Campaign cutscene audio quality issue

Has anyone been able to figure out what’s going on with the low music and sound effects quality in the cutscenes? I could swear there was a separate thread for this but cannot seem to find it with the rapid influx of hate-mongering threads clogging up the forums these last few days…

Thanks in advance!

I noticed the same.

I must have unplugged my headset 20 times during the campaign, switched to a different headset, checked my settings, etc. all to no avail. It sounds like the compression is way off but I thought that maybe it was meant to be a sort of “atmospheric” effect they added (like the classic “outer space” sound). What’s odd is that the voice overs seem fine- just the sound FX are cheap sounding… Bummed me out a little.

The sound fx were very disappointing

Yes, there are a good three threads about this, were not sure whats wrong, but were guessing they might have compressed it so it could fit on the disk.

I noticed this with Turtle Beaches, it’s like a whole new low

> Yes, there are a good three threads about this, were not sure whats wrong, but were guessing they might have compressed it so it could fit on the disk.

I was wondering that too. Thing is, why not just put the larger audio files on disc 2? On a related note, I installed Disc 1 to my HD before playing. Is there anyone out there that didn’t install Disc 1 to their HD before playing and still gets the reduced quality?

I’m sure 343 has their hands full with after launch issues to take care of, but I really hope that they have a fix for this in the works. It would probably be a large size title update for sure.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

> I noticed this with Turtle Beaches, it’s like a whole new low

I have turtle beaches as well and started to think that they were busted. I don’t understand how they could put a game out that feels incomplete.

> > I noticed this with Turtle Beaches, it’s like a whole new low
>
> I have turtle beaches as well and started to think that they were busted. I don’t understand how they could put a game out that feels incomplete.

I honestly don’t think it was intentional. More likely it was something that got screwed up when the master discs were being finalized before being sent off for production. Campaign was still amazing through and through, but I’m not about to throw 343 under the bus until they take a look at it and let us know what happened.

my issue is not being lip synced, the sound is always a little bit ahead of the actors lips

Personally the low quality audio in cutscenes is the ONLY thing letting this game down, everything else is absolutely amazing in my opinion.

I installed Disc 2 before playing, gonna try installing disc 1 as well now to see if it helps.

Playing on a high-end system here and certainly noticed the same. I’m a huge fan of audio and this hurt some of the tension for me in the campaign. I even paused and looked for audio options a few times thinking I missed them.

Just to note, I had disc 2 installed prior to playing campaign (and disc 1 for that matter) so that will not solve it either.