Campaign gameplay and thoughts?

I was wondering what are your guy’s thoughts and opinions on the Halo Infinite campaign overview and gameplay. How do you guys feel about equipment and upgrades, what do you guys think of things such as the shield core and how that’ll impact gameplay since we haven’t seen it in campaign yet aside from it being in the upgrades menu, how do you think it can be used? if it can be used at all? What do you guys think of active-camouflage in campaign? How do you guys think of the open-world? What about the new enemies? And what are your thoughts and theories?

All these topics are widely discussed throughout the forum, I recommend you take a tour in the posts…

Btw about your Spartan core questions:
Spartan Cores are clearly an armor upgrade currency, there will be an x number of them to collect in the map (or maybe rewarded by side mission). I don’t think there are different uses, maybe they will be exchanged at FOBs for vehicle drops

> 2533274809353160;2:
> All these topics are widely discussed throughout the forum, I recommend you take a tour in the posts…
>
> Btw about your Spartan core questions:
> Spartan Cores are clearly an armor upgrade currency, there will be an x number of them to collect in the map (or maybe rewarded by side mission). I don’t think there are different uses, maybe they will be exchanged at FOBs for vehicle drops

I was talking the shield core equipment, the one seen in the upgrades tab, and what people thoughts on that were

> 2535459412109052;1:
> I was wondering what are your guy’s thoughts and opinions on the Halo Infinite campaign overview and gameplay. How do you guys feel about equipment and upgrades, what do you guys think of things such as the shield core and how that’ll impact gameplay since we haven’t seen it in campaign yet aside from it being in the upgrades menu, how do you think it can be used? if it can be used at all? What do you guys think of active-camouflage in campaign? How do you guys think of the open-world? What about the new enemies? And what are your thoughts and theories?

It looks great.

One of the issues I had with Halo 4 and 5 was that they were very linear and rushed. You really didn’t have time for ambience and setting the tone. To the point in Halo 5 where you actually have to stop in one place for a minute for a good chunk of the dialogue to activate. If you’re in an open world, like ODST, that’s not an issue. But yes I can’t wait to play the next game.

Upgrades seem a good way to incentivise players to explore the map and add variety to the late game.

I am a little disappointed they seem to be writing around the whole Cortana/Guardians ruling the galaxy and pushing past that story. I had misgivings about Halo 5 but there was a lot of good ideas and moments there. It’s not that it won’t be mentioned or a plot point but it was a cliffhanger and it is going back on it no matter how you swing it IMO. Nothing against the Banished in an FPS or this new Harbinger faction; the Haloverse should get bigger.

As for theories. I think the Harbinger is a precursor or a servant of the precursors with access to the Domain. It’s plan is to bring the return of the Precursors/Flood to punish the Forerunners. This let her “kill” Cortana with the help of the Banished who then destroyed the surviving UNSC fleet. However, they need something on the ring before attacking Earth directly. The weapon is probably going to end up merging with the surviving fragments of Cortana (which I am sure an audio file in a trailer few years back indicates) which basically brings her back cured of rampancy. In Halo 4 they discuss how it might be possible to “recompile my neural matrix” if they get to Halsey, another Cortana model AI is a pretty good second best. I mean “the Weapon” is a play on Cortanas name since I think it’s the name of a sword. Now, depending on how extreme the Harbingers plan is, it might be useful to have an AI with an army of anti flood robots and a Guardian to trap them on Zeta Halo.

One thing to note though. I think it might be like Destiny 2 where you have an ongoing DLC campaign. So I don’t think we are going to see Cortana brought back in the base game, Prometheans, Flood, Mendicant Bias, or other really crazy stuff. It very much seems to be about the Banished and introducing this new threat in the Harbinger. Precisely as the trailer makes out. They might hint at some of these things but not resolve everything.

> 2535459412109052;3:
> I was talking the shield core equipment, the one seen in the upgrades tab, and what people thoughts on that were

oops, sorry I misread…
The shield core, as I understand it is the category that groups the various upgrades precisely for the shield…like more capacity, more recharge speed, and other skills that we do not know today