Campaign Co-Op: Custom Spartans? Or four Master Chiefs?

In the road map image, we see three master chiefs in a Razorback

In Halo 1, 2 and 4 co-op spartans were just second Chiefs

Reach, 3 and 5 introduced other characters.

Would you rather play as another Master Chief or your own multiplayer Spartan?

3 Likes

The little picture in the road map looks like 4 chiefs unfortunately.

1 Like

Seems like it will be four Chiefs regardless of what we want. I think it would be neat for it to be our multiplayer spartans. But we really can’t expect that much at this point.

3 Likes

It SHOULD be our custom Spartans but I doubt the devs can handle that at this point. It’s gonna be multiple Chiefs, calling it now.

6 Likes

Chief clones. Just 343 being lazy.

6 Likes

It would be better if it will be our mark VII Spartans but i expect clone situation

3 Likes

If modders, within a few weeks of launch, were able to use multiplayer characters in campaign (even in cutscenes) then I don’t see why 343 can’t.

Ultimately it’s win win. It lets players enjoy some customisation and feel somewhat unique when playing co-op and for 343 it means people might be more inclined to buy cosmetics.

3 Likes

What I’d expect will happen:

Campaign - 4 Chiefs
Firefight - MP Spartans
Campaign down the road as more characters are revealed - Chief and Co.

Interesting that you think Firefight is coming. I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t at this point. But honestly I’m not that big of a Firefight fan.

2 Likes

I think it’s coming, just not in the way we expect it to. No doubt the entire Tatanka experience is gonna be a playground for BR - Firefight - Warzone. Especially since leaks mention the new mode has Forge integration, it pushes toward the idea of players using it a jump off point for making their own minigames and modes.

A close example I can give to visualize this is comparing it to how people used WC3 customs to make game modes which were so wildly different than the RTS product. Tower Defenses, MOBAs, Autochess all came out from WC3 customs.

Just wondering: why does everyone call it Tatanka? Where does this term come from?

A leak from Windows Central I believe. They said Certain Affinity is working on something called project “Tatanaka”

It’s going to be four Chiefs.

There’s no real reason for it to be anything else though. The character is meant to be on his own.

I would love to be able to play as my spartan along side chief, but based on what people have been able to find for the campaign it’s gonna be 4 chiefs.

1 Like

I’d really enjoy if we got to play co-op campaign as our MP Spartans as players 2-4.

3 Likes

Im going to pretend I’m Chief fighting alongside 3 schizophrenic hallucinations

Jokes aside: If chief encountered other Spartan IIVs in campaign; canonically it could be plausible our MP Spartans are these

2 Likes

In an ideal world, I’d love for it to be Chief and 3 additional custom spartans. Unfortunately Halo Infinite is not made in an ideal world so I dont think we’ll ever get more than the bare minimum in this regard (i.e. 4 chief clones.)

2 Likes

I would rather have a multiplayer spartan. I’m tired of copy-pasted chiefs. Co-op is usually non-canon anyway so why not?
MCC modders have already shown how easy it is to port custom spartans.

2 Likes

I want to see the game open with Pilot seeing Chief and 3 MP spartans floating in space.

3 Likes

Maybe they’ll redo the cutscenes and we’ll get to see Atriox kicking 4 Spartans out of the Infinity :rofl:

1 Like