the war. You and your squad fight on numerous planets, each one being eventualy overrun and destoyed, getting pushed back further and futher as you go on, losing friends in the process. Something like this could really achieve the daker feel that Reach failed to give us, as well as expand a relatively undeveloped part of the lore.

minus the part of Reach failing, I completely agree with you. Sounds like it could be a really cool idea.

How about a remake of CE using the Reach engine?

New Armor, maps, graphics ect… But all with “Reach” assets set against CE’s sound track and story?

Could even use this to expand the multi-player, since it would be a new game and all…

> How about a remake of CE using the Reach engine?
>
> New Armor, maps, graphics ect… But all with “Reach” assets set against CE’s sound track and story?
>
> Could even use this to expand the multi-player, since it would be a new game and all…

If there is a CE remake, all I want is updated graphics and maybe online. Gameplay should stay the same as it was in 2001.

> > How about a remake of CE using the Reach engine?
> >
> > New Armor, maps, graphics ect… But all with “Reach” assets set against CE’s sound track and story?
> >
> > Could even use this to expand the multi-player, since it would be a new game and all…
>
> If there is a CE remake, all I want is updated graphics and maybe online. Gameplay should stay the same as it was in 2001.

I dunno, I kinda like Guywiired’s idea. I agree they should focus on the graphics and online, but new armor sounds fun…

> > How about a remake of CE using the Reach engine?
> >
> > New Armor, maps, graphics ect… But all with “Reach” assets set against CE’s sound track and story?
> >
> > Could even use this to expand the multi-player, since it would be a new game and all…
>
> If there is a CE remake, all I want is updated graphics and maybe online. Gameplay should stay the same as it was in 2001.

I can’t argue with that!

I was in the “spin-offs” frame of mind. Like the way ODST used the H3 engine.

It would be nice to see more of Buck’s history, but any ODST style game would be awesome.

> It would be nice to see more of Buck’s history, but any ODST style game would be awesome.

Bucks story should be implemented into a campaign DLC for Halo: Reach. Halo 4 should tackle the Forunners story and the Flood. John and Cortana are they methods 343 will use to expose the story. A broader aspect of the universe, not the Human and Covenant war, but a more darker, mysterious story. By the end of Halo: Origins II I was on the edge of my seat wondering about what Cortana said.

If 343 make any kind of spin-off or remake, I will be forced to troll these forums to the ground in anger. Seriously, why is everybody being so boring? Please… no more going round being some random ODST in some random city, no more doing something we’re already done… bring on Halo 4. Awesome new campaign, awesome new story, lots of originality. No playing it safe and putting out a yawn-inducing CE remake.

> Would definitely like another ODST type thing

I agree , but to mix up the gameplay a bit , I don’t think the enemy should be covenant for once,
I think it would be interesting to fight the Human Rebels that are againist the UNSC.

> If 343 make any kind of spin-off or remake, I will be forced to troll these forums to the ground in anger. Seriously, why is everybody being so boring? Please… no more going round being some random ODST in some random city, no more doing something we’re already done… bring on Halo 4. Awesome new campaign, awesome new story, lots of originality. No playing it safe and putting out a yawn-inducing CE remake.

Random ODST in a random city? Do you know how important New Mombasa was in Halo 2, and how much the battle in ODST paved the path to Halo 3?

Anyways, I don’t want an exact replica of ODST, but I definitely want another (or multiple) spin-offs like that. They really add to the overall story and are rich in character.
Like the poster above said, maybe a game about the insurrectionists, where you play as a regular marine. That could be great.

Random city? There are many events that are important to the Halo universe, some of which don’t even exist yet to the official cannon. Take a look at the ODST’s in New Alexandria. What was their story? Each story has it’s own significence. Perhaps some of them get glassed? When you see the two cruisers on that level glassing the city. :]

> Random city? There are many events that are important to the Halo universe, some of which don’t even exist yet to the official cannon. Take a look at the ODST’s in New Alexandria. What was their story? Each story has it’s own significence. Perhaps some of them get glassed? When you see the two cruisers on that level glassing the city. :]

Halo Reach: New Alexandria

Now that’s something I would love to see. I loved that level in Reach, and would love to see it expanded upon. One of the levels could even be the Noble 6 level, but you play as an ODST. It would be a great way to parallel the Reach campaign from a new perspective.