Campaign 7 (14) maps long. At least

In the new blog post. And I’ve seen posts about this but not this detail.

They say Halo5 has 7 unique designs for campaign. I assume that’s a possible 7 unique maps. 2 per team (14)

Now this could be used more than twice but I don’t think a single map would use two.

So I assume halo 5 will have 14 levels at least. Which is pretty good. 7 per team. With possible 1-3 extra maps.

Yeah I talked about it in my post earlier. Heres the quote:

> Not only is the physical footprint of our levels huge, but there are actually seven distinct art pallets across the campaign alone

Not only does this confirm 13-14 levels, but it means that the levels are each longer than halo 4’s. They’ve confirmed that the campaign is twice as long, but it’s not going to be 15-16 missions like expected. this means each level will be a little longer.

Didn’t notice your post . But glad another person spotted it too brother

1. Snowy mountain
  2. human colony
  3. Sanghelios (ruins, recent gameplay)
  4. Sanghelios (city, e3 gameplay)
  5. grass area (short scene in one ViDoc)
  6. volcanic/lava area
  7. alien jungle (mentioned in the article)

should be all :wink:

> 2533274801973487;4:
> 1) Snowy mountain
> 2) human colony
> 3) Sanghelios (ruins, recent gameplay)
> 4) Sanghelios (city, e3 gameplay)
> 5) grass area (short scene in one ViDoc)
> 6) volcanic/lava area
> 7) alien jungle (mentioned in the article)
>
> should be all :wink:

just because we have 7 art pallets, indicating 7 environments, implying 14 missions assuming each team visits that environment… why can’t there be multiple maps with the same pallet, forerunner facility for example, ‘the library’ and ‘assault on the control room’ from CE both used that template but were very different maps, one was claustrophobic passages and open externals and the other a dark, cavernous labyrinth of monsters. there could be 20+ different maps using just 7 art pallets/themes and all could feel very different… or you could be right, 7 pallets, 7 maps, 14 missions… i hope 'm right though

> 2533274865708979;5:
> > 2533274801973487;4:
> > 1) Snowy mountain
> > 2) human colony
> > 3) Sanghelios (ruins, recent gameplay)
> > 4) Sanghelios (city, e3 gameplay)
> > 5) grass area (short scene in one ViDoc)
> > 6) volcanic/lava area
> > 7) alien jungle (mentioned in the article)
> >
> > should be all :wink:
>
>
> just because we have 7 art pallets, indicating 7 environments, implying 14 missions assuming each team visits that environment… why can’t there be multiple maps with the same pallet, forerunner facility for example, ‘the library’ and ‘assault on the control room’ from CE both used that template but were very different maps, one was claustrophobic passages and open externals and the other a dark, cavernous labyrinth of monsters. there could be 20+ different maps using just 7 art pallets/themes and all could feel very different… or you could be right, 7 pallets, 7 maps, 14 missions… i hope 'm right though

Conversely, some missions can use different art pallets at once. You could say Truth and Reconciliation used two different pallets: one being a desert gorge and another an alien cruiser’s interior.

So basically, I think we still have no idea what the mission count is.

> 2533274805497312;6:
> > 2533274865708979;5:
> > > 2533274801973487;4:
> > > 1) Snowy mountain
> > > 2) human colony
> > > 3) Sanghelios (ruins, recent gameplay)
> > > 4) Sanghelios (city, e3 gameplay)
> > > 5) grass area (short scene in one ViDoc)
> > > 6) volcanic/lava area
> > > 7) alien jungle (mentioned in the article)
> > >
> > > should be all :wink:
> >
> >
> > just because we have 7 art pallets, indicating 7 environments, implying 14 missions assuming each team visits that environment… why can’t there be multiple maps with the same pallet, forerunner facility for example, ‘the library’ and ‘assault on the control room’ from CE both used that template but were very different maps, one was claustrophobic passages and open externals and the other a dark, cavernous labyrinth of monsters. there could be 20+ different maps using just 7 art pallets/themes and all could feel very different… or you could be right, 7 pallets, 7 maps, 14 missions… i hope 'm right though
>
>
> Conversely, some missions can use different art pallets at once. You could say Truth and Reconciliation used two different pallets: one being a desert gorge and another an alien cruiser’s interior.
>
> So basically, I think we still have no idea what the mission count is.

indeed, but do we all agree as long as the story works and its fun to play in the end it won’t matter

OK just to clarify, I never said we’d only get 7 missions but those should be the seven settings!
There will be several Missions in the same setting much like in H2, you had 2 Missions set in Mombasa or two in the jungle’ish area of the Delta Halo.
We can already tell that both “Swords of Sanghelios” and “Enemy Lines” will use the same area.

If the whole campaign will be Locke nipping at Master Chief’s ankle and following him around map after map, the whole idea of splitting the story between the two is pointless. It’d get old extremely fast. Yes, some spaces will obviously appear twice (once with John and once with Locke) but most of the missions should cover unique spaces.

What I think they mean by pallette isn’t “map” or “location” but rather, a set of recurring objects, colors, themes and archetecture. That means that layer Sanghelios missions will all follow the same pallette which is Covenant structures with Covenant boxes and holograms, while the Swords of Sanghelios mission has a more organic, natural feel. Missions in the colony from the live action trailer will all have the same pallette as well (urban human stuff), while Meridian might have a more cyberpunky/lava pallette and the ship from the second mission (Blue Team) will have a human ship pallette, and another mission will have a Forerunner pallette…

These palettes don’t necessarily hint at the number of missions in the game, except that there are at least 7 of them. That said, one pallette could be used for 3 straight missions I’d that’s what the story required (say, if we find ourselves in Sanghelios for a long stretch of missions, which is likely). So it could be 14 missions, could be a few less, could be a few more. The good thing is that we already know the campaign will be lengthy, regardless of this point.