Campaign Ai squad is terrible

I know that 343 couldn’t do any adjustments to the squads but I really wish they played like veterans instead of running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Lol Especially when you play the campaign on Legendary difficulty. They act like noobs the whole time. XD

As much as I liked the innovation of the squad mechanic, I do agree that the AI for our teammates are less than stellar. I hope the next Halo title ditches the squad mechanic entirely and returns to how it formally was in past titles.

the AI is really terrible… especially if you compare it to the republic commando squad AI from (i think) 2005… i played that game after h5 and the squad AI felt really good. granted, the level design is different and i think it’s designed around the AI, but if you have squad mechanics, do them right (espacially if a game which is 10 years older than yours did it better)

I’m guessing they didn’t put much time or resources into developing their AI because they wanted more people would buy Xboxes and copies of Halo 5. Praise MS whoooo. I think it’s safe to blame Microsoft for anything that doesn’t work well or at all that can in some way be tied to the REQ system or purchasing more copies of the game or more Xboxes. Call it a conspiracy, but can you really blame gamers for having that sort of skepticism that publishers have caused over the past half decade or so?

They’re quite stupid i agree. Their only purpose is to revive you. But when you are on higher ground they cant. Because they dont know clamber.

how about change bots difficult recruit,normal,hard,very hard,veteran

That’s 343 trying to cram the team dynamic, into whatever orifice they can. That’s also why you feel that you can’t do well solo in PvP. & GOD FORBID They should be even HALF as accurate as the enemy AI. Can’t have that. Then they might be useful.

> 2535425643606121;5:
> They’re quite stupid i agree. Their only purpose is to revive you. But when you are on higher ground they cant. Because they dont know clamber.

i thought so to, but vale once teleported herself to save me XD

it was on legendary and in the early days of h5, maybe it is patched now. and yes, i know, it looks like i don’t know what i should do against the hunters… thats just because i didn’t know what to do at that point, bc i didn’t dare charging in for the back side of them :wink: … (i also had a different gamertag then, i shortened it)

.vale teleport

One of the worst uses of AI I’ve seen, it was promising but didn’t deliver due to its contradictory game design with Halo’s sandbox. It was also effectively an excuse for Legendary Difficulty to be frustrating than it should be with the homing weaponry, gimmicks and boss fights

> 2533274824050480;4:
> I’m guessing they didn’t put much time or resources into developing their AI because they wanted more people would buy Xboxes and copies of Halo 5. Praise MS whoooo. I think it’s safe to blame Microsoft for anything that doesn’t work well or at all that can in some way be tied to the REQ system or purchasing more copies of the game or more Xboxes. Call it a conspiracy, but can you really blame gamers for having that sort of skepticism that publishers have caused over the past half decade or so?

I think 343 meant for 4 players to play co op most of the time but even solo, they really should’ve made the AI more useful.

I agree. The campaign AI is just brutal!

Personally I don’t like this whole squad garbage in Halo, or at least how it was implemented. They should of used a Halo 3 format. In a single player game (campaign) your the Chief or Lock, but if your friend (or friends) wants to play with you, then one of you is chief and the other(s) is a member of blue team. Same goes with team Osiris. I just hate having to rely on the computer to help me in certain situations…it’s just not fun and even worst, it’s frustrating.

I found the AI very useful. Playing legendary they came in really handy to distract enemies so I wouldn’t get hammered as bad.

> 2533274843446007;12:
> I found the AI very useful. Playing legendary they came in really handy to distract enemies so I wouldn’t get hammered as bad.

LOL. Yeah that’s basically all I use them for is to be a bullet sponge and medic when I get killed. Halo 5’s legendary campaign is super easy even on solo I guess I never noticed how well the AI perform until they drop the ball.

Try deleting all file information with halo, turn your Xbox offline then reinstall the game. Play offline until you complete the game. It’ll be smoother and the AI’s will be far more useful

I used them as distraction.They are not so bad in this role.

How many times have you been down, and your squad has been next to you… and they just couldn’t figure out how to revive you? I hope this isn’t just me, but I’ve experienced this countless times…

One time I was on the upper platform during the first warden fight, I got downed and Vale was under the ramp below me running into a corner while I was requesting to be revived. Buck was only a few feet behind me, running into… like a little piece of geometry on the forerunner architecture… He was on the platform with me, at the top of the ramp, but he wasn’t on the flat surface that was meant to be walked on and there was like a shin high change in geometry between where I was and where he was… I don’t know how he got there but I could not fathom why his AI was not smart enough to jump over… instead he ran into it as I died. AI in the 90s were smarter than that… I rather trust my life to a Counter-Strike 1.6 (or earlier) hostage than trust anyone in Osiris or Blue team.

If we have better AI I’d be ok with it. I mean, heck, Republic Commando from the early 2000’s had some great squad AI. But the current Halo 5 squad sucks. It’s just a bad unit.

The squad mechanic honestly ruined legendary imo, I feel like 343 were worried that the squad mechanic would make it too easy and so they made you die almost as fast as you did in H2 and filled the campaign with annoying bs to compensate. But the AI don’t make things any easier because they’re really stupid, and so you’re left with an unfun, overly frustrating campaign.

> 2533274852660538;2:
> As much as I liked the innovation of the squad mechanic, I do agree that the AI for our teammates are less than stellar. I hope the next Halo title ditches the squad mechanic entirely and returns to how it formally was in past titles.

Chiefly, Reach :slight_smile:

Halo’s friendly AI has historically never been stellar, but, yeah, Halo 5’s squad AI is really bad.