Campaign DLC

Aside from ODST which was more of a spinoff than a DLC, I always thought that Bungie and 343 wasted great opportunities to add more to their games campaigns ala Mass Effect throughout the years. I always expected an ODST-like add-on for Reach but we never got it. Imagine having a DLC like Mass Effects Leviathan or Omega, but it’s a short campaign of Elite specops or rangers on a behind enemy lines special ops mission on Reach. Or a add on mission where you are Blue Team during the fall of Reach trying to go to the orbital and destroy the Circumference’s nav data and running into Sgt. Johnson. What do you guys think?

They should and it should be Arbiter focused. Really need to talk about what the crap went down immediately following h3 in regards to that period where the covies were trying to reform

As long as it doesn’t take away from the campaigns we already get it’d be pretty cool; but I’d rather see spin off games lie ODST and Reach rather than straight up DLC.

> 2533274975565198;3:
> As long as it doesn’t take away from the campaigns we already get it’d be pretty cool; but I’d rather see spin off games lie ODST and Reach rather than straight up DLC.

Would be nice.

That would be awesome! Take note 343

That Blue Team mission would be fun. But they would have to add characters that have long since passed and some players wouldn’t know who they were playing as unless they specifically read the books or dive into lore forums.

> 2533274861849532;1:
> Aside from ODST which was more of a spinoff than a DLC, I always thought that Bungie and 343 wasted great opportunities to add more to their games campaigns ala Mass Effect throughout the years. I always expected an ODST-like add-on for Reach but we never got it. Imagine having a DLC like Mass Effects Leviathan or Omega, but it’s a short campaign of Elite specops or rangers on a behind enemy lines special ops mission on Reach. Or a add on mission where you are Blue Team during the fall of Reach trying to go to the orbital and destroy the Circumference’s nav data and running into Sgt. Johnson. What do you guys think?

ODST was planned as DLC, but got turned into a complete game.

343 have already said there wouldn’t be any campaign DLC, so it doesn’t seem like it would happen.

> 2533274880633045;7:
> > 2533274861849532;1:
> > Aside from ODST which was more of a spinoff than a DLC, I always thought that Bungie and 343 wasted great opportunities to add more to their games campaigns ala Mass Effect throughout the years. I always expected an ODST-like add-on for Reach but we never got it. Imagine having a DLC like Mass Effects Leviathan or Omega, but it’s a short campaign of Elite specops or rangers on a behind enemy lines special ops mission on Reach. Or a add on mission where you are Blue Team during the fall of Reach trying to go to the orbital and destroy the Circumference’s nav data and running into Sgt. Johnson. What do you guys think?
>
>
> ODST was planned as DLC, but got turned into a complete game.
>
> 343 have already said there wouldn’t be any campaign DLC, so it doesn’t seem like it would happen.

Yeah I know, I just think they should reconsider. They could do a Guardians DLC from Fireteam Majestics viewpoint during the Created incident or Blue Teams mission to the Composers forge, or hell even Utze Tahm and a SOS unit during the Sangheili civil war. I think we’d all love a Forerunner level as a Promethean warrior servant against the flood using Halo-4 Promethean weapons.

> 2533274861849532;8:
> > 2533274880633045;7:
> > > 2533274861849532;1:
> > > Aside from ODST which was more of a spinoff than a DLC, I always thought that Bungie and 343 wasted great opportunities to add more to their games campaigns ala Mass Effect throughout the years. I always expected an ODST-like add-on for Reach but we never got it. Imagine having a DLC like Mass Effects Leviathan or Omega, but it’s a short campaign of Elite specops or rangers on a behind enemy lines special ops mission on Reach. Or a add on mission where you are Blue Team during the fall of Reach trying to go to the orbital and destroy the Circumference’s nav data and running into Sgt. Johnson. What do you guys think?
> >
> >
> > ODST was planned as DLC, but got turned into a complete game.
> >
> > 343 have already said there wouldn’t be any campaign DLC, so it doesn’t seem like it would happen.
>
>
> Yeah I know, I just think they should reconsider. They could do a Guardians DLC from Fireteam Majestics viewpoint during the Created incident or Blue Teams mission to the Composers forge, or hell even Utze Tahm and a SOS unit during the Sangheili civil war. I think we’d all love a Forerunner level as a Promethean warrior servant against the flood using Halo-4 Promethean weapons.

I wouldn’t mind seeing some campaign DLC. Particularly if it fills in some of the gaps in the campaign time line or is as well done as ODST was. I’ve said it on the forums before, but I think they could make an entire game based on the Arbiter. If they followed him from Halo 3 till he showed up in Halo 5. The fracturing of the covenant and the driving the brutes off, the various elite factions at war, a rogue flood spore or two. Active Camo and Carbines. I’d love the hell out of that.

I wasn’t aware that you knew of 343’s stated policy on campaign DLC. I also see a lot of posts where people seem to forget how long it takes to do something like that or the DLC you suggested, the amount of manpower and resources taken to do stuff. People seem to want instant gratification and I can’t quite grasp why.

> 2533274880633045;9:
> > 2533274861849532;8:
> > > 2533274880633045;7:
> > > > 2533274861849532;1:
> > > > Aside from ODST which was more of a spinoff than a DLC, I always thought that Bungie and 343 wasted great opportunities to add more to their games campaigns ala Mass Effect throughout the years. I always expected an ODST-like add-on for Reach but we never got it. Imagine having a DLC like Mass Effects Leviathan or Omega, but it’s a short campaign of Elite specops or rangers on a behind enemy lines special ops mission on Reach. Or a add on mission where you are Blue Team during the fall of Reach trying to go to the orbital and destroy the Circumference’s nav data and running into Sgt. Johnson. What do you guys think?
> > >
> > >
> > > ODST was planned as DLC, but got turned into a complete game.
> > >
> > > 343 have already said there wouldn’t be any campaign DLC, so it doesn’t seem like it would happen.
> >
> >
> > Yeah I know, I just think they should reconsider. They could do a Guardians DLC from Fireteam Majestics viewpoint during the Created incident or Blue Teams mission to the Composers forge, or hell even Utze Tahm and a SOS unit during the Sangheili civil war. I think we’d all love a Forerunner level as a Promethean warrior servant against the flood using Halo-4 Promethean weapons.
>
>
> I wouldn’t mind seeing some campaign DLC. Particularly if it fills in some of the gaps in the campaign time line or is as well done as ODST was. I’ve said it on the forums before, but I think they could make an entire game based on the Arbiter. If they followed him from Halo 3 till he showed up in Halo 5. The fracturing of the covenant and the driving the brutes off, the various elite factions at war, a rogue flood spore or two. Active Camo and Carbines. I’d love the hell out of that.
>
> I wasn’t aware that you knew of 343’s stated policy on campaign DLC. I also see a lot of posts where people seem to forget how long it takes to do something like that or the DLC you suggested, the amount of manpower and resources taken to do stuff. People seem to want instant gratification and I can’t quite grasp why.

I am aware, I simply think they should change it. With how big Microsoft us and 343 being the ones behind their flagship property, they should expand. Have a team working on multiplayer DLC and one do campaign. I’d actually prefer to see other stuff, like contracting out to other studios to make diff games, like with HW2. Make a 3rd person game, make an RPG, make a space battle game or the Mass effect type game I recommended in another thread. I feel like Halo could be like Star Wars with all sorts of different ways to experience it.