calm down - just read

( http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/343-responds-to-halo-4-multiplayer-concerns-says-it-feels-like-halo )

putting it out there

People also need to remember that these people are also in PR and of course are going to say it plays like Halo. I am not saying anything either way on the situation here, but PR announcements are not the best source.

Please. PR says a lot of things to sell a game, even outright lies. It’s their job to sell the game, so they’ll tell the audience whatever it wants to hear. If you want proof of how bad this can get, take a look at the Mass Effect 3 controversy.

What is PR?

> What is PR?

Public Relations. It’s their job to sell the game. Press releases, interviews, interaction with he community, etc. That’s all a part of PR. PR’s job is to sell the game, so they will exaggerate if necessary, because they must sell, sell, sell! That’s just how things work. 9/10, they will tell you what you want to hear, not what you don’t want to hear.

> Please. PR says a lot of things to sell a game, even outright lies. It’s their job to sell the game, so <mark>they’ll tell the audience whatever it wants to hear.</mark> If you want proof of how bad this can get, take a look at the Mass Effect 3 controversy.

Then why didn’t they tell Halo 4 fans what they want to hear?

> > What is PR?
>
> Public Relations. It’s their job to sell the game. Press releases, interviews, interaction with he community, etc. That’s all a part of PR. PR’s job is to sell the game, so they will exaggerate if necessary, because they must sell, sell, sell! That’s just how things work. 9/10, they will tell you what you want to hear, not what you don’t want to hear.

Exactly, a PR person will never tell you what you should be worried about.

Not nes true.

damage control

Step 1: Take a knife
Step 2: Close your eyes
Step 3: Feel the side of the knife.

Does the knife feel nice and smooth?

Anyone see where I’m going with this?

CALM… How dare you tell me to be calm… Rrraaawwwrrrrrr… No seriously I’m waiting patiently for more info no point in going into a rage over something I know almost nothing about.

> Step 1: Take a knife
> Step 2: Close your eyes
> Step 3: Feel the side of the knife.
>
> Does the knife feel nice and smooth?
>
> Anyone see where I’m going with this?

That you have a weird -Yoink!- for smooth objects.

as long as this game doesnt play as crappy as halo 3 was, then they can say w/e they want

> > Please. PR says a lot of things to sell a game, even outright lies. It’s their job to sell the game, so <mark>they’ll tell the audience whatever it wants to hear.</mark> If you want proof of how bad this can get, take a look at the Mass Effect 3 controversy.
>
> Then why didn’t they tell Halo 4 fans what they want to hear?

Well, they did… sort of.

Even if there will be changes people loath (and I already do), they have stated that:

• There will be a classic playlist
  • The core Halo formula will be there
  • And of course “it feels like Halo”

They can’t get around that change (however terrible this type of change is) is coming. So, they tell there core fans what they want to hear: “It still feels like Halo.” It’s PR spin, PR control, whatever. The Mass Effect Development team was excellent at this kind of stuff… until people played Mass Effect 3 to the end, but that’s another story for another forum I’m a part of.