Campaign Commendations

Out of curiosity, why is it that once you reach Silver for a commendation in campaign you no longer get credits for each of the individual commendations but only when you reach Gold and Onyx. Since I’ve gotten silver for everything in Campaign except for Assists I only get 312 credits for completing a mission which tends to keep me from playing campaign if there’s not a daily/weekly challenge because the credits earned doesn’t feel like its worth the time put in. Especially since I have the rank of Legend and am usually getting at least 2,000 cR a game in Score Attack or MM.

For some reason my internet connection not letting me play campaign co-op (or firefight MM, excluding Score Attack) without having a “guest” logged in when I enter matchmaking, hopefully this will change on October 2nd (4th?) and I stopped doing this after I asked on this forum if it was a CoC violation to do so (even with the “guest” getting a few kills to avoid an AFK ban) and was informed that it was; which is upsetting, because I had played Pillar of Autumn on Legendary and got nearly 7,000 cR and it felt like I was at least getting a just reward for the time and effort I put into it as opposed to a mere 312 if I’d played in single campaign. However considering how much I enjoy playing this game, I do not want to get banned from playing it online so I ceased using that loophole.

And, yes, I know that makes me sound like a Noob who is only concerned with his credit count, but I actually do play the game for enjoyment. Halo has always been one of my favorite games over the last ten years and to be honest, with the exception of a few weeks when Portal 2 came out, I’ve been playing Reach almost exclusively since it came out (only way I could have gotten my current rank with my 40 hour work week and all the other stuff I have to do every day). Besides, I know that even with the credits from commendations, that the amount is a small portion of the cR I have earned in total, its just that it would be nice to get them.

The reason you stop getting extra credits on campaign commendations after reaching silver is (likely) because of how easy it is to boost credits in campaign (I can think of 5 off the top of my head).