Campaign confusion

Do you play as Master Chief, or as your own Spartan. Earlier on during the E3 release a few years back they said you’re continuing Master Chiefs adventure, but lately I’ve been seeing you start as your own cadet and become a Spartan.

Either way, it’ll be fun and I’m looking forward to it. Playing my own created Spartan would be pretty cool, but also playing Master Chief would be cool.

> 2535427102846316;1:
> Do you play as Master Chief, or as your own Spartan. Earlier on during the E3 release a few years back they said you’re continuing Master Chiefs adventure, but lately I’ve been seeing you start as your own cadet and become a Spartan.
>
> Either way, it’ll be fun and I’m looking forward to it. Playing my own created Spartan would be pretty cool, but also playing Master Chief would be cool.

The whole Cadet/Become a Spartan thing is just for the Academy mode. They’re making like a very mini campaign out of it, I think. The main campaign is just going to be playing as Chief.

> 2535458054215258;2:
> > 2535427102846316;1:
> > Do you play as Master Chief, or as your own Spartan. Earlier on during the E3 release a few years back they said you’re continuing Master Chiefs adventure, but lately I’ve been seeing you start as your own cadet and become a Spartan.
> >
> > Either way, it’ll be fun and I’m looking forward to it. Playing my own created Spartan would be pretty cool, but also playing Master Chief would be cool.
>
> The whole Cadet/Become a Spartan thing is just for the Academy mode. They’re making like a very mini campaign out of it, I think. The main campaign is just going to be playing as Chief.

Thanks for clarifying for me!

As far as we know, we’ll only play as Chief during the Campaign. Infinite is meant to be a platform for the next few years of Halo though, so we’ll likely get DLC Campaign expansions. Whether they’ll have us play as Chief or someone else, we can’t yet know.

> 2535419441797248;4:
> As far as we know, we’ll only play as Chief during the Campaign. Infinite is meant to be a platform for the next few years of Halo though, so we’ll likely get DLC Campaign expansions. Whether they’ll have us play as Chief or someone else, we can’t yet know.

this could be a great discussion after campaign is released

> 2533274921115718;5:
> > 2535419441797248;4:
> > As far as we know, we’ll only play as Chief during the Campaign. Infinite is meant to be a platform for the next few years of Halo though, so we’ll likely get DLC Campaign expansions. Whether they’ll have us play as Chief or someone else, we can’t yet know.
>
> this could be a great discussion after campaign is released

Very true. The only reason I posted it is because I’d been seeing you play as your own Spartan at the beginning.
Reading earlier content though, it said you continued Master Chiefs adventures after the events of H5.

Which is where the confusion came in. Either way, it looks awesome.

Campaign’s really feeling minimal in terms of marketing.

every piece of news and promotional material for the game indicates we’re playing as chief

Have you been seeing articles or other posts saying that you can play as your own Spartan specifically for campaign? If so then they are being intentionally deceptive by misconstruing the multiplayer, or flat out spewing garbage. Although we know next to nothing for campaign, we do know that Chief will be center stage. I’m not saying that we for certain won’t ever play as or own Spartan in Infinite’s campaign, but 343 has not even hinted at such.

would be nice to see the return of the arbiter as a partial campaign play through honestly

> 2533274866989456;9:
> Have you been seeing articles or other posts saying that you can play as your own Spartan specifically for campaign? If so then they are being intentionally deceptive by misconstruing the multiplayer, or flat out spewing garbage. Although we know next to nothing for campaign, we do know that Chief will be center stage. I’m not saying that we for certain won’t ever play as or own Spartan in Infinite’s campaign, but 343 has not even hinted at such.

> 2533274866989456;9:
> but 343 has not even hinted at such.

Had to use my son’s account since i used my daily limit. No, what I read was you start your journey at the academy as your own recruit/Spartan. Trying to remember where I read that though. Someone else on this thread read the same thing. I believe the tutorial at the beginning must be as Spartan other than Chief.