Campagin - No mention of Halo Trilogy

In Halo 4’s campaguin, they have not mentioned anything from the Halo Trilogy, they had not even mentioned Sgt.Johnson,Miranda, Truth, Flood, The Ark The halo’s,High Charity,New Mombasa Arbiter etc.

I found it annoying as if nothing happened.

They did mention the ark, in the easter egg ‘master chiefs data log’ which gives summary of what Chief did in the trilogy, but still does they not mention anything.

Why didn’t even mention Terrance Hood?

(SPOILERS HERE)
(SPOILERS HERE
(SPOILERS HERE)
(SPOILERS HERE)

And why did they not mention Terrence Hood when you next to the earth on Midnight, it would be so much better if he was helping you out with the mac cannons, and also there were NO MAC CANNONS in the earth’s orbit that were visible.

Maybe they got destroyed?

And why didn’t chief see the mountain side memorial that was at the end of Halo 3?

I really liked the Halo 4 campagin, but the mention of any characters was dissapoiting, it seemed like a new game.

Huh? What?

They mention the ceasefire with the Covenant in the first mission. The Librarian mentions The Flood. You see a Halo ring near the end of the game. Infinity’s mission is to locate all of the remaining Halo rings.

They didn’t mention the stuff you listed off because most of the stuff you mentioned was inconsequential to the plot of Halo 4, and would have only been thrown in there to satisfy the petty demands of people who are way too nit-picky.

They mentioned the Halos MANY times.

So either you skipped the cutscenes or just another troll like the “DMR/Boltshot is OP!” or “Halo: 4 is CoD in disguise!” guys. -_-

Yes I know they do mention flood and can see halo ring, but I am on about the Installation 04.
And The did mention The Installation 05, but nothing about the ark (I think)

And it’s supposed to feel like a new game. You’ve been “asleep” for nearly five years and you’re on a completely foreign planet / structure. Most of what happened in the past will come up within the next two games, I would think, but for now it’s a fresh start, bringing you up to date with chief as he awakes following Halo 3. It’s a good “lead-in” if you will, let’s see how the rest of the trilogy plays out before we judge if it has any connection to the last trilogy of games.

Yes I ama such a troll aren’t I!

Before you make conclusions, I played halo since 2005, so don’t say ‘I am a cod fanboy’ as I played every halo game that we love.

I am just saying they had not mentioned anything I stated I DO RELISE they stated halo’s but not the Installation 04b or like the other small things like the index or anything

there was a computer under the thing that MC was sleeping in that you could listen to his service record…

i didnt listen to it all, but some of that might be in there

> Yes I know they do mention flood and can see halo ring, but I am on about the Installation 04.
> And The did mention The Installation 05, but nothing about the ark (I think)

All of the stuff you want mentioned had no place in the plot or story though. Why mention Installation 04 when it’s been destroyed (again) and has no further contribution to the plot? Also, just because Cortana doesn’t verbally say “Hey, remember The Ark” doesn’t mean its not subtly reminded to the audience. For example, the giant floating remains of Forward Unto Dawn are a not-too-subtle reminder of what happened in the last game.

The Halo Trilogy is Bungie’s creation. The Reclaimer trilogy is 343’s creation. They are trying to make it very apparent that this is THEIR game, not Bungie’s. They are trying to live up to the expectations of the fans and continue the Halo legacy all while making their own game.

> > Yes I know they do mention flood and can see halo ring, but I am on about the Installation 04.
> > And The did mention The Installation 05, but nothing about the ark (I think)
>
> All of the stuff you want mentioned had no place in the plot or story though. Why mention Installation 04 when it’s been destroyed (again) and has no further contribution to the plot? Also, just because Cortana doesn’t verbally say “Hey, remember The Ark” doesn’t mean its not subtly reminded to the audience. For example, the giant floating remains of Forward Unto Dawn are a not-too-subtle reminder of what happened in the last game.

Well at least mentioning over the cutscenes or the talk, not like playable mission.

And I am aware that there is a computer under the cyro bay with Chief’s History

> > > Yes I know they do mention flood and can see halo ring, but I am on about the Installation 04.
> > > And The did mention The Installation 05, but nothing about the ark (I think)
> >
> > All of the stuff you want mentioned had no place in the plot or story though. Why mention Installation 04 when it’s been destroyed (again) and has no further contribution to the plot? Also, just because Cortana doesn’t verbally say “Hey, remember The Ark” doesn’t mean its not subtly reminded to the audience. For example, the giant floating remains of Forward Unto Dawn are a not-too-subtle reminder of what happened in the last game.
>
> Well at least mentioning over the cutscenes or the talk, not like playable mission.
>
> And I am aware that there is a computer under the cyro bay with Chief’s History

Again? Why? It’s not even remotely essential to what’s going on in the games story.

I dont really see the issue. Everything you mentioned happened in prior games and has no place in halo 4. If a new player really wants to know about the ark, installation 04, lord hood, etc then they can just go play the previous games, read the halo wiki, or read the novels.

I can understand that they didn’t want to introduce new characters to the game in it’s final level or ending. But they could have had Ron Perlman voice the Earth Defense control in the last level, instead of some random guy.

> I can understand that they didn’t want to introduce new characters to the game in it’s final level or ending. But they could have had Ron Perlman voice the Earth Defense control in the last level, instead of some random guy.

The random guy was Commander/Captain Lasky. That guy who gave you the pimped out Pelican earlier in the game and the guy who was the focus of that web series.

Master Chief is considered dead by many. Only few know of his survival, which is Infinity. It’s only natural for Master Chief to contact Infinity instead of Lord Hood because they have already established a connection. Also, Infinity is the current biggest human vessel so it’s only right for Master Chief to ask for their assistance.

> Master Chief is considered dead by many. Only few know of his survival, which is Infinity. It’s only natural for Master Chief to contact Infinity instead of Lord Hood because they have already established a connection. Also, Infinity is the current biggest human vessel so it’s only right for Master Chief to ask for their assistance.

And who knows if Hood is even alive - or if alive, still part of UNSC - at this point in the timeline. It’s been over 4 frickin’ years for cripes’ sake.

“Hey Cortana, I know we’re in the middle of a crisis that could decide the fate of the entire human race throughout the universe, and I’m being shot at by both the Covenant and a whole new group of enemies I’ve never even met before… I have no real idea what’s going on or how I’m going to stop it but… why don’t we go ahead and reminisce about the events that landed me here in the first place, or some people I met briefly a few years ago - neither of which, I recognize, has anything to do with the situation at hand. Does that sound good? Cortana? Hello?”

> The Halo Trilogy is Bungie’s creation. The Reclaimer trilogy is 343’s creation. They are trying to make it very apparent that this is THEIR game, not Bungie’s. They are trying to live up to the expectations of the fans and continue the Halo legacy all while making their own game.

THATS THE PROBLEM.

THEIR IDEAS FOR THIS GAME SUCK.

YOU BUILD UPON WHAT BUNGIE ALREADY MADE, YOU DON’t DESTROY IT AND “INSERT 343 IDEAS HERE.”

Lets be clear…

• No assault

• No VIP

• No Race

• No Classic CTF

• Instant Respawn on Oddball ( WTF ??? )

• No Hornet

• No Brute Chopper

• NO Elephant or Sandtrap Equivalent

• No revenant

• No Blood Gulch Equivalent Besides the remake of Valhalla Which has been butchered by the addition of the Mantis.

• No weapons on Map ( besides the ludicrous and INFREQUENT random drops )

• Poor Support for Custom Gamers

• No options to change infection weapons

• 2/3 Dark and Grimy Forge Worlds

• Poorly designed maps which are too crowded for appropriate vehicle play but too big for on foot combat

• Limited Edition looks like it was designed by a 14 year old in photoshop.

• Poor Theater and Screenshot support

• No Firefight ( spartan Ops sucks. Boring Story and lame missions. Find the scientists bla bla and the scientists aren’t found. Press some buttons bla bla and thats it. )

• No returning characters besides Masterchief and Cortana.

• No arbiter

• No mention of the newly found 343 copy or The Spirit of Fire

• No Spartans from the books ( Spartan 4’s dont count )

• Mostly Boring cutscenes
    _ all the weapons from the game were revealed leaving no secret weapons to be found
    _ All the enemies were revealed with no secret enemies or surprise characters

_dual weilding cut completely

_ Desregard for cannon ( changed looks of chiefs armor, changed looks of the Forward unto dawn.

_ Lackluster Character development

_ Story Shifts Gears too frequently

_ Horrible ending.

_ Legendary Ending was weak. ( although the graphics were nice )

_ Humor is almost non existant and any humorI could find was forced

_ UNLIMITED RESPAWNS IN SPARTAN OPS IS UNNACEPTABLE. An Obvious catering too unskilled or new players. ( Why not just make it available on easy or normal ??? )

_ Poor story implementation of Covenant.

_ No illusions to the flood or the precursors in main story

_ No mention of the Timeless one

_ Flood infected Spartans look like walking crabs that sound like parrots when they die

• No mention of the Precursor ship from the Anniversary Terminal

• Masterchief Falls from Space yet again. ( saw this in Halo 3, didnt need to see it in Halo 4 )

• A million missions where all you do is press a button on a console to avtivate or deactivate some forerunner shield, or door, or generator. Been done to death 1000 times

• Exile is too small for the Scorpion Tank.

• Poor implementation of Wraith into playlists

• Too many paths through centers of maps and not enough chokepoints for battles to develop.

• No brutes ( who doesn’t like our favorite simians ? )

• Promethian Grenades are useless because they take too long to detonate.

• Active Camo on start causes game imbalance.

• No spiritual successors to any good maps.( Ragnarok is identical so that doesn’t count )

• NO FORERUNNER VEHICLES ( this one made me the most mad. I wanted to see what kind of forerunner vehicles there would be and the only one was the Didacts Giant Ship that looked like a shrimp. ( The sealife kind of Shrimp ) )

And that is all for now. I’m not going to even go into how poorly the story was written, although the terminals were decent.

> I dont really see the issue. Everything you mentioned happened in prior games and has no place in halo 4. If a new player really wants to know about the ark, installation 04, lord hood, etc then they can just go play the previous games, read the halo wiki, or read the novels.

When writing a good story, you build upon what was already made for previous iterations of it.

You just don’t wipe the slate clean for a sequel when the previous games and books had some amazing material to build a sequel with.

> > I dont really see the issue. Everything you mentioned happened in prior games and has no place in halo 4. If a new player really wants to know about the ark, installation 04, lord hood, etc then they can just go play the previous games, read the halo wiki, or read the novels.
>
> When writing a good story, you build upon what was already made for previous iterations of it.
>
> You just don’t wipe the slate clean for a sequel when the previous games and books had some amazing material to build a sequel with.

When writing a good story you also dont halt the flow of a story completely in order to reflect on past events that have no relevance to the current story at hand. At no point did Halo 4 wipe the slate clean, it just didn’t dwell on past events that weren’t relevant to what was going on in Halo 4.

In Halo 3, when Chief asked Cortana if she still had the Halo index from Halo 1 did they stop what they were doing to reflect on Corporal Jenkins when he was killed by The Flood?

You do have a point, it seemed a little silly not referencing all that much previous fiction when diving into a sequel in the series. I understand they didn’t have all that much time to sit around and reminisce, but a nod or two would have been cool. They still have time in SpOps, H5, etc.