Campaign has disappeared

Firstly apologies if this isn’t the right place for this.

I was playing a firefight game yesterday and ended before the game started. No idea why.
Then when I cam back later it didn’t register my character, and I had to set up the armour and everything else again, it registered that I had bought it. Then today when I went to campaign, all the games have gone, it just says “Noble actual” I’ve completed the whole game on Heroic in both single and co-op, and only have 2 missions on legendary to complete.

Is there any way back to reclaim my lost missions? The game history will vindicate me here.
Halo Waypoint still shows I’ve completed it on heroic, just not my console.

I’ll be a bit peeved if I have to go and complete all the missions again. :confused:

I’ve never had this happen in Halo, but it recently happened to me in Gears of War 3, and I have friends who’ve experienced such things in other games. You can try contacting Xbox Support (Xbox Support), but it’s unlikely to help.

I’m sorry to say that all you can do is start anew.

It’s possible the game data has got corrupted in your XBox profile. You can try moving your profile/data from HDD to a USB key (or other way) and play from there to see if that fixes it. Then move it back.

> It’s possible the game data has got corrupted in your XBox profile. You can try moving your profile/data from HDD to a USB key (or other way) and play from there to see if that fixes it. Then move it back.

It probably is profile corruption, yes.

OP, if you’re quick, you may be able to fix the problem by recovering your profile. Seems that the Xbox LIVE servers keep their own copy of your profile, so if they haven’t updated that copy since you lost your data, recovering your profile should get your data back.

> > It’s possible the game data has got corrupted in your XBox profile. You can try moving your profile/data from HDD to a USB key (or other way) and play from there to see if that fixes it. Then move it back.
>
> It probably is profile corruption, yes.
>
> OP, if you’re quick, you may be able to fix the problem by recovering your profile. Seems that the Xbox LIVE servers keep their own copy of your profile, so if they haven’t updated that copy since you lost your data, recovering your profile should get your data back.

I don’t think the Xbox Live servers ever lose this information. Why would it delete campaign progress?

> > > It’s possible the game data has got corrupted in your XBox profile. You can try moving your profile/data from HDD to a USB key (or other way) and play from there to see if that fixes it. Then move it back.
> >
> > It probably is profile corruption, yes.
> >
> > OP, if you’re quick, you may be able to fix the problem by recovering your profile. Seems that the Xbox LIVE servers keep their own copy of your profile, so if they haven’t updated that copy since you lost your data, recovering your profile should get your data back.
>
> I don’t think the Xbox Live servers ever lose this information. Why would it delete campaign progress?

It’s your Xbox data that gets corrupted, not the data on the servers. Well, that is until your console syncs the corrupted data to the servers, in which case, you have to play through everything again.

Thanks,
but I only noticed when I played my next game and my 4 char id was different, then after the game finished i had to reset everything again.

Oddly enough my achievements weren’t reset, nor the cR earned, nor the server stats just

• Armour set up (all the armour I bought before was ok)
  • 4 char ID
  • Spartan Species (M/F)
  • Elite Config
  • Campaign progress Solo/co-op
  • controller set up

The xbox says i haven’t completed the campaign but the Servers do
Maybe there should be an option to reset your local profile to the content on the server?

> Thanks,
> but I only noticed when I played my next game and my 4 char id was different, then after the game finished i had to reset everything again.
>
> Oddly enough my achievements weren’t reset, nor the cR earned, nor the server stats just
> - Armour set up (all the armour I bought before was ok)
> - 4 char ID
> - Spartan Species (M/F)
> - Elite Config
> - Campaign progress Solo/co-op
> - controller set up
>
> The xbox says i haven’t completed the campaign but the Servers do
> Maybe there should be an option to reset your local profile to the content on the server?

Just delete and redownload your profile! :slight_smile:

how do you do that (not having had to do it, i’m glad to say)?

Looks like your campaign status has reset. Mine did to about a year ago. It sucks man, had to complete them all over again so I could get all achievements.

On the bright side, you only need to complete the missions on Easy to get them back.

> On the bright side, you only need to complete the missions on Easy to get them back.

nope I only had 2 left to do on Legendary solo and 1 on legendary co-op, now i gotta do the lot again :(.

> > Thanks,
> > but I only noticed when I played my next game and my 4 char id was different, then after the game finished i had to reset everything again.
> >
> > Oddly enough my achievements weren’t reset, nor the cR earned, nor the server stats just
> > - Armour set up (all the armour I bought before was ok)
> > - 4 char ID
> > - Spartan Species (M/F)
> > - Elite Config
> > - Campaign progress Solo/co-op
> > - controller set up
> >
> > The xbox says i haven’t completed the campaign but the Servers do
> > Maybe there should be an option to reset your local profile to the content on the server?
>
> Just delete and redownload your profile! :slight_smile:

I did that i deleted my profile and then re-added it, but it didn’t fix the problem.
I dont know if its effected any other games.

> > > Thanks,
> > > but I only noticed when I played my next game and my 4 char id was different, then after the game finished i had to reset everything again.
> > >
> > > Oddly enough my achievements weren’t reset, nor the cR earned, nor the server stats just
> > > - Armour set up (all the armour I bought before was ok)
> > > - 4 char ID
> > > - Spartan Species (M/F)
> > > - Elite Config
> > > - Campaign progress Solo/co-op
> > > - controller set up
> > >
> > > The xbox says i haven’t completed the campaign but the Servers do
> > > Maybe there should be an option to reset your local profile to the content on the server?
> >
> > Just delete and redownload your profile! :slight_smile:
>
> I did that i deleted my profile and then re-added it, but it didn’t fix the problem.
> I dont know if its effected any other games.

You’re outta luck, then. :confused: Sorry!

This happened to me twice. Once in Halo Reach (it’s not that uncommon of an issue, but you can’t do anything about it), and once when they first updated the dash board to include Avatars. I lost every game save when that one happened.

Son-of-a-Blarg!

Someone at 343 is hitting the hippie dust and touching buttons with all the flashy lights, making our game data corrupted with the peace, love, and foul stench of cheesy poofs that lurk in the depths of a cubicle.

No wait, sorry, that’s my bedroom. Sorry, sorry.

Seriously though, I am pretty upset at losing my Legen-WaitForIt-dary campaign. But I’ll just do it again. I’m one out of a million who kinda liked the Reach Campaign story.

>

I take it recovering your profile didn’t work, then?

If you haven’t tried that, you should probably give it a shot. :\

No, recovering or downloading you gamer tag does not work. Still no campaign. It seems like 343 is trying to piss people off recently by standing around waiting on 4 while we still have problems elsewhere.

No biggie, just another reason to play a Bungie game.