Campaign Anti Climax

Don’t know about anyone else however I’m sure everyone has played all the games in the halo series and I have to say the ending to this one was a massive anti climax. You can see they left it on a cliffhanger for the following game however the ending was poor and the cliffhanger worse.

Left me feeling like there should of been more to it. the Journey was pretty epic however wish there was more play as Master Chief I feel they focused too much on Spartan Lock.

I feel like you could have posted this in the bajillion other threads on this topic. Yes Halo 5’s story sucks and there are many problems with it but not everyone who has this thought needs to make an entirely new thread.

You cant have a man hunt by playing as the hunted all the time. I would liked to have played as chief more but then there would have been no mystery in the hunt.

I didn’t mind the ending, the story did what it set out to do. Not that it was perfect but it doesn’t deserve the hate its getting.

There is more to it, it’s called Halo 6.

> 2533274953605875;4:
> There is more to it, it’s called Halo 6.

No. You can’t use “The next game will be better” as an excuse for the failings of the current one.

> 2533274904245048;3:
> You cant have a man hunt by playing as the hunted all the time. I would liked to have played as chief more but then there would have been no mystery in the hunt.
>
> I didn’t mind the ending, the story did what it set out to do. Not that it was perfect but it doesn’t deserve the hate its getting.

There was no mystery in the hunt anyway. There is barely even a hunt

This, like Halo 2, is the middle of a trilogy… of course it was going to end on a cliff hanger… we all knew that going into it

It’s basically how they left halo 2 it’s gunna allow for bigger hype around halo 6 as people will be like “I think this is gunna happen” but I enjoyed the game. As previously said I’d like to of played as the chief more though

I have no real issue with the story or the ending but I feel like the trailers leading up to the games release over exaggerated the hunt. Like Locke and Chief meet once for some fisticuffs but there was never any dying Spartans next to a statue.

If the trailers didn’t oversell the story too much the campaign would have been better

> 2533274826047148;7:
> This, like Halo 2, is the middle of a trilogy… of course it was going to end on a cliff hanger… we all knew that going into it

Well, it’s the quality of the cliffhanger that matters. This cliffhanger could have been a lot more powerful. Halo 4’s ending left me more excited for the next game than Halo 5’s, and Halo 4 ended on a closed thread.

I thought the campaign was good. The ending made me longing for more but halo 6 will explain. Just have to wait a couple years for it.

Wish I’d played as Chief more but then when they first introduced the idea that Locke would be a playable character, I realised it would be more like Halo 2 in a fractured two character story. I remember at the time with regards Halo 2 that I didn’t particularly like the Arbiter levels and replaying them in Halo 2 Remastered that still rings true. Still I enjoyed Halo 5 though I wish the team mate order system was a bit more refined but that’s the subject for a different topic.

There really should have been a Chief mission on Meridian.

> 2533274904245048;3:
> You cant have a man hunt by playing as the hunted all the time. I would liked to have played as chief more but then there would have been no mystery in the hunt.
>
> I didn’t mind the ending, the story did what it set out to do. Not that it was perfect but it doesn’t deserve the hate its getting.

This

> 2533274816702503;14:
> > 2533274904245048;3:
> > You cant have a man hunt by playing as the hunted all the time. I would liked to have played as chief more but then there would have been no mystery in the hunt.
> >
> > I didn’t mind the ending, the story did what it set out to do. Not that it was perfect but it doesn’t deserve the hate its getting.
>
>
> This

No. Halo 5’s story is full of bad pacing, cliche plots, abandoned threads and poor writing.Even Blue Team doesn’t save it.

> 2533274825022855;15:
> > 2533274816702503;14:
> > > 2533274904245048;3:
> > > You cant have a man hunt by playing as the hunted all the time. I would liked to have played as chief more but then there would have been no mystery in the hunt.
> > >
> > > I didn’t mind the ending, the story did what it set out to do. Not that it was perfect but it doesn’t deserve the hate its getting.
> >
> >
> > This
>
>
> No. Halo 5’s story is full of bad pacing, cliche plots, abandoned threads and poor writing.Even Blue Team doesn’t save it.

agreed it was badly done even halo 2’s multi sided playing as arbiter was far better thought out and had a lot more depth in the story. Cliff hanger in this one was terrible in all the other halos the cliff hangers left you fulfilled with the game and still excited for the next one, this one left me at a WTF moment. at least the multi player is a big step up on the others. They clearly focused on that a lot more than the campaign.

Halo 2 ended the same way with a cliffhanger, it’s kinda lame no having some kind of closure.