Campaign credit reward is too low

I played a campaign level earlier this evening - Winter Contingency on Heroic. I only died twice and got lots of medals and sprees so I was expecting to get a nice bunch of credits at the end of it. I did invest 30+ minutes of my time after all.

Imagine my disappointment when I only got 500 or so credits :frowning:

I get much more than this (4000-5000 cR) from a single 10 minute Infection game!

I think the credit reward for campaign play should be higher, to keep people motivated to go and play it more often.

I’ll be spending more time in Matchmaking from now on.

Do you agree we should get more credits for Campaign play?

> Do you agree we should get more credits for Campaign play?

Actually, yes. I agree. But I’m pretty sure this won’t happen.

> > Do you agree we should get more credits for Campaign play?
>
> Actually, yes. I agree. But I’m pretty sure this won’t happen.

Same here. It really stinks for those who only have silver accounts.

Honestly if you don’t have a gold membership to XBL, then you are hopeless for getting a decent rank, unless you get an offline account.

I gotta say though that Campaign cR rewards to need to be raised a fair bit.

At least for me it’s not so much about silver accounts, it’s about balance or fairness, so to speak. Or logic, if you will. What I mean is that I just don’t understand why you earn only so little amounts of credits in the campaign. It’s a part of Reach just like multiplayer or firefight.

And to be honest, I really don’t believe for a second that someone with a silver account would pay money for a gold account just to earn credits in multiplayer or firefight. They get a gold account if they want to play online for playing’s sake, not just for credits. So this “incentive” to pay out way more credits in multiplayer/firefight than in campaign isn’t really an incentive at all to get a gold account. And if it isn’t, why not pay out more credits for campaign in the first place?

> I played a campaign level earlier this evening - Winter Contingency on Heroic. I only died twice and got lots of medals and sprees so I was expecting to get a nice bunch of credits at the end of it. I did invest 30+ minutes of my time after all.
>
> Imagine my disappointment when I only got 500 or so credits :frowning:
>
> I get much more than this (4000-5000 cR) from a single 10 minute Infection game!
>
> I think the credit reward for campaign play should be higher, to keep people motivated to go and play it more often.
>
> I’ll be spending more time in Matchmaking from now on.
>

Play campaign to enjoy the story. It doesn’t need a credit boost to motivate people to play it. You either enjoy playing through it or you don’t. Adding a credit boost to motivate people to slog through something they don’t like is pointless. There were already a bunch of threads on bnet in the past about it along with how commendations should be lowered for similar reasoning of motivation to play.

Instead of giving genuine reasoning to enjoy the campaign experience, a credit boost just artificially adds interest for the wrong reasons to a mode which exists primarily to entertain those fans who get their kicks from the Haloverse or the simple discovery of what can or can’t be done within the AI filled playspace laid out. Not an environment to slog through for the sake of only gaining ranks…

> Play campaign to enjoy the story. It doesn’t need a credit boost to motivate people to play it. You either enjoy playing through it or you don’t.

Yet you still have to wonder why you get 3,000+ cR for killing around 120 Covies in Score Attack, yet you only get a few hundred cR for killing twice as many Covies in campaign on legendary.

i beleive you should get an even amount for doing campaign as you do twice as much work but they would’nt have to attract people to it with credits.

I dont believe they should make campaign give more credits. Just for the simple fact that people will exploit it and just farm credits with out actually playing the game. i.e. when you could do the target locator glitch and get credits like crazy! they patched that now though.

<4 <343

Go to campaign matchmaking.

> I played a campaign level earlier this evening - Winter Contingency on Heroic. I only died twice and got lots of medals and sprees so I was expecting to get a nice bunch of credits at the end of it. I did invest 30+ minutes of my time after all.
>
> Imagine my disappointment when I only got 500 or so credits :frowning:
>
> I get much more than this (4000-5000 cR) from a single 10 minute Infection game!
>
> I think the credit reward for campaign play should be higher, to keep people motivated to go and play it more often.
>
> I’ll be spending more time in Matchmaking from now on.
>

You might want to check out the Halo: Reach Support FAQ. There is a section specifically on credits and challenges that might provide more info! Let me know if that doesn’t answer your questions :slight_smile:

hell yea my xbl gold ran out and im stuck on silver playing campaign cuz i want a better rank but dam the cR i get is nothing. i barely get anything and im spending alot of my time playing on legendary with 3-5 skulls on with few deaths and a whole bunch of medals at the end, however, the cR i get make it seem like if i just wasted my time playing campiagn. they should definitely higher the cR cuz it makes campaign seem worthless to play cuz u wont earn much

Well then by your logic we should not have campaign achievements either. I mean quite a few of them are only there to get people to keep playing the campaign again. What harm could a boost to the credits really do? It does not have any affect on your trueskill rating so all it can do is unlock a higher meaningless rank.

And yes I am still going to quote the same way I do over on Bungie.net. You can blame Achronos for making me this way.

> > I played a campaign level earlier this evening - Winter Contingency on Heroic. I only died twice and got lots of medals and sprees so I was expecting to get a nice bunch of credits at the end of it. I did invest 30+ minutes of my time after all.
> >
> > Imagine my disappointment when I only got 500 or so credits :frowning:
> >
> > I get much more than this (4000-5000 cR) from a single 10 minute Infection game!
> >
> > I think the credit reward for campaign play should be higher, to keep people motivated to go and play it more often.
> >
> > I’ll be spending more time in Matchmaking from now on.
> >
> > Do you agree we should get more credits for Campaign play?
>
> Play campaign to enjoy the story. It doesn’t need a credit boost to motivate people to play it. You either enjoy playing through it or you don’t. Adding a credit boost to motivate people to slog through something they don’t like is pointless. There were already a bunch of threads on bnet in the past about it along with how commendations should be lowered for similar reasoning of motivation to play.
>
> Instead of giving genuine reasoning to enjoy the campaign experience, a credit boost just artificially adds interest for the wrong reasons to a mode which exists primarily to entertain those fans who get their kicks from the Haloverse or the simple discovery of what can or can’t be done within the AI filled playspace laid out. Not an environment to slog through for the sake of only gaining ranks…

> You might want to check out the Halo: Reach Support FAQ. There is a section specifically on credits and challenges that might provide more info! Let me know if that doesn’t answer your questions :slight_smile:

Not wanting to reply in the OP’s stead and hijack his topic, but I don’t think that was his actual concern.

The issue is that gold and silver accounts earn only very little credits in campaign. Ridiculously little, to be honest. A 10-minute game of matchmaking Score Attack nets me 3,000 credits on average for killing about 120 Covenant on heroic difficulty. Yet playing a campaign mission on legendary for an hour or even longer and killing at least twice as many foes pays only a few hundred credits. And that’s quite a bit unbalanced.

Thank you for the replies everyone.

In response to Veronica’s link, perhaps you were referring me to this section in the FAQ:

> I stopped earning progress towards Campaign Commendations
>
> You can earn up to the Silver level of Campaign Commendations outside of matchmaking. After that, you will need to play Campaign in matchmaking to make any further progress.

Thank you for the help but I’m really trying to make the point that people who play campaign deserve more credits for the time they’ve invested.

It’s currently unfairly skewed towards Matchmaking and Firefight in my opinion.

FYI: I don’t play Campaign Matchmaking as my only two experiences both involved betrayers and people trying to ruin the game. Therefore, I play Campaign from the Campaign menu, not the Matchmaking menu.

The last Campaign level I completed didn’t even feature a slot machine, (I think!).

As for the person saying I should play campaign for the story, not the credits, you’re missing the point of my topic. I do play it for the story, and go through campaign missions a lot, (even replaying Halo CE, 2, 3 and ODST campaigns from time to time, just for the story element).

However, I still don’t see why we can’t get the reward for it that you do from a 10 minute Firefight game or Matchmaking game. It just seems odd, that’s all.

If I want to make progress towards the next rank I’m effectively forced to stop playing campaign for the story element and put my time into Firefight and Matchmaking to grind for the cedits when I could be having fun in Campaign :frowning:

I agree. The Campaign is a LOT of fun. There should be roughly twice the awards for playing it. MP gives nearly 10x the credit rewards as campaign per minute played.

Offer more incentive to play Campaign.

Exactly. At the very least it should offer some sort of slot machine for successfully completing a mission!

It is too low.

If campaign gave you more CR I’m sure people would abuse it.

Playing for credits is a horrible idea.