Camo needs a much shorter duration

Camo in reach is far OP. Hopefully in halo 4 it has a shorter duration. I’m tired of trying to convince my buddy that his K/D is decent only because of his invis sniping, which takes little more skill than sitting around a corner with rockets.

Invis sniping is for bads. Don’t get me wrong, invis has its place and uses. I just really hope it has a shorter duration.

If not, classic playlist please.

Funny that you accidentally spelled “camp” instead of camo in the title. Basically the same thing anyway.

If only invis was a power up again.

Fix your title btw.

Don’t you know? Nothing in this game is gonna take lots of skill - Except maybe Classic.

Camo isn’t OP, but it slows down the game. Radar jamming just leads to me waiting around until the camo runs out.

I’m not a camper, but I want camo to be better by being stronger. Halo Reach camo kind of sucks.

I am fine with how long it lasts, the cool down is the issue. The cool down is so short it is practically unlimited camo. And the jamming thing is dumb, it teslls you they are there but if your busy with something else it is useless, at least in the Beta it still showed what level they were on.

Solution:

  1. Decrease camo time.

  2. Have running speed not affect camo. Allows for camo to be a more mobile AA while sacrificing its camping capabilities.

  3. Possibly have camo work like the spy’s invisibility watch like in TF2 where he user can’t attack while invisible. It’d be more balanced, but no one here is going to go for it because they don’t like good ideas from other games.

  4. Have Forerunner/Promnight/justcallitthermal Vision detect camo users at any range if they have a line of sight to them. This limits the effectiveness of camo snipers, at least, obvious ones.

  5. Have Thermal Vision not detect active camo users through walls. This gives
    some sort of counter to Promnight Vision, like Smoke did with Enhanced Vision in Shadowrun.

  6. Have one shot kill weapons decrease the time the user can be in camo, or have it show as the crappy camo which comes out while running. One shot kill weapons and camo are the main problems with it. The AA is supposed to be used to guarantee the first shot, but when combined with a 1sk weapon, that one shot is all that’s needed. It has no real way to prevent it, either, even with the radar jammer effect notifying enemies of their presence.

The best solution is to replace it back with the powerup we all know and love.

> Funny that you accidentally spelled “camp” instead of camo in the title. Basically the same thing anyway.

Lol, yes.

OT: Yeah, I hate when snipers hide on top of rocks, especially in large scale playlists like BTB when you can’t find where they are on the map because the map is so open and big. It really needs to be made shorter and a longer reload duration needs to be put into place. Camo can really give people the impression somebody is actually good when they’re not.

> Camo can really give people the impression somebody is actually good when they’re not.

It doesn’t help that the idea of camo sniping seems really bad -Yoink- on paper, either.

A good sniper doesn’t need the camp if they find a good enough nest and move every three or four kills

> Camo in reach is far OP. Hopefully in halo 4 it has a shorter duration. <mark>I’m tired of trying to convince my buddy that his K/D is decent only because of his invis sniping, which takes little more skill than sitting around a corner with rockets.</mark>
>
> Invis sniping is for bads. Don’t get me wrong, invis has its place and uses. I just really hope it has a shorter duration.
>
> If not, classic playlist please.

Sound like your friend has a good strategy. Also you are a crappy friend.

> I’m not a camper, but I want camo to be better by being stronger. Halo Reach camo kind of sucks.

There is NO way camo should be made stronger. When it was a pickup, you might get lucky and snag it twice in a game, which would get you maybe 3 minutes of invis (at work can’t fact check).

I’m reach, active Camo can easily give you 5 minutes of invis that you can use at your will, you don’t even have to fight for the powerup.

It needs to drain faster, and moving around maybe shouldn’t decrease duration (seems like this only incentivizes camping)?

Something needs to happen to it. Its far to easy to get kills by hanging at the back of the map and sniping people who can’t see you (I hate asylum for this sole reason and pinnacle can be ruined by it some games)

Also fixed the title. Damn iPhone autocorrect

Getting killed by an invis sniper just infuriates me. How can anyone be happy knowing
they’re just being a d*ck.

IMO bring back the pickup for camo and overshield. Probably won’t happen though :frowning:

> Camo in reach is far OP. Hopefully in halo 4 it has a shorter duration. I’m tired of trying to convince my buddy that his K/D is decent only because of his invis sniping, which takes little more skill than sitting around a corner with rockets.
>
> Invis sniping is for bads. Don’t get me wrong, invis has its place and uses. I just really hope it has a shorter duration.
>
> If not, classic playlist please.

I disagree, inviso stinks in reach it needs to be like H ce - H3 were it actually worked on the move to.

> Solution:
>
> 1. Decrease camo time.
>
> 2. Have running speed not affect camo. Allows for camo to be a more mobile AA while sacrificing its camping capabilities.
>
> 3. Possibly have camo work like the spy’s invisibility watch like in TF2 where he user can’t attack while invisible. It’d be more balanced, but no one here is going to go for it because they don’t like good ideas from other games.
>
> 4. Have Forerunner/Promnight/justcallitthermal Vision detect camo users at any range if they have a line of sight to them. This limits the effectiveness of camo snipers, at least, obvious ones.
>
> 5. Have Thermal Vision not detect active camo users through walls. This gives
> some sort of counter to Promnight Vision, like Smoke did with Enhanced Vision in Shadowrun.
>
> 6. Have one shot kill weapons decrease the time the user can be in camo, or have it show as the crappy camo which comes out while running. One shot kill weapons and camo are the main problems with it. The AA is supposed to be used to guarantee the first shot, but when combined with a 1sk weapon, that one shot is all that’s needed. It has no real way to prevent it, either, even with the radar jammer effect notifying enemies of their presence.

  1. Yes
  2. No. Make it the opposite of Reach (moving = good camo, standing still = poor camo) and remove the radar jam and allow the user to hear normally.
  3. No
  4. Maybe
  5. Thermal Vision???
  6. No

As is Reach’s camo is pretty useless as nobody seems to use it to its full potential.

I don’t think camo needs anything down to it. When I play FFA I use it to sneak up on people that are camping.

Camo needs to be a pickup that lasts as long as it always has and works like it did in the trilogy.

> Camo isn’t OP, but it slows down the game. Radar jamming just leads to me waiting around until the camo runs out.

Easiest way to figure out where an invisible person is on yer radar is in the middle of all the red dots.

That is an easy way to find them and that is how I kill somebody that is invisible.