Campaign DLC scrapped?

i hope have read it wrong but is true that there have scrapped the campaign DLC to focus only on the broken multiplayer?

11 Likes

No official word yet, but yes… that’s the overall thinking and rumors. Pretty certain there won’t come any compaign related stuff for infinite.

7 Likes

now i think after reading this you cant call it a rummor any more.
https://www.gamesradar.com/halo-infinite-campaign-dlc-reportedly-scrapped-following-studio-reshuffle&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=oxm/?fbclid=IwAR0V6GSplqOQtCmIV0F2xR5KG0TLxDDakGqNoV3DdEKzH5qPyOyfiab0phQ&utm_campaign=socialflow-oxm

it seems more there broke again a other promice there have make to us and there think its a good choose to do it again.

5 Likes

They barely gave us enough content within the games first year since launch, unless it was cosmetics locked behind a paywall.

And now there’s a big possibility of even less content.

This is what greed and Inorance does to the most iconic of video games.

You reap what you sew. They got there feed back from the fans. They ignored the feedback from the fans.

No sympathy. But its not the way I wanted to see halo end. Such a shame. You can tell 343I really tried to make this the halo a good one to remember, with the armour looking more like halo 3 to halo reach style instead of the power ranger armour that was forced onto the fans since 343Is take over with halo 4.

And more importantly they made Master Chiefs armour more classic and set his personality from feeling things to just a bad -Yoink!- getting the job done no matter the cost. Most notably when he tried to delete the weapon without hesitation.

11 Likes

Yeah, sadly that seems to be the case.

5 Likes

Does it though? Or it could just be the realized the old art style was more profitable, especially since they wanted to sell cosmetics.

Chief has plenty of fee-fees in infinite. The weapon both isn’t cortana but also reminds him of someone who betrayed him, so there’s plenty of justification emotionally why he’d jump to pull the plug.

3 Likes

Curious. What’s the source for this, or is it still only rumour due to the layoffs?

2 Likes

Just a rumor from Twitter leakers who have a somewhat decent track record. Nothing confirmed.

5 Likes

It’s truly sad. I know I would’ve much preferred a full complete game at launch not a game getting launched with the hope of DLC, but this is the video game world that we live in now. Hopefully one day.

2 Likes

Apparently the layoffs at 343i are massive. According to GameSpot the rumor is that 343i are being sidelined all together. Won’t be making future games, more of an oversite role and maintaining the game engine.

The fired the studio leadership, this shouldn’t come as a surprise. The only think that’s shocking is that they doubled down on failure for so long.

I really wanted this to be the return of Halo. The campaign in my opinion was… meh. It wasn’t bad but that’s not where the bar is supposed to be set for Halo. Not bad, doesn’t cut it. Then the inexplicable decision to go with an open world, an open world that was nearly lifeless with a bunch of fetch quests. It was dull, tedious and I couldn’t even play the campaign on a higher difficulty without making a new game and collecting all those Spartan cores over again. Bottom line, I didn’t end up playing it again.

The multiplayer, once the crown jewel of Xbox Live, completely unfinished at launch and empty promises to flesh it out in the future. Another year has passed and it’s far from where it should have been when it released.

3 Likes

The old art style was a good idea but they used it get money out of the players

3 Likes

Campaign DLC was scrapped a while ago. I’ve been telling people this for solid minute.

5 Likes

Campaign dlc is not that important at the moment, I believe to fix the game first they gotta fix multiplayer, once you fix that then figure out campaign.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

5 Likes

A good campaign is important but there’s a reason why they canceled that instead of MP.

Campaign is good until u beat it, then what do u do?
Multiplayer is what keeps players coming back, they made it free to attract more players and the monetization is where they would make their money.

So yes campaign is important, but multiplayer is more important

3 Likes

If Campaign DLC doesn’t come out… It leaves the books to do all the heavy lifting story-wise.

That can give us phenomenal moments… But it makes the player base engaged with the story smaller not larger

5 Likes

5 Likes

1 Like

but the multiplayer from halo infinite is unplayable with the game breaking bugs and problems it has.
do you not know it has crash the halo reputation last year all good.

and since its so worse with the multiplayer the only thing left was that can restore the trust little was the campaign mode.

and not forget that the multiplayer is F2P and the campaign mode not.
so by scraping the campaign mode you only deal more damage to the halo serie’s and trust.
people have pay for the campaign mode so what there get now is a incomplete campaign mode there not going update any more when that was a promice.

and you forget something that there have broke 2 big promice’s with the campaign mode all so do you think that people still trust the multiplayer by the same company that has broke 2 big promice all for the campaign mode.

3 Likes