Calm down about This "Perk" System

First of all I didn’t make this point, I saw it in another thread and thought it should get it’s own thread so more people see it.

> Assuming these perks/loadouts are in Matchmaking, then the frustration makes sense.
>
>
> However, in this article, which apparently everyone is freaking over,
> Halo 4 multiplayer revealed: Master Chief meets Call of Duty? | Halo | The Guardian
>
>
> The quote that has been scaring everyone -Yoink- didn’t say WHERE the customizable features would actually be.
>
>
> “Speaking at the Xbox Showcase event in San Francisco last week, creative director Josh Holmes told reporters: “You, as a player, have the ability to customise all aspects of your Spartan warrior – and not just cosmetically. For the first time in a Halo title, you can actually change gameplay-impacting components. This allows you to customise load outs and gives you gameplay enhancements that can be unlocked through the progression system.””
>
>
> This could be campaign, for all we know. (Which could result in a good excuse to play through it on multiple times.)
>
> Just chill guys. Just chill.

Now can we please calm down until we know more???

Wow…page three in 5 minutes. World record.

Its going to get harder and harder to post on this forum now…

> Its going to get harder and harder to post on this forum now…

Yeah I know, and it’s frustrating because this post just proves people are screaming their heads off for nothing lol…

The changes are making me more look forward to Halo 4 and trust me, 343 won’t mess up. They’re always going on about ‘classic gameplay’ so I doubt they’d just take it all away. I’m not worried at all, I’m just seeing improvements :slight_smile:

Any one see how many views the Reach forum is getting? That’s just epic foreshadowing right there. A video of Halo 4 comes out and Reach is already a dead game lol. Just imagine when it’s finally released.

I almost forgot it existed to be honest. :stuck_out_tongue: I thought Reach was supposed to be this “amazing revolutionary game”, Reach kids must be mad as hell that the BR is back w/ no copy pasta maps (so far) and fast movement/good jump height.

I really wouldn’t mind perks if they were just for campaign and didn’t touch matchmaking but who knows if thats going to happen.

> Any one see how many views the Reach forum is getting? That’s just epic foreshadowing right there. A video of Halo 4 comes out and Reach is already a dead game lol. Just imagine when it’s finally released.
>
> I almost forgot it existed to be honest. :stuck_out_tongue: I thought Reach was supposed to be this “amazing revolutionary game”, Reach kids must be mad as hell that the BR is back w/ no copy pasta maps (so far) and fast movement/good jump height.

LOL, I noticed it too. People just want the next big thing.

What’s the matter, OP? Does criticism affect you too greatly?

> I really wouldn’t mind perks if they were just for campaign and didn’t touch matchmaking but who knows if thats going to happen.

But what’s the point in all of these “It’s been a good run” and “Anybody miss Bungie” doomsday threads? Honestly just stop assumin the worst, there’s a bulletin on wednesday, people should at least wait until then.

Don’t try to calm the whingers down; this is the most entertainment I’ve had on this forum since I joined.

Only in campaign? Nope, try again:

Characters are now fully customizable in multiplayer; Spartans will have load-outs. The big news for Halo online fans is that 343 has decided to include game-changing unlocks in return for level progression, a similar system to that found in Call of Duty, for example.

Perks and loadouts just for campaing cofDOES HE REALLY BELIEVED?cof

I miss a lot fashioned arena Multiplayer, with same weapon and the knowlodge and map control, not to mention skill, being really the thing. Hate free kills and progressive enhancement, and anything that can help you about killing players besides your skills.

> Only in campaign? Nope, try again:
>
> Characters are now fully customizable in multiplayer; Spartans will have load-outs. The big news for Halo online fans is that 343 has decided to include game-changing unlocks in return for level progression, a similar system to that found in Call of Duty, for example.

OK my bad.

Nevertheless, that could still be anywhere in multiplayer it could just have a single playlist, it could be in invasion, I doubt it would be everywhere. But whatever, I give up, if you wanna go around screaming “The end is nigh” and raise your blood preassure go ahead. I’ll be waiting 'till we know more.

>
> Characters are now fully customizable in multiplayer; Spartans will have load-outs. The big news for Halo online fans is that 343 has decided to include game-changing unlocks in return for level progression, a similar system to that found in Call of Duty, for example.

I swear to raptor jesus, if they use this and don’t supplement it with 1-50 or similar ranking system. Competitive Matchmaking will be more pointless in H4 than in Reach.

Yeah, I am slowly losing hope for Halo 4. I’m fine with AA’s and all, but not with loadouts, and certainly not Custom Loadouts.

> Any one see how many views the Reach forum is getting? That’s just epic foreshadowing right there. A video of Halo 4 comes out and Reach is already a dead game lol. Just imagine when it’s finally released.
>
> I almost forgot it existed to be honest. :stuck_out_tongue: I thought Reach was supposed to be this “amazing revolutionary game”, Reach kids must be mad as hell that the BR is back w/ no copy pasta maps (so far) and fast movement/good jump height.

From Frank O Conors interview.
something along the lines…
“It’s not the DMR shown today”

NOT SHOWN TODAY…probably gunna have both communities of DMR/BR lovers.

So if this is your main use (perks to affect dramaticaly the gameplay), you want it not, then why have it anyway?

I’m surprised with the hopes of some with the new resources, so it does not work properly, rather than not want it there from the beginning. Isn’t it better for the reputation of the game not to have broken features?

see below.

>

I reread the source from which you got that from, and it should reallly be noted that the quote that reads

“Characters are now fully customizable in multiplayer; Spartans will have load-outs. The big news for Halo online fans is that 343 has decided to include game-changing unlocks in return for level progression, a similar system to that found in Call of Duty, for example.”

was NOT in quotations. As in, the author of the article wrote it, not anyone of any official 343 status.

In other words, SPECULATION IS NOT FACT. He assumed the worst just as everyone else did.

And thanks for mentioning me OP.