Campaign changes...checkpoints

I overheard on a commentary between Brad from Giant Bomb and another guy that in campaign when you die and respawn at your check point something different will happen.

Although it’s nice to see something different, I honestly think it sort of breaks coming up with a strategy to get past a certain part of the game.

So let’s just say you’re stuck on this really hard part of the game but every time you load up something different happens and it’s unexpected and you die again. How exactly can this promote strategy if every time you re-spawn something new happens?

Please tell me, I’m wrong or hearing this wrong.

You’re hearing it wrong.

He means the AI is always different, they don’t always respond the same way every time you load a checkpoint.

Non scripted, the AI won’t always run in the same direction etc.

Halo has always done this and I’ve always liked that it wasn’t predictable.

> You’re hearing it wrong.
>
> He means the AI is always different, they don’t always respond the same way every time you load a checkpoint.
>
> Non scripted, the AI won’t always run in the same direction etc.
>
> Halo has always done this and I’ve always liked that it wasn’t predictable.

Oh pfft, thank god, my worries have subsided. :slight_smile:

syinn couldn’t have that any better. The AI will be predictable in what they can do but they won’t always do the same thing in each encounter. It’s very subtle but it’s the small details that count here.

> You’re hearing it wrong.
>
> He means the AI is always different, they don’t always respond the same way every time you load a checkpoint.
>
> Non scripted, the AI won’t always run in the same direction etc.
>
> Halo has always done this and I’ve always liked that it wasn’t predictable.

That’s odd, I found Halo 2 and Reach to be very predictable:

-spawning in the same place every time
-responding to a grenade stick the same way every time
-dictated by player’s position every time (I’ve killed many Elites using this)

No it was in CE and Halo 3 that there was a degree of randomness.